The one that got away

Endless Rainy Days

A/N: Sorry for the wait. Here's the update for you. If you're curious about my disappearance, please do read the author note below. This chapter is not sad; but it I think it will make you cry. It's a bit of a bittersweet. It's up on how you interpret the story for this chapter. Here's the theme song for this chapter, hope you'll listen along.

Katy perry - The one that got away

This chapter is dedicated to those who wait for me and my lovely unnie, Lil7462 <3 And also for the creator of my poster and background, the wonderful purplesashiin <3

 

 

 

 

 

In another life, I would be your girl
we’d keep all our promises be us against the world.
In another life, I would make you stay
so I won’t have to say you were the one that got away.

Junhyung ah… I don’t know how to say this, but lately, I realized one thing; one thing that may drift us apart. I don’t know if you remember but I do. The truth is I hate seeing her around. I hate her for coming into my life; into our life.

Before this, you were all over me. We get along just fine. But then you started to ditch me; leaving me behind alone. I wanted to hate you, but you kept coming back and ask for forgiveness. How can I ever refuse you?

We never fought back then. You always allow me to win, to take control, as long as I’m not hurting myself. Now, all we do is argue. I couldn’t grasp the situation in my hand whenever we fought. I wanted to yell at you for your blindness. But it’s not your fault you love her.

I couldn’t do anything now. Every time we got into a fight, you would always beg for forgiveness. I get tired of it. I don’t know what to do. If I didn’t forgive you, I would lose you. But if I forgive you, you will slip away within my reach, thinking I’m okay with your interest towards her.

Do you still remember? Once, you yelled at me and I could never forget those words you said. You wished I was never your friend, because you don’t like the way I depended on you. I tried hard to hate you, but I couldn’t do it.

I made myself believe that you didn’t do it on purpose; that you were only kidding and wouldn’t possibly wish for something awful like that. But then again, you did say those words. And you made me believe it was all true.

I honestly thought of suicide at that time, but then you came back and you said you’re sorry. At that time, I hate you for making me confuse. I don’t know what to believe. You, Yong Junhyung, have the ultimate power of confusing me.

There was one time worse than that. It was the day when you told me you’re in love with her; it literally killed me. I was really miserable. I don’t know what I should do to make you realize that I loved you longer than any other people in this world.

Junhyung ah, I only ask for one chance for you to realize it was me all along. If you could only wait for a moment, you would know it by now. One day when I’m gone, it will be hard knowing that I never got the chance to tell you how I feel.

Remember when we used to talk about the future? All along I knew there’ll be no future for us, but I keep waiting for it. I thought that if we get along just fine, I would tell you how I feel right before I’m gone forever.

I regret that we talked about our future; as if I had any clue how it would be. I never planned that one day, I’d be losing you. In another life, I would make you stay. So you wouldn’t be the one that got away.

_*_

January 2007

Hyunseung had Junhyung’s hand wrapped around his. The boy squeezed Hyunseung’s hand frequently to keep him from the cold. They walked down the road as if life would surpass them. It was those happy moments Hyunseung used to remind himself about.

Junhyung grabbed Hyunseung’s shoulder and let him slid into his embrace as they walked down the road. Hyunseung giggled softly. “Why are you so touchy Junhyung ah?” asked Hyunseung as he buried himself under Junhyung’s neck and let him lead the way.

“I don’t know. I like holding you. You’re so warm.” Junhyung answered. He pecked Hyunseng’s head and continues walking. They walked around the cold area in the village and nothing seems to be entertaining enough to stop by.

The two always do these kinds of things. Just a day without any vehicle and they could walk around as much as they want. Sometimes they stopped by the road to see wild flowers and picked them up.

Junhyung don’t really mind having to walk around so much, if it’s okay with Hyunseung; it’s okay with him.  Besides, walking made him happy. They would discuss many things while walking. Sometimes, stories of their childhood would magically appear in their conversation.

“Junhyung ah,” Hyunseung soft voice pulled his thoughts away. “What is it Hyunseung?” he asked back, caressing Hyunseung’s back while answering. “Let’s play some fun games,” the doe eyes boy pouted.

“Do you want to walk to our hideout and play basketball at the court?” Junhyung asked. He thought it would be best playing something the two liked. “No,” Hyunseung pouted, “You’re a basketball player Jun. Of course you’ll win. It’ll be bored for me.”

“Okay then, where do you want to go princess?” Junhyung looked at Hyunseung, waiting for an answer. “I don’t know. But I want to play something fun that doesn’t involved competition or sports. I want to enjoy the game.”

Junhyung chuckled and smiled. “Nah, I’m just kidding. I already planned a game with tons of fun. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.” Hyunseung’s eyes lit up in excitement despite the freezing cold weather, “Really? Where is it Jun? Let’s go!”

“Alright, I’ll take you there.” Junhyung smiled seeing the reaction of his best friend. He grabbed the smaller boy into his embrace and started walking past the beautiful nature. It was freezing cold so Hyunseung buried himself deeper into Junhyung until he was wrapped under Junhyung’s windbreaker.

“Hyunseung ah, why are you snuggling too deep?” Junhyung asked jokingly. Hyunseung pouted and pulled back. “You don’t like me hugging you?” Junhyung’s eyes widen at Hyunseung’s comment, “No! Of course I do. Come here princess. Let me keep you warm.”

Junhyung pulled Hyunseung into a headlock. “NO!” Hyunseng yelled in a high pitched voice. He freed himself from the headlock and started running away from Junhyung. “Yah Hyunseung! You little brat… come here!”

They started running down the cold street. Junhyung finally caught up with Hyunseung’s speed and grabbed the smaller boy’s wrist. “Come on, let’s just stop playing and go.” Junhyung said. Hyunseung nodded and followed the bigger boy.

The weather was extremely cold so they both speed up their walk. A few minutes later, they reached a frozen lake. Hyunseung turned to Junhyung and lifted his eyebrows. “What’s this?” Junhyung then ruffled the smaller boy’s hair without replying.

He pulled both of them to step onto the frozen lake. “Junhyung ah, stop it. What if the surface cracked?” “Don’t worry, I ask my dad yesterday when he was inspecting the frozen rivers and lakes, he told me this place is the coldest and most frozen place in this village.”

“Are you sure? You know Jae umma hates it when I come home with wet clothes.” Hyunseung started to worry again. “I know, so don’t worry. You just hang on to me and we’ll skate together.” Junhyung gave an assuring smile.

“What? Skating?” Hyunseung started to panicked. His skating skills are the worst. He’s always worried of falling down on the hard ice or causes the ice to crack. “Don’t worry, I’ll hold you. Soon, you’ll be able to enjoy it as much as I do.”

“Aish, what’s up with you and sports? I thought you told me that this has nothing to do with any sports.” Hyunseung started pouting when Junhyung took out two pairs of skate shoes inside the bag that he’s been carrying since they went out.

“It’s not much of a sport when you enjoy it later Seungie ah.” Junhyung tried to persuade the smaller boy. He bends down so that his height would match Hyunseung. “Come on princess, play for me will ya?”

Hyunseung still wasn’t convinced of the safeness. He looked into Junhyung’s eyes and pouted, “Can I please not do it?” Junhyung inched closer to the smaller boy. They were breathing the same air, in and out.

Junhyung placed his lips directly on Hyunseung’s; touching them but not fully pressed on. He spoke with their lips touching one another. “Please princess? I promise I’ll hug you so tight that you won’t fall on your own. If you do fall, I’ll catch you so you’ll fall on me.”

Abruptly, Junhyung wrapped his hand around Hyunseung’s waist and pressed their touching lips into a real kiss. He deepens the kiss as Hyunseung began to give in. Junhyung forced himself harder onto Hyunseung and finally gain the entrance into Hyunseung’s mouth.

The pretty boy gasped as he felt Junhyung pressing on his lips needingly. As soon as he parts his lips, Junhyung’s tongue entered his mouth, around his carven and continues his tongue.

They both pulled apart for air after the long moments. Hyunseung opened his big doe eyes and pouted. “You always kiss me when you want to persuade me to do something. It’s not fair.” Junhyung chuckled as he hugged the smaller boy.

“It’s not my fault that you’re too girly. I even thought I was kissing a girl when we kissed.” Junhyung teased the smaller boy. “Yah! You were too manly for our age! A few years from now, I’ll be as big as you are!” Hyunseung pouted.

“Of course you will, princess.” Junhyung ruffled Hyunseung hair and pulled him into his embrace. “Now come on, let’s skate.” Hyunseung nodded and let Junhyung lead him. The bigger boy put on his skate shoes and looked at Hyunseung.

Hyunseung was confused. He didn’t know how to wear the shoes so he waited for Junhyung to finished wearing his. “Yah, why are you not wearing it?” asked Junhyung. “I don’t know how to.” Hyunseung pouted.

His answer made Junhyung chuckled softly. He knelt down and took the shoes for Hyunseung’s arm. He took off Hyunseung’s leather boots and put on the skating shoes. When he’s done, he looked up to face the smaller boy. “I should really call you princess from now on.”

Hyunseung smacked Junhyung’s head and pouted. “Ouch, that hurts Seungie!” Junhyung stood up to face the pretty boy. “You deserved it. You keep treating me as if I’m your girlfriend. I’m not even a girl and you call me princess!”

“Can’t I just pretend like you’re my girlfriend till I get one? You’re pretty for a boy. Plus, you’re too hot to be resist.” Junhyung smirked. “Oh? So now you want to use me as you temporary girlfriend? Then what? You’ll ditch me when you get a real girl?”

Hyunseung pouted and turned his head away. Junhyung chuckled to himself. He closed his distance with the pretty boy and whispered, “I don’t mind dating a boy as hot as you, you know.” Junhyung’s comment made him blushed and pushed Junhyung away.

“Let’s just skate already!” Hyunseung pouted again. Junhyung smiled and diligently lead Hyunseung by the hand to skate –or we should say by hugging the smaller boy in his arms. Junhyung pressed Hyunseung’s back against him and they started skating around the lake.

At first, Hyunseung was afraid but then when Junhyung started skating even faster, he enjoyed it too much. “Wohoo~ Junhyung ah, go faster!” Hyunseung screamed. Junhyung, who’s been hugging Hyunseung while skating, complied with the order.

“Anything you say princess,” he replied and went even faster. Hyunseung was glad that he’s inside Junhyung’s embrace or else he would fall and never enjoy the skating as much as he did right now.

The day went by pretty quickly and by the time the sunset arrived in their town, Hyunseung and Junhyung had finished skating. They’re walking hand in hand to their secret hideout to talk. The walk seems like forever though and when they arrived, it’s already night time.

Junhyung climbed up the tree first, followed by Hyunseung. They sat next to each other and smile. Hyunseung took this opportunity to lay his head on Junhyung’s shoulder. The bigger of the two smile as he took Hyunseung’s hand into his.

“Junhyung ah,” Hyunseung whispered. “Yes?” asked the latter. Hyunseung paused for a moment before asking the question. “If one day, you fall in love with someone; what would you do?” he turned his head to face Junhyung.

The bigger boy could only stare back into Hyunseung’s eyes and he caressed the smaller boy’s hair. “I don’t know. I never thought that way. All my life, I only have you and I never intend of changing the way it has been.”

“Are you saying that because of me, you never get to meet anyone you like?” Hyunseung hung his head low as he asked. Junhyung chuckled softly. “No, it’s not what I meant,” Junhyung paused and pulled Hyunseung into his arms.

He rest his chin on Hyunseung’s shoulder and face to face with the smaller boy, “I like spending time with you. Ever since you’re here, you made me happy. I don’t care what my father said about you and your family. You’re perfect the way you are.”

Junhyung smiled, “And the reason I never thought of getting a girl is because I already have you. What else would I need? You are a million times better than any relationship I would have. If I could Hyunseung, I’d rather fall in love with you.”

Hyunseung chuckled at the joke. He knew Junhyung only state that to comfort him. But nevertheless, it made him happy. He looked over at Junhyung who still rest his chin on Hyunseung’s shoulder.

“Junhyung ah,” Hyunseung started, “Promise me that if one day, you found your love; don’t hesitate because of me. I want to see you happy too.” Junhyung didn’t like hearing those words from Hyunseung, “But Hyunseung, you’re the reason why I’m happy.”

“Just promise me.” Hyunseung frowned. “Alright,” Junhyung gave in, “I promise.” Hearing the promise made Hyunseung felt relief. Even if it pains him to hear it, he knew that Junhyung would be happier that way.

“Junhyung, can I ask you one last question?” Junhyung nodded as an answer. “L-let’s just say; if o-one day, I… I d-died before y-you did. What… what would y-you d-do?” Hyunseung stuttered as he asked. He didn’t want to risk the fact of Junhyung knowing the truth.

“Hyunseung why are you asking me these type of questions? It’s like you’re leaving me. Are you moving away?” Junhyung asked worryingly. He pulled Hyunseung’s body closer to his and pressed their foreheads together.

“No Junhyung, I would never leave you. I’m just curious about all of these things, you know? Please answer me.” Hyunseung pouted. Junhyung sighed deeply before answering with a smile, “Well, I would build a huge staircase until it surpasses the sky and reach to heaven, and then I’ll bring you back to me.”

Hyunseung smiled happily upon hearing the answer. “I’m glad to hear that Junhyung.” The bigger boy replied with a smile and pecked Hyunseung’s lips. “You should know one thing Hyunseung; I would do anything to have you next to me.”

Junhyung then pressed their lips together in a soft kiss. There’s no tongue involved in the kiss. And it’s not one of those sloppy kisses they shared for fun; it’s just a sweet simple kiss, the kind that Hyunseung enjoyed most. After awhile, they both pulled back for some air.

A moment of silence fell upon them. Junhyung then pulled Hyunseung closer into his embrace and stayed like that until they fall asleep. Neither of them bothered to go back home. They feel better that way.

The time passes by as the two shared their warmth on the cold night. Somewhere in the middle of the night, Hyunseung woke up. He opened his eyes for a brief seconds before closing them back and snuggle deeper into Junhyung’s arms.

_*_

That moment was one of many that I wished would last forever. It never crossed my mind that you would easily dump me for a girl; simply because you always said it was impossible. But then it really happened.

I couldn’t blame you for it, because I made you promise me that. But it’s just that; you keep insisting that you wouldn’t want anybody else other than me. And when it turned out like this, I kept wondering if everything you have said were lies.

I don’t hate you though. I just wish that I wouldn’t have to say this. But Junhyung, you’re the one that got away. And I will regret it till the day I die.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR

Hello. I'm here. Sorry for making you wait for so long. I just want to explain to you about my disappearance. Last year, I found out that I have slip disc. It's a condition where my bones are slipping away from the straight line. And last month, I discover that I could lose my ability to walk. I was so depressed I even thought of quitting the stories I wrote. But in the end, I decided that i would face this strong and go on with my life. I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long.

And about the story, I decided to add Jiyeon in the next chapter. I hope you guys are ready for her entrance. I know some of you prefer that I focus on Junseung but I have to stick to the plot. Please do enjoy this Junseung update. From the next chapter onwards, you might feel that story progress to be more melodramatic and angst. Please stay tune for my work. I'll work harder to write a better chapter in the future. Thank you so much <3

Love, TimePleaseStop <3 SUBSCRIBE. ENJOY. and most importantly... COMMENT ><