No more tomorrow

Endless Rainy Days

A/N: Please enjoy this second update. I made the update a page shorter because unlike the 10 year old JunSeung that ended early. This 17 year old JunSeung will be a lot to focus on. I suggest you listen to Tablo's Tomorrow. :)

 

 

Baby there’s no no no no more tomorrow.
Till you come back;
Everyday is ‘yesterday’.

Junhyung, can you hear me now? Well, I remember telling you that I kept a secret from you. You insisted to ask for that secret. I said I was joking, but you said you knew me too well. You said that you’re my best friend, and that you know when I’m lying.

Do you know how happy you made me when you said that? It was like I won a date to the ball. But it was just you, telling me how important I am to you. I made it seems like I won my first love over. Ironic isn’t it? That person is you.

You know, sometimes I wonder to myself. What if I told you about my sickness at that time? When we were 17? How would you respond to it? I bet you would freak out, and get overprotective about me, won’t you Junhyung?

Maybe if I had told you that moment, you would care for me more than you care for Jiyeon now. Do you know how lucky she is? She still had a chance to be alive and to be with you. She just needed a donor.

But me, I don’t Junhyung. I don’t have a chance to keep being alive, because my tumor has spread through my brains and damaged my nerves system. That’s why I kept getting sick and faint. But the most important is that, I also won’t have the chance to be with you.

Even you said that Jiyeon is different than us. I really wanted to ask; how is she any different than me Junhyung? How am I luckier than her? You thought it all wrongly Junhyung. I’m not as lucky as she is. I envy her Junhyung.

She gained a chance to stay alive, but I don’t have that choice. It was like God has set disaster for my life. I was here to get hurt. She obtained your heart and all your love. I know I was lucky to have you for so many years in my life, but I still couldn’t have your heart. Not as a lover.

Do you still remember what happen when I left you during a basketball game at junior high? You freaked out and couldn’t play at all. You didn’t even score a goal after I left. I remember you running around the school looking for me.

Nowadays when I said I’m busy and had to leave you alone practicing basketball, you didn’t even stop me like you used to. You don’t whine like you always did. In fact, you didn’t mind if I wasn’t there on your games.

Then one day, when I was about to leave, I saw her. Right then and there, I realized that you found a replacement. Everything we did together, it was much better doing it with Jiyeon right? I don’t blame you Junhyung. In fact, I’m glad. When I’m gone, I know you’ll be okay.

_*_

SEPTEMBER 2006

“Hyunseung! Jang Hyunseung!” Junhyung screamed from outside the house. He kept on yelling for his best friend’s name. Hyunseung realized that Junhyung is here to pick him up, so he stood from his seat and grabbed his bag in an instant.

Jaejoong tried to stop his son from running away, “Hyunseung honey! Say goodbye to your dad before you go.” Hyunseung looked at his mom and immediately rushed to kiss him. He walked towards his dad and kissed his cheek.

“Goodbye dad.” Hyunseung told his dad. Yunho nodded and smile, “Goodbye. Go, Junhyung’s waiting for you.” “Thanks dad.” Hyunseung grinned before running towards the door. On mornings like this, it was normal for Junhyung to be here at his home.

Ever since they became friends, Junhyung insisted on taking Hyunseung everywhere he goes. The two had been like twins or even a couple. It has been 7 years since they first became friends and things have changed so much.

Whenever they’re not playing their favorite game; basketball at the field, they would spend their time up on the tree house build by daddy Yun. Hyunseung and Junhyung were so close, nothing could separate them.

On days like this, Junhyung would probably already at Hyunseung’s house, picking the pretty boy up and go to school with his car. Mr. Yong bought a car for Junhyung last year when the boy turned 16.

Hyunseung knew about Junhyung’s family reputation in this town. When they first became friends, Junhyung’s father was so against it. Mr. Yong is nothing like Mrs. Yong, the woman who first helps Hyunseung at the orphanage home.

Mr. Yong always thinks about his reputation. He had tried to get rid of Hyunseung hundreds of time, but he always fail. Junhyung were very protective of his pretty friend. No one is allowed to be friends with his pretty Hyunseung.

At school, the two were like the school’s ultimate couple. Being in a town with a little number of citizens, it was so easy for people to assume that the two of them are gay. But Junhyung always got mad when people misunderstood them.

Deep in his heart, Hyunseung was hoping that all the teases made by people around them were actually true. But being friends with Junhyung is like going through a war. There’s always people that hate him and accuse him for using Junhyung. But it’s not like that.

Sometimes when Junhyung sits so close with him in restaurants across town, people always give him those nasty looks. For Hyunseung, being unwanted is a normal thing. But being rejected from Junhyung seems like crap for him. He doesn’t want that to happen.

On these days, rain always seems to be his best companion. He’s getting crazy just to think of ways to express his feelings; especially to Junhyung. Sometimes when it gets too hard for him, the rain always fell on the right moment. He would be out in the rain, until he stops crying.

At 17 years old, Hyunseung is old enough to know his preference. Yes, he’s in love with his own best friend. He loves his own friend that always seems to be so nice and so loving for him. Unlike his parents, Hyunseung isn’t the type to tell people how he feels.

That’s why he’s been keeping in his feelings for Junhyuung. He’s never been in love before so it makes things harder for him. But as time passes, Hyunseung not only have no courage to tell Junhyung, he also started to doubt himself to live longer for Junhyung.

Ever since he was 5, Hyunseung was diagnosed with dying disease. Back home in North Korea, there’s always war in his village. So a local representative asks for a moving clinic that could treat the locals’ sickness and give them accurate medicine supply.

One day, Hyunseung’s mom realized that her son has constantly faint from unknown reasons. They went to the moving clinic to ask for help. A doctor told her that this was an unusual sign for kids. He recommended her to take Hyunseung to the army’s hospital to get him check.

When they went there, Hyunseung’s mom thought it would be just bacteria virus. But what the doctor gain from the checkup was something that could rock her world. Because at 5 years of age, Hyunseung was told that he could only live before he’s in his twenties.

After that it will be over for him. He will only able to lived only a small portion of his life, before it ended when he reach 20 years of age. The tumor has spread in his brain, and it is growing fast. It was already too late to save him because he’s in his last stage.

But because he’s young, his body would be able to fortitude it, but only until he reaches 20 and then his body structure will start to change. After that, he’ll die. The little Hyunseung could only accept that he has to die at such young age.

When Hyunseung reaches 10 years of age, his mom tried to give him the best life that she could. And that best life would be in South Korea, away from the war. But her thoughts of giving her son the best life turned upside down, when she was killed.

Hyunseung was taken to South Korea and now he’s been adopted by mommy Jae and daddy Yun. It’s fascinating how they’re willing to take him, even though they’ve been secretly informed about Hyunseung’s disease.

But the two insist on taking the little boy into custody, because of how much Hyunseung resembles them. Hyunseung got Jaejoong’s doe eyes and radiant beauty that even a girl couldn’t compete. He got Yunho’s small lips and perfect nose. Hyunseung was perfect for them.

When Hyunseung falls in love with Junhyung, it wasn’t because his parents force him to be that way. It was because he sees how his parents love each other and he wanted a relationship that would shadow’s his parents perfect love story.

But for Hyunseung, being sick gets in the way of a perfect love story. Being sick also means that there will never be a happily ever after ending. Hyunseung wanted to be in love so badly, but what choice does he have? He’s almost dead.

He also got a grave waiting for him because of his condition. Being sick means that the world is over for him, he has no more chance in his lifetime, because he only have one. What should he do now? He has no control over his life. He always asked for help. He’s too weak.

Hyunseung gets sick in the stomach every time he dreamt of a time where Junhyung decided to ditch him. What would he do when that time really comes? He’s too weak to even ask him to stay. Hyunseung will never be in love, because he’s too weak to even ask to be loved.

At times like these, Hyunseung usually would ruffle his hair out in frustration, like he just did. He doesn’t know what to do if that time comes, so it’s better if he never thinks about it to actually happen. After that Junhyung would be concerned about him, just the way he wanted it.

Hyunseung looked over the empty field on his right side. He leaned his head against the window as the cool breeze sweep the grass away. Hyunseung ran his hand into his wet hair that didn’t get a chance to dry before he goes with Junhyung this morning. Then he sighed.

“What are you thinking?” Junhyung asked as he let down a hand from the steering wheel. Hyunseung turned to look at his friend. Then he smiled, “It’s nothing.” Junhyung instantly grabbed his left hand.

“Eh?” Hyunseung blinked. “You cannot lie to me Junhyung. I’m your best friend. I know you inside out.” Junhyung stated a true fact. By the time they were speaking about this, Junhyung’s car already entered the school’s parking lot.

Hyunseung just smile as he squeezed Junhyung’s hand, “Don’t worry. I’m just afraid about being in school after summer break. Well, not really a summer when we spent it in this rainy town.” They laughed on Hyunseung’s joke.

It’s the truth actually. In their town, summer is just like every other day of the year, raining and cold; except it’s less cold than the freezing winter. God only knows how they survived the freezing winter.

“It’s okay Seung, you know I got your back.” Junhyung assured Hyunseung. The pretty boy just nod. “Thanks Jun.” The two looked into each other’s eyes seriously before turned into normal teenagers again.

Hyunseung screamed as he got out from the car, “Race you till rooftop, smoky eyes!” Junhyung laughed and yelled, “Not if I get there first, doe eyes!” They both ran as Hyunseung was trying to push Junhyung from the side. Ah, such happy memories.

_*_

Junhyung dribbled the ball with full force; he got three men he had to go through to score the equalizer for his team. He eyed towards the side line to see if his lucky charm was there. And damn right the boy is there.

Hyunseung waved with so much enthusiasm towards Junhyung. He’s always there to support his best friend. Basically he’s there whenever Junhyung needed him. That means all the time. Hyunseung even joined dance lessons with Junhyung.

In the court, Junhyung is trying his hardest to score a goal. He couldn’t see any entrance so he glanced at Hyunseung one last time before throwing the ball from the outside ‘J’. And surprisingly, the ball went into the hoop.

“YAY!” the sound of screaming girls appeared out of the sudden. These girls just don’t get it. Junhyung has made himself clear that he will never date any girl that Hyunseung doesn’t approve. Considering the fact they always pick a fight with Hyunseung, Junhyung make sure to annoy the hell out of these es.

The game went on again and each time Junhyung wanted to make a try on scoring, he would glance at Hyunseung. Guess that boy is his lucky charm, isn’t he? His team eventually ends up leading up till the last 3 minutes of the game.

When he was trying to score a goal, Junhyung missed out on glancing at Hyunseung. The ball he threw end up bouncing off the hoop and went straight into the air out of the basketball court. Junhyung found himself lying down as another player hit him unconsciously.

Blood started dripping off his left arm as the wound gets bigger by the time he pressed his hand to the wounds. Junhyung wonder what had gone wrong until he end up getting injured. His friends were trying to assure his condition when he realized something; his friend.

Junhyung looked up from checking his wound and lingered his eyes around the side line. Then it hit him that Hyunseung wasn’t around the basketball court anymore. Fear started to enter his nerve systems.

Instead of worrying about his injured arm, Junhyung went hysteric at the sight without Hyunseung. What happen to his best friend? Standing up from where he fell, Junhyung felt everyone stare on him as he tried to look for one important person.

“Hyunseung ah!” Junhyung yelled. Echoes reflected back in the small basketball gymnasium. With tormented feelings, Junhyung walked out of the court away from the game that doesn’t even end yet.

 Junhyung is already outside the gymnasium as he wondered around searching for his best friend. Hyunseung is nowhere in sight; so the frightened Junhyung went berserk searching him around the school.

What worried Junhyung the most is that most girls has often attack Hyunseung for the past years so what really mattered is that if the girl had thought of doing it again. Running around the school, Junhyung searched everywhere for Hyunseung.

Finally he walked to the back of the gymnasium where players usually hang out before or after any games. At the back of the gymnasium, there’s a vending machine that sells cold drinks. Walking towards the machine, Junhyung noticed a familiar person.

“Hyunseung?” Junhyung whispered. The boy looked up from the vending machine and smile as he waved with two bottles of orange juice in his hand. “Ah Junhyung ah! Did you win the game? Sorry I got thirsty. Hey look, I bought one for you too!”

Junhyung could only sigh with the way his best friend acted. He really looked like a little 10 year old boy. He hasn’t changed much since the first time they met. Junhyung smiled to himself and Hyunseung. He doesn’t even care about the wound on his arm anymore

_*_

Junhyung, can I ask you something? It’s just one simple question. And you don’t have to answer me now. Well, in the future, if I went missing like I did on the basketball game, would you ever think that maybe I’m gone for real?

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR

I hope that you will undertand the story better with this chapter. Well, I'm really sorry I didnt update as fast as other authors and as fast as my other stories. With this story, I really want to take time to make it the best because this story related to me a lot. I hope you can comment on your thoughts of my update. Please enjoy this update!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL B2UTY AND LOVERS OUT THERE.

Happy holidays :)