Real Man Filming

Apink Diary

~23-27 January 2015 Yoon Bomi's Real Man Filming~

12th January 2015

Bomi stared at the piece of paper which was an application for the army. Just two days ago, she was summoned by her CEO saying that they received an offer from SBS to film the reality show "Real Man" where candidates go through the process of army training. To her, it was something new. She loved challenges and gladly accepted it, however she was reminded that the filming was towards the end of January where their first concert "Pink Paradise" would be held. It was worrisome as the staff knew she would be exhausted and her coping up with practices for the last days may end her in a hospital.

"It's alright, I can do this." said Bomi with no worry. She was instead burning with confidence.

"Are you sure Bomi-ya? Once you finish filming, there will only be three days left for you to practice." said a staff worriedly.

"I can practice harder before the filming starts, that works too right?" said Bomi with a smile. She wanted to do it no matter what, even though she knew there will be hardships ahead.

Back at the dorm, Bomi told the members of her filming and all of them were shocked, especially the leader Chorong. To her, it was like her own child entering the army. Chorong was filled with a lot of worry because she watched the show before and knew what was waiting for Bomi. But, the members supported her fully and gave encouragement. For the next few weeks, Bomi diligently practiced non-stop before the day of filming. Chorong in particular, paid close attention to Bomi, took an extra mile to take care of her.

Finally, it was D-Day. One day before Bomi went to the army, the filming crew visited their dorm for an interview. Filming went smoothly as Bomi made everyone laugh as she needed to weigh herself and fill in the form. The moment the crew left, Bomi had exactly 20 hours before going to the army. The members decided to stay at home that day to support their member. Chorong cooked dinner for everyone and even made Bomi's favourite, budae jigae.

"But honestly, my dream was to be a soldier." said Hayoung as she ate.

"Don't make me laugh, you don't even exercise." said Eunji sarcastically.

"Even so, I would send Bomi and not you." said Chorong. Hayoung could only respond to a pout, it was normal for the unnies to protect their precious youngest.

"I heard we have a schedule while I'm not here. You can cover my parts right, Eunji?" asked Bomi as Apink were scheduled for an event.

"Eyy~I'm Apink's main vocal, of course I can" said Eunji with confidence.

"Do you want us to come along with you tommorow unnie?" asked Namjoo worriedly.

"Don't worry about me, it's just five days. It's not like I'm leaving forever." laughed Bomi, putting reassurance to her dongsaengs.

Soon, everyone finished eating and went to sleep like a normal day. Bomi looked around making sure everyone was fast asleep but she smiled, seeing her unnie sitting in the living room with her face full of worry. She knew her leader would be like that, she was just like a mother.

"Unnie, you're not sleepy?" asked Bomi as she sat down beside Chorong.

"I'm afraid you might hurt yourself. We're going to have our concert and I want all of us to be there."

"Aigoo, there you go again overthinking. I'm Yoon Bomi, army is nothing." she said with a smile.

"Should I prepare you breakfast tommorow? You're waking up at 4am right?" 

"Don't, I don't want you to wake up so early just to make me food. Instead, you could give me a lucky charm." said Bomi with a smirk.

"Lucky charm?" said Chorong with a confused expression. In just a split second, she began thinking that she might have to go outside and buy something for her.

"Kiss." said Bomi with a grin as she pointed towards her cheek. Chorong could only reject with her dolphin scream, pushing her face away while blushing.

"Sssh! You're gonna wake up the others!" said Bomi as she quickly covered Chorong's mouth.

"You're the one who started it....." said Chorong as her voice was softer, her cheeks were full of red.

"If you're gonna worry about me so much, give me a kiss. It's a lucky charm to protect me." grinned Bomi still pointing at her cheek.

Chorong only sighed, she knew of her antics. She knew Bomi wanted to fool around with her because she hated skinship, a lot.

"Only......once......" sighed Chorong as she stared at Bomi, angrily. Bomi could only smile widely as she found her unnie very cute like an angry, blushing rabbit.

Chorong closed her eyes and quickly moved herself forward, giving a quick peck on the Bomi's cheek before squealing in embarassment. She later threw pillows to Bomi as a revenge and hiding her face behind her hands, still shy from the kiss. Bomi on the hand, was smiling like an idiot and giggling like a manaic. 

"Thank you Chorong-unnie" said Bomi as she suddenly bent forward and kissed Chorong's forehead, only to have a punch to the stomach in return. She was overjoyed, happy that her unnie kissed her, happy that she could go to the army without any worries.

~X~

Eventually, D-Day arrived and Bomi woke up at 4am. She had everything ready, checked the temperature before hand, and was about to leave until she noticed something on the table. She could only smile, even though she told her not to, Chorong still made breakfast for her. There was a yellow note stuck to the lunchbox "Bomi-ya, don't hurt yourself during filming and eat this well! Love you~ - Chorong unnie". Bomi took it and left for filming. This was where five days without Bomi began. 

There was only one difference when Bomi isn't around, it was quieter and there was no one who made jokes. Five days went by very slowly without the presence of Bomi. Days went by as usual as the members were busy preparing for their concert whilst attending an event, Eunji perfectly sang Bomi's parts well but she knew that deep inside, no matter who covers her parts, Bomi singing it by herself was still the best.

27th January 2015

The members stayed up and waited for Bomi to return while eating dinner that Chorong cooked and watching tv. But, it was getting late and one by one, they decided to sleep and greet Bomi tommorow. Chorong wanted to stay up no matter how late it was but due to the exhausting practice they had, she lost the battle of sleep.

3:00AM

There was a turn of a knob at the door as it opened, sounds of bags rustling about interrupted the silence of the dorm. Bomi finally returned home, but she felt different. Living at the army camp really made her to miss everyone, she felt like she was gone for five years.

"Unnie?" a voice was heard. It was still dark as Bomi didn't turn on the lights.

"W-who's that?" 

"Me, Hayoung. You're back." said Hayoung with a smile as she switched on the light however, she was immediately hugged by Bomi. Surprised, she placed her hand on Bomi's back and patted.

"You've done a good job unnie...you should get some rest." said Hayoung with a smile. She noticed how much Bomi's face had changed, there were more dark circles and she had bruises everywhere.

"I missed you so much! I missed everyone!" said Bomi as tears fell down her cheeks, still in the embrace of the tall maknae.

"Wow, I wonder how scary and tiring the army must be to make Bomi unnie like that....." thought Hayoung to herself as she immediately helped her unnie to bring in the luggage.

"I honestly thought you were a celebrity Hayoung-ah...but wait. Why are you awake at this hour?" asked Bomi as she reverted back to her normal self.

"Oh.....I was watching cartoons then I felt thirsty so I went to the kitchen until I heard the door." 

"Cartoons, really? How old are you?" laughed Bomi while wiping her tears. She was just glad to be home, glad that everyone was just their normal selves.

~X~

Strangely enough, Bomi found herself waking up at exactly 6am which both Namjoo and Eunji who shared the same room found it fascinating.

"Did you like get beaten if you overslept? It's friggin 6am" joked Eunji as she went back to bed.

"Namjoo-ya, this is a problem. I can't go back to sleep." laughed Bomi.

"Well, good night unnie." replied Namjoo ignoring her and heading back to sleep. Bomi just pouted as she headed to the kitchen only to see Chorong, washing the dishes from last night.

"I'm back unnie." smiled Bomi. Chorong looked at her, scanning from top to bottom and heading straight to the drawers searching for something. She then brought out an antiseptic cream and lead Bomi to sit on the couch. She then folded Bomi's pants which revealed her blue-black bruises. Chorong sighed at the sight and rubbed the cream on her wounds.

"I knew this would happen to you." sighed Chorong as she just stared at Bomi's bruises.

"Did you miss me, unnie?" asked Bomi with a smile, touched at her unnie's actions.

"More like I was worried sick."

"Look at me." said Bomi as she placed her hands on Chorong's head and made eye-to-eye contact.

"Your dark circles are getting worse Bomi-ah." replied Chorong as she stared at Bomi.

"I haven't seen your face for five days, let me look at it longer." smiled Bomi as the two silently stared at each other for awhile only to be interrupted by Naeun who casually walked in.

"Oh, you're back....." replied Naeun who then stared at Chorong and Bomi's situation and quietly went back to her room while muttering "Sorry for disturbing"

"W-wait Naeun-ah! You're misunderstanding something!" said Bomi as she immediately went after her.

"Yah! I'm still applying your cream!" said Chorong whose hands were still filled with the antiseptic as she too, went after Bomi.

 

The five quiet days at Apink's dorm was short-lived as the laughter and noise was finally restored. It was yet, another day with Apink.