Regret

What to Do?

Yura came home beyond drunk from her staff dinner that night. Their manager was right; Yura woke up with a painful and splitting headache the very next day. Being the loving and caring girlfriend, Sojin took care of Yura by making haejangguk (aka hangover soup) and an iced Americano. Instantly, Yura felt better after her meal and gave a long, sweet kiss to Sojin as a thank you. Before Sojin had a chance, Yura quickly collected the dishes and utensils from the table and washed them.

 

“UNNNIEEE! Don’t tell me that the pink piggy ate all the breakfast!” Hyeri yelled and pointed at Yura who was covering her ears.

 

Yura thought her hangover was cured until Hyeri proven her wrong. Her headache was back and it was more painful than before. She silently promised herself to never drink so much at any event ever again.

 

“YAH! Stop screaming Lee Hyeri or else you will regret it!” Yura yelled as she massaged the side of her head.

 

“Hyeri, no more screaming today…okay? Yura drank too much at last night dinner and she is recovering from a bad hangover,” Sojin explained before Hyeri and Yura have a screaming match.

 

“Oh…ok Sojin unnie,” Hyeri replied as she faced Yura. “I’m sorry Yura unnie. I didn’t know.”

 

“It’s okay as long as you keep your voice down for today. Okay?” Yura mentioned.

 

Hyeri nodded and patted Yura’s back as she walked towards the kitchen. Then Hyeri saw Sojin setting down a pile of pancakes and eggs on the table. She quickly ran to the table, sat down and started to cut into the huge pile of pancakes. Sojin came back with a bottle of maple syrup, ketchup, salt and pepper. Hyeri was extremely happy as she munched on her pancakes and eggs. Sojin smiled but saw that Yura was still struggling with a splitting headache.

 

“Maybe now you learn not to drink so much,” Sojin said as she walked over to Yura with a can of dawn 808 (it is a Korean herbal drink to cure hangover).

 

“Yes, yes…this is so painful,” Yura agreed as she opened the can and slowly gulped it down. Yura tasted the bitterness while she struggled to swallow the content.

 

Sojin saw that Yura was struggling with the herbal drink so she walked to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. As she walked back, Yura went to place the can into the recycling pile.

 

“Here’s some water to wash down the bitter taste,” Sojin said as handed over the water bottle.

 

“Thanks babe. What would I do without you?” Yura jokingly asked.

 

“You know you would probably die without me,” Sojin replied as she giggled.

 

“Do…you…guys…have to flirt every morning?” Minah asked through her yawning.

 

“Oh! Look who finally decided to wake up,” Hyeri said with a mouthful of eggs.

 

“Ew! Hyeri just stop talking and enjoy your food,” a disgusted Minah replied.

 

Hyeri shrugged as she went back to her food. Quickly, Sojin went into the kitchen and brought out Minah’s breakfast which was a smaller version of Hyeri’s meal. When Minah saw her food, she happily skipped to her chair and sat down. Once Hyeri and Minah finished their breakfast, Yura offered to wash the dishes and utensils because Hyeri, Minah and Sojin had a schedule today.

 

As Yura finished rinsing the last plate, she walked into the living room. She saw Hyeri and Minah was putting on their shoes and was doing a last minute check on their outfit. When they were satisfied, Hyeri reached for the door.

 

“Bye-bye Yura and Sojin, I will see you guys tonight,” Hyeri said.

 

“Bye unnies! Thanks for letting me stay over again,” Minah said as she followed Hyeri. “Yah, Lee Hyeri…wait for me!”

 

After a few minutes, Sojin came out with her black backpack in hand. She had another vocal lesson at the company again. Yura was a bit upset when she realized that she was going to be alone at the dorm.

 

“Aw, don’t worry. I will be back soon and we can watch a movie or something,” Sojin said as she gave a quick peck on Yura’s cheek.

 

“Okay~” Yura replied as she pouted a bit. “Oh babe, sorry that I didn’t come home last night when I asked you to stay up for me.”

 

“Oh that is alright. As long as you came home safely, then everything is fine,” Sojin replied back while tying her last shoe. “Alright-y, I am going now.”

 

Sojin reached for the door and opened it. Before she had a chance to leave, Yura pulled her back and gave her a long, deep kiss. Sojin’s phone beeped and it was a message from her manager. Sojin stopped and pulled away from Yura. Yura pouted a bit from the lost contact. She saw how sad Yura was so she quickly gave her a peck on the lips before heading out the door.

 

Once the door closed, Yura was all alone in the dorm. She had no idea what to do until she heard her phone from her room. When she found her phone, she had a message from Lee Chul Woo.

 

Please tell me that you made it home alright? – Chul Woo

 

Yeah. I made it home but I have a really bad hangover. Just how much did we drink last night? – Yura

 

Yura felt her heart starting to beat faster when she thought about Chul Woo. Soon, her stomach started to feel funny too.

 

Do I have feelings for Chul Woo? I shouldn’t be having feelings for someone else because Sojin is the only one for me. Yura thought as she placed her hand on her heart. Stop being so stupid heart.

 

Chul Woo didn’t replied back from her last text. She decided to work in her adult coloring book to take her mind off of her feelings.

 

We drank a little bit too much. I am also nursing a hangover right now. Want to come out and grab some haejangguk with me? – Chul Woo

 

Yura was a bit taken back from his question. Was Chul Woo asking her on a date or was she reading into the question too much? She wasn’t sure how to react to his text. Her phone beeped again.

 

I am not going to beat around the bushes. Last night, I felt something between us and I was hoping that you felt it too. So right now, I am asking you out on a date >.< - Chul Woo

 

Yura was shocked. She wasn’t wrong about Chul Woo asking her on a date. She didn’t know what to do or what to text back. Her thumbs kept hovering above the keyboard. She didn’t want to be rude to Chul Woo so she decided to go.

 

Sure, I will go but I will not be eating haejangguk with you. Sojin, the leader of my group, made me some earlier this morning. – Yura

 

Oh sure…that is fine. That is one awesome leader you have there. I wish I had someone like that here. – Chul Woo

 

Where should I meet you? I can pick you in my car either at your building or somewhere else. Ah, I forgot that we need to be careful with reporters. – Chul Woo

 

Chul Woo was right. They needed to be careful with this because they couldn’t be caught with any rumors. Then Yura had an ideal place for Chul Woo to pick her up without being in public.

 

There is an empty and hidden alleyway that cars and people rarely use. I can wait for you there. Do you know a good restaurant with private rooms? – Yura

 

Hm, that area should be fine. Yup, I know a restaurant that will be good for us to go. I will meet you in 30-45 minutes. – Chul Woo

 

Yura was getting excited for her date with Chul Woo. She quickly took a shower and changed into a plain white shirt, blue jeans, a baggy hoodie and a baseball cap. Her phone beeped and she saw that Chul Woo was waiting at the abandoned alleyway. Before leaving, she put on her mask and sunglasses. She double checked her outfit and made sure her face was covered. When everything was perfect, she opened the door and headed to the alleyway.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Three weeks had passed since Chul Woo and Yura’s first date. She had a lot of fun with Chul Woo during their little meal. After the first date, Yura decided to continue dating Chul Woo behind Sojin’s back. She thought that Sojin didn’t suspect anything but she was wrong. Sojin totally felt the rift forming between Yura and her. She felt that Yura was acting strange around her and there was no dorky Yura in the morning.

 

It was late in the afternoon when Yura was out on a schedule. Sojin and Hyeri were at the dorms watching a drama on TV. They were having samgyetang (ginseng chicken soup) for lunch that day.

 

“Unnie, when did Yura say she will be back today? We should go and hang out with Minah tonight, what do you think?” Hyeri asked as she ripped a piece chicken.

 

“Hm, I am not sure. Let me text her and find out,” Sojin replied while searching for her phone.

 

Hey babe. Hyeri and I are just wondering when you will be back today. We are planning to go and hang out with Minah tonight. Want to join us? – Sojin

 

Few minutes had passed and still no response from Yura. Sojin started to worry and Hyeri noticed.

 

“Unnie, she is probably in the middle of doing something. She will respond soon so don’t worry,” Hyeri reassured Sojin.

 

“You are probably right Hyeri. I might be just over thinking things again,” Sojin replied and released a deep sigh.

 

“Hehe, I am always right Sojin unnie because I am the amazing Hyeri!” Hyeri exclaimed.

 

Sojin laughed from dorky Hyeri’s outburst. She calmed herself and wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes. They continued to eat and watch the drama on TV. Then she heard her phone beeped.

 

Sorry, I was in the middle of something. Hm, I think I will be coming back really late tonight. You two go have fun with Minah. Say hi for me~ - Yura

 

Oh…ok then. Good luck at work and stay safe. Don’t forget to eat lunch >.< - Sojin

 

After she sent her text, she released a bigger sigh and threw her phone on the sofa. She resumed watching and eating with Hyeri. After the food was gone and the drama finally ended, Hyeri washed the bowls and utensils while Sojin wiped down the table. Before Sojin entered her room, Hyeri stopped her and forced her to sit on the sofa.

 

“Unnie, I know something is bothering you and it is stressing you out. Please tell me before you get sick,” Hyeri said as she looked into Sojin’s eyes.

 

“It is nothing Hyeri. Don’t worry about it because I am fine,” Sojin lied.

 

“I know you unnie and all your tricks. Something is definitely bothering you and it is eating you alive,” Hyeri said. “Please just tell me. It will make you feel better, I promise.”

 

“Fine. I can’t hide anything from you anyways,” Sojin replied. “I think something weird is going on with Yura. She hasn’t been the same around us…around me.”

 

“Oh, you also felt that too. I thought I was the only one that felt that Yura is acting strange lately,” Hyeri replied.

 

“I don’t know. I feel like there is a rift between us these days. I just don’t know how to confront her about it,” Sojin said as she started to sniffle.

 

“Sojin it is alright. It is probably nothing because she totally loves you. If you want to know, just ask her,” Hyeri responded as she rubbed Sojin’s back.

 

“I think you are right. It is probably nothing. I will wait for her tonight and ask if anything is going on with her,” Sojin said.

 

Sojin started to feel a bit better after her little chat with Hyeri. Although Hyeri was always hyper and bouncing around, she was really mature when needed. Sojin was grateful that Hyeri kept pressing her to talk about her problem.

 

“See…I did promise that you will feel better. I did my job,” Hyeri exclaimed as she dusted her hands off.

 

Sojin giggled and playful pushed Hyeri. They decided to go bowling tonight and just have some fun. Hyeri called Minah to see if she wanted to go too. Minah excited agreed because she wanted to do something fun too.

 

Later that night, the three of them all went to the local bowl place near the dorm. After a few hours of teasing, playing, chatting and eating, they finally agreed to go home. Their manager dropped off Sojin and Hyeri first because they were close by. The two said their goodbyes and went to the elevator.

 

“So what are you going to do for the rest of the night?” Hyeri asked as they rode the elevator up to their floor.

 

“I am not sure but I will probably be reading,” Sojin replied. “What about you?”

 

“I will probably sleep. All these cf filming and modeling is getting me tired,” Hyeri responded.

 

“You totally deserved a good night rest. You have been working hard and I am proud of you,” Sojin said as she patted Hyeri’s .

 

Hyeri smiled widely as the elevator stopped at their floor. They quickly shuffled through the door and into the dorm. Sojin told Hyeri to take the bathroom first since she wasn’t in a hurry. Sojin went to her bookshelf and tried to decide on what book to read. When she finally found the book, she heard her name being called.

 

“Sojin unnie, the bathroom is all yours,” Hyeri said.

 

Sojin placed the book on her desk and quickly went to take a shower. After a relaxing shower, she comfortably sat on her bed and started to read. An hour had passed when she heard knocking on her door.

 

“Unnie, I just want to say good night before I knock out. So…good night~” Hyeri said.

 

“Good night Hyeri…and thank you for confronting me this afternoon. I needed that,” Sojin responded as she smiled.

 

Hyeri just nodded as she rubbed her tired eyes. She gently closed Sojin’s door and shuffled back to her room. Sojin checked her phone to see no messages. She saw that it was 10:30 PM and Yura was not back yet. She needed to talk to Yura so she forced herself to stay awake until Yura came back.

 

It was midnight when Sojin heard the dorm door opening. She jumped out of her bed and exited her room. Yura was shocked when she saw that Sojin was still awake.

 

“Omo, babe…why are you still awake. It is midnight,” Yura asked as she rubbed her hand on Sojin’s upper arm.

 

“Oh, I needed to talk to you about something. There is something that has been bothering me for a while,” Sojin responded as she held Yura’s hand that was rubbing before.

 

“Let’s go into your room so we don’t wake up Hyeri,” she suggested.

 

Sojin and Yura shuffled into Sojin’s room. Yura closed the door behind her and Sojin sat down on her bed.

 

“What do you need to tell me babe?” Yura asked with a hint of nervousness.

 

“I don’t know if you feel it but I feel like there is a rift between us these past few days. Is there something bothering you lately? Or did I do something wrong?” Sojin questioned as she looked into Yura’s eyes.

 

Yura didn’t know how to react or respond. As she stared into Sojin’s eyes, she could feel like Sojin was going through a lot of pain. Yura thought that she was doing a good job hiding her secret but she was silently killing Sojin.

 

“Nothing is wrong babe. I think I am just a bit stressed out with all these modelling schedules,” Yura replied and trying to comfort Sojin. “You didn’t do anything wrong. I am so sorry that I am hurting you. I didn’t know.”

 

Sojin started to tear up a bit. Yura saw the tears forming at the corner of Sojin’s eyes and it was killing her. She wasn’t sure if she should tell Sojin about her dating Chul Woo the past three weeks. It would totally ruin Sojin and it would kill Yura to see Sojin all upset. She decided not to tell Sojin about Chul Woo but she also decided to break things off with him. She finally realized that she cannot lose Sojin.

 

“Babe, I am going to drop my stuff in my room, take a shower and sleep in your room. Okay?” Yura asked as she gently opened the door.

 

Sojin nodded as she continued to silently sob. Yura squatted to Sojin’s level; she held Sojin’s face in her hands and gently wiped the tears. Before leaving, she gave a quick kiss on Sojin’s lips and whispered that she will be back. Yura quickly left the room and into her room. She dropped her bag on the floor and fished out her phone from her jacket pocket.

 

Sorry Chul Woo. I enjoyed our time together but we have to stop seeing each other. Please don’t contact me anymore. Sorry again. – Yura

 

Yura made sure the message was sent before she deleted the messaged between them. She was stupid for dating Chul Woo when she had Sojin the whole time. She should have said no and made a lame excuse on why she could go eat with him when he first asked her out. There was no way of erasing her mistakes so the only way is to hide them from Sojin. She took a quick shower and changed into her pajamas. Yura took her phone and her charger and brought it over to Sojin’s room.

 

When Yura opened Sojin’s door, she saw that it was heavily raining outside. She looked down and saw that Sojin was already lying down in bed. As she got closer, she realized that Sojin was still silently sobbing. She plugged the charger and double checked the phone was charging. She lifted the cover and slid in next to Sojin. Yura reached over and gently pulled Sojin into her.

 

“Sojin-ah, why are you crying still? Please don’t cry,” Yura pled as she hugged Sojin tightly.

 

“I…I think it is all the emotions I was holding in since the beginning. I really thought I was going to lose you,” Sojin confessed as she rolled to face Yura.

 

“Babe, you will never ever lose. I will continue to hold onto you tightly like this,” Yura responded as she tightened her arms around Sojin’s tiny waist. “So please…stop crying. You’re breaking my heart.”

 

It took a while but Sojin stopped crying. Once the crying stop, Yura showered her with kisses until she gave her a long and passionate kiss. Sojin started to loosen up and she moved closer to Yura.

 

“I love you babe,” Sojin whispered as she snuggled with Yura.

 

“I love you too, babe,” Yura whispered back.

 

As the tired Sojin fell asleep, Yura kept staring at her. Suddenly, she felt something heavy sitting on her chest. It was guilt and regret. She knew that she needed to tell Sojin about Chul Woo but when.