The Movie Date

Apink Diary

~15th July 2016, Chorong & Bomi's Movie Date~

 

[The night before Apink's Osaka Tour]

 

Bomi stared blankly at the white ceiling of their dorm, lying down on the sofa. She had spent the whole day sleeping as she was tired from the tour and managed to get her energy back. It was only until 4pm where Chorong entered into her room, scolding her why she wasn't awake yet. Glancing at the kitchen where the older girl was grabbing a drink, Bomi was bored.

"Unnie, where did everyone go?" asked Bomi as she randomly flipped through her phone, seeing her missed messages while she was deep into her sleep.

"Eunji was already out in the morning, said she was meeting a good friend of hers. Namjoo's also hanging out with her friend Hyejung. I don't know what the other two girls were up too, they were discussing something and left without telling me anything." sighed Chorong as she sat down on the sofa, changing the channel of the television.

"Tommorow we're heading to Osaka right?"

"Yes, have you packed?"

"No." said Bomi with a smile.

"As always."

"Unnie." said Bomi as she rose into a sitting position, eyes at the older girl.

"What?"

"Shall we watch a movie?"

"Don't tell me..."

"We have to unnie. We need to watch The Wailing." begged Bomi with a pout.

"Fine, if that's the case shall we also order pig trotters for dinner?" said Chorong with a smile. Bomi grinned at the older girl's agreement and immediately stood up, hands on the remote as she searched through the movies category of the television programme and clicked "The Wailing", while Chorong dialled the delivery service. 

 

~X~

 

Meanwhile in the streets of Hongdae under the night sky, two girls walked along the pathway, arms linked together as they sipped some juice they bought together. They perfectly covered themselves, wearing hoodies over their heads and masks around their mouth. They knew which places to go that weren't crowded and wouldn't catch any attention since they were celebrities.

"You sure it's here Hayoung-ah?" asked the older girl in uncertainity.

"Of course. This is where I'm always hanging out Naeun unnie." smiled the girl as she dragged her down the staircase, leading into a basement of a shoplot. It was an internet cafe.

"I think I'm going to regret coming here...." joked Naeun as she carefully stepped inside.

"Don't be like that unnie~ Eunji unnie said she was busy and I have no one to play multiplayer with." pouted Hayoung as she paid cash at the counter and dragged Naeun into the row of computers.

"But I'm not even good at games like these." said the older girl, sitting down.

"I know, unnie can't even shoot properly." laughed Hayoung as she also sat down and helped to turn on the PC for Naeun.

"Then why bring me here.." pouted Naeun.

"Then would you rather stay at the dorm with Chorong and Bomi unnie?"

"No, sorry. I take back my words Hayoung-ah." said Naeun as she giggled. It was wiser to leave the two unnies by themselves, playing a video game with Hayoung was obviously better choice.

 

~X~

 

Back at Apink's dorm, the two girls sat comfortably on the sofa with their pig feet placed on the table. It was rare to have moments like these especially when their busy schedules have just begun, having time together like this was worth to cherish. The two sat side by side as they watched the opening of the movie, as Bomi quietly stuffed food inside .

"How many times did I tell you to carry the plate with you when you eat? You're going to drop it everywhere." scolded Chorong as she handed a plate to Bomi's hand.

"Sorry unnie....I'm watching the show so I just..." said Bomi with a nervous laughter as her eyes wavered between the screen and Chorong.

"Ah..seriously what am I supposed to do with you.." sighed Chorong as she broke into a small giggle.

"Why are you laughing unnie?" said Bomi, still stuffing food into as her eyes were still focused on the screen.

"Nothing. Just watch the show Bom-ah." smiled Chorong as she stared at the younger girl for a while. It was like watching a small, happy kid who was satisfied and comfortable with where she was. She looked cute like that, innocently eating and watching the show as if the worries of the world were washed away.

While watching the show halfway, Bomi suddenly grabbed Chorong's hands while her eyes still concentrated on the screen. The older girl could feel a slight shiver and knew that she was scared. It had always been like that, whenever they watched horror shows. Chorong wasn't exactly much scared at shows like these but surprisingly, Bomi was the one who was afraid of these kind of things. The girl didn't know that the funny, sometimes tough girl had this soft side of her before and found it adorable.

"Boo!" shouted Chorong playfully as she managed to scare her.

"Ah! Unnie! Don't do that!" said Bomi with a pout as she lightly hit her. The older girl only laughed as she gently touched her hair, fixing it after it got messy from her eating.

The girls then continued to watch silently where there was a tense scene, obviously there was going to be a jumpscare. Bomi took the pillow and covered her face, peeking out occasionally to see what was happening. 

"Don't hide away, just watch it Bom-ah." giggled Chorong as she playfully snatched the pillow away. 

"Ah..unnie don't do it please please please please" begged Bomi as she tried to get the pillow back.

"Okay" smiled Chorong, falling for the younger girl's cute charms and returned the pillow back.

This continued throughout the two hour-long movie as Naeun and Hayoung returned back, joining the two. One by one, everyone was back home as it was becoming late and the girls had to prepare for their Japan tour tommorow. Eunji and Namjoo who weren't exactly interested in the movie, went to their rooms to pack and did their own things. 

Naeun and Hayoung were like typical girlfriends who asked each other what kind clothes they should bring, looking at the mirror in their room and recommended which was good or bad. Eunji and Namjoo on the other hand, would sing songs by themselves as they put in their clothes neatly.

"Unnie. You wanna bet if Bomi unnie won't be able to sleep tonight?" giggled Namjoo.

"Definitely. That girl can't watch scary things at all." answered Eunji as she would randomly sing out a tune. Today, she was humming to the melody of Hopefully Sky.

"I'm hungry. I wonder if they finished eating the pig trotters." mumbled Namjoo as she went outside, walked into the living room and checked the table only to have a frown on her face. It was all eaten up by her unnies.

"You're hungry Namjoo-ya? You didn't have dinner?" asked Chorong in worry. As always, the older girl knew what the child wanted. Just like a mother who knew everything about her own children.

"Why didn't you tell me you were ordering pig trotters..." pouted Namjoo.

"Because you said you were going out with your friend Hyejung so..." 

Namjoo simply pouted in silence as she stared at her unnie. Chorong could only break into a laugh as she stood up, lightly touched Namjoo's cheeks and went into the kitchen.

"I got it Namjoo-ya, go ask the others if they want to eat something else." said Chorong as she wore an apron and began to work in the kitchen.

"Yay! Thank you Chorong unnie~" said Namjoo as she lightly hugged her unnie and went into the rooms, asking if the girls wanted anything to eat. Immediately upon the mention of food, all three girls came out of their room and gathered at the kitchen. Bomi on the other hand, was too engrossed in the movie.

"Do we still have some leftover spicy rice cakes? That would be really good." said Namjoo as she looked through the kitchen shelves.

"Want me to help you unnie?" asked Eunji as she assisted Chorong to lift the pans and pots over.

"Thank you Eunji-ya. Go ask Bomi if she's still hungry."

"Okay. Hey! Bomi-ya! Do you want to eat anything?!" shouted Eunji from the kitchen, that was so loud that even Naeun and Hayoung could hear, despite being in their rooms. However, there was no response.

"Hey Yoon Bomi I asked if you were-" said Eunji deciding to walk back to the living room only to see the girl completely immersed in the movie, hugging the pillow tightly as she could not hear anything. It was at that moment, a jumpscare appeared on the screen as Bomi shouted out loud. Eunji on the other hand, was completely unaffected and laughed at her same-aged friend's reactions.

"THAT SCARED ME WHAT THE !"

"Bom-ah!" hissed Chorong, hearing the girl curse.

"Ah-sorry..." said Bomi as her voice got softer but her eyes were still glued to the screen, completely unaware that Eunji was just right beside her, staring with crossed arms.

"Hey, Yoon Bomi."

"What?" asked Bomi still not turning her head.

"You did not answer my question."

"What question?"

"I asked if you're still hungry."

"No."

"Okay. Not even rice cakes?"

"No."

"Heck, if you want to take a bite of the rice cakes later I'm not gonna let you."

"Uh huh."

"You said it Bom-ah." said Eunji with a stare as she headed back to the kitchen, informing the Rong leader to not make any food for Bomi.

 

~X~

 

By the time the leader had finished preparing food for their late supper, she returned to the living room to call Bomi over to the table. But instead, she saw the screen rolling credits clearing indicating that the horror movie they were watching had finally ended.

"Come on Bom-ah, I know you're hungry after getting all scared." said Chorong as she looked at the younger girl from the back of her head. Her face still facing the screen.

"Bomi-ya?" asked Chorong again, noticing that she did not respond. Not wanting to wait and finding it strange, she turned her head over to face her, only to giggle. There, the younger girl's eyes were all watery as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"It...It ended..." sniffed Bomi.

"And that's enough horror movies for you Bom-ah." said Chorong as she took the remote control and switched off the television.

"Let's go, I saved some food for you." she continued, grabbing the younger girl's hand and dragged her to the dining table where Namjoo was already busy stuffing spicy rice cakes into while a calm Eunji sat there, staring at her phone while pouring herself a glass of soju at the end. Naeun and Hayoung on the other hand, were all in their room still packing. 

Upon looking at Bomi's tearful face, both Eunji and Namjoo laughed. It was cute, adorable and yet hilarious at the same time. They never had imagined someone would be so terrified and bawled so hard from a horror movie.

"Omo unnie...are you okay?" said Namjoo with worried eyes but the laughter seeping from said so otherwise.

"Yoon Bomi seriously" snickered Eunji as she took a sip of soju from her glass.

"The ghost was...the ghost was...." said Bomi with a sniffle while starting to put food in as Chorong helped to wiped her tears with a tissue paper.

"Don't spoil it. I'm going to watch The Wailing myself to see what's so scary to the point it made you like this unnie." said Namjoo.

"You're going to be so swollen and ugly tommorow morning at the airport." teased Eunji.

"Looks like I'm not going to have a good sleep tonight..." sighed Chorong as she rolled her eyes.

"Unnie, are you saying you're letting me sleep with you tonight?" asked Bomi, her head turning to the girl as her eyes were still glistening with water. For some reason, she looked like a lost puppy who wanted the comfort of its master. The leader could say no, to such an adorable expression right in front of her.

"Well I don't have a choice right? I can't let a member not get any sleep when we have a schedule tommorow."

"Unnie....." said Bomi as she grabbed the leader's arm and hugged it, thankful and relieved. Eunji and Namjoo who saw this, laughed and also cringed at the same time. Who would've thought that this 24-year old would suddenly turn into a small child in front of the leader?

 

~X~

 

After the very late supper, the leader had to order everyone to go to bed. It was already reaching 3am and they had to be up by 6am to catch a flight to Japan. Naeun and Hayoung who finally managed to pack their luggage at last, went to bed. Namjoo obediently followed Chorong's orders and headed straight to bed after she finished eating. Eunji wanted to complete one glass of soju before heading off to bed, it had been awhile since she had some alcohol and a little moment to release her stress while on the other hand, Chorong sighed upon entering her room, seeing Bomi already lying flat on her bed.

"Aren't you enjoying this too much?" she asked.

"But it's scary. I can't sleep unless I'm with you unnie."

"You have Eunji and Namjoo in the other room. That's two people."

"It's a different case."

"Whatever, move. I need space otherwise how am I going to sleep?"

"By hugging me."

With the two embracing each other on Chorong's bed, it was normal as they have been doing this quite often. Even Chorong does this with Namjoo before, back in Thailand. The only thing that felt weird was whenever she felt Bomi's breath pacing at the back of her neck. It was rather uncomfortable but for some reason, her heart skipped a little, nervously.

And that was how, the night before their Japan tour started. It was no surprise that the next morning, everyone was sleep-deprived because obviously, having three hours of sleep was crazy.

 

But that's just how celebrites live. Sometimes you wonder, if they would accidentally fall in love with each other too.

 

 

A/N: It's been awhile since I've updated Apink Diary, I think it's been over a year haha. There have been slumps and lack of ideas, but I'm back~ This chapter was written a year ago, halfway incomplete after Chorong's update of her and Bomi watching the movie called "The Wailing" and I remember Bomi saying somewhere that it was really scary that on the night itself, she slept with her haha. I'll try to update more frequently from now on~

P.S (I'll be updating other Apink Diary chapters that I have left untouched over the past year in 2016, stay tuned for regular updates!)