Too Late

What to Do?

The next morning, Yura jumped out of bed when she heard Sojin’s door open. She rushed to her door and quickly opened it. As she opened her door, she caught a glimpse of Sojin’s suitcase rolling across the living room. She didn’t like the feeling she had in her heart.

 

“W…where are you going, babe?” Yura asked as she moved closer to Sojin.

 

Sojin didn’t respond or look at Yura as she continued to move towards the door. Yura knew she had to do something before it was too late. She ran pass Sojin and gently grabbed her by the upper arms.

 

“Please…where are you going?” Yura asked again.

Yura stared into Sojin’s empty eyes. The once loving and warm eyes were gone and that was because of her mistakes. In return, Sojin gave Yura the coldest stare which caused Yura to shiver.

 

“Let go of me,” Sojin responded as she emphasized each word.

 

Yura continued to hold onto Sojin. She was afraid that if she let go, Sojin would walk out of her life forever. She could not make any more mistakes in this relationship. If she let Sojin go, she knew that their relationship was over.

 

“I…I will let go if we talk about it first,” Yura replied as she searched for some warmth from Sojin’s eyes.

 

Once Yura said that, Sojin started to break from Yura’s grip. Sojin did not want to talk about it; she wanted to get away from the person that she loved. She was hurting and she couldn’t be in the same apartment with Yura.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it, Yura,” Sojin coldly responded.

 

When Yura heard and felt the coldness of Sojin’s response, she loosened her grip as she realized that it was too late. She had never heard Sojin say her name that coldly before. From that moment, she gave up that small hope inside. It was the hope of talking things out and working it out. From that moment, she knew Sojin was done with her and she wanted nothing to do with her.

 

“Before I let you go, I just want to say that I am deeply sorry for many things that happened. I’m sorry that I was unfaithful. I’m sorry that I kept it a secret. I’m sorry that I didn’t come clean the first time you asked me if anything was wrong. I’m sorry that you had to find out like this. I’m sorry—” Yura apologized but she was cut off when Sojin started to pull away from Yura’s grip. “Please let me finish before you leave. At least hear me out before you decide if this relationship is worth saving. I just know that if I let you go now, you will never come back to me.”

 

Sojin knew that Yura had a strong grip so fighting against her was pointless. She decided to stop struggling and listen to what Yura had to say.

 

“Well…finish what you have to say because I need to catch the next train,” Sojin replied.

 

“I’m sorry for all the pain I caused you. I was stupid when I thought that cheating behind your back was a good idea. Please just stay so we can talk and work this out. I am barely functioning right now and if you leave, I will fall apart. So just please stay,” Yura explained as started to tear up.

 

Sojin saw that Yura was about to cry but she knew that she had to leave. She had to leave in order to figure out if her relationship with Yura was worth saving. As of now, she felt that her relationship was not worth much anymore. Yura basically threw her heart and this relationship down the toilet. Sojin looked away since she wasn’t falling for her tears.

“Are you finished? Can you let me go now?” Sojin coldly asked.

 

There were chills that ran down Yura’s spine. She turned Sojin into an ice princess overnight and now, Sojin was giving her the cold shoulder. The Sojin that she loves was not there anymore. The girlfriend that was standing in front of her was just a shell. At that thought, Yura completely loosened her grip on her upper arms. She felt Sojin shrugging off her hands and saw her reaching for her suitcase. As Sojin moved around her, she dropped to her knees and covered her face in her hands. She was fully crying now.

 

Although her back was towards the apartment door, she knew that Sojin had reached it. She heard Sojin shuffling her feet as she tried to put on her shoes. When Yura didn’t hear anymore shuffling noises, Sojin was done and ready to leave.

 

“W…wait! Before you go, please remember that I will always love you and I always have. I screwed up and I am willing to do anything to make it up to you,” Yura said loudly.

 

Sojin didn’t respond to what she said. All she heard was Sojin turning the handle and her walking through the doorway and down the hall to the elevator. She continued to hear Sojin’s steps until the door slammed shut. She didn’t hear anything anymore but her heart slowly breaking. She knew that Sojin was waiting for the slow elevator so she quickly stood up and reached for the door. Yura opened the door and rushed to the elevator. When she arrived to the elevator, she did not see any sign of Sojin. She was too late. Feeling defeated, Yura sluggish walked back to dorm. When she stood in front of the door, she hesitantly punched in the code to unlock the door. She knew that her Sojin was not behind the door, waiting for her. What was waiting beyond this door was emptiness and sadness. It was too late and all that was left for her were the pieces of two hearts.