Talking to the moon

Endless Rainy Days

Hello, sorry I took almost 4day for the first update. I was just having thoughts on how I would start this story. And it's no better start than Hyunseung right? Anyway, for the readers who waited for this first chapter, here you go. It's long you know, I took up 9 pages for this. Enjoy, and please comment.

Please listen to : Bruno Mars - Talking to the moon

 

 

Talking to the moon; trying to get to you
in hopes you’re on the other side;
talking to me too.

Junhyung, do you still remember this song? We listen to it on our 12th year anniversary of our friendship. It was just a few days ago. But time flies so fast. Ever since I saw you, I knew you were different than the rest. You’re perfect.

I was always not good enough. Maybe that’s why I fall for you; for your perfection. And I’m not brave enough, to tell you how I feel. Why did it have to be this way? Why must she come and took you away from me? I don’t remember wishing for a painful life.

You used to stand by me. But now you got her, and I’m left all alone. It made me thinking, if I could just say no to you at the first place, would I get hurt this bad? Would I want to die? Would I still be in love with you?

I’m dying Junhyung. Way before she did, way before you knew her. I’m already dying when I met you. Day by day I keep waiting for death to pick me up, but it never came. I used to ask you what you would do if I’m dead.

“Well, I’ll build a huge staircase until it surpasses the sky and reached to heaven, and then I’ll bring you back to me.” That was what you said a long time ago. If Jiyeon and I were dying and you had to choose one to save, would your answer still be me?

I can’t forget it. These days when you choose to hang with her instead of me, your answer always left pains in my heart. “She’s dying Hyunseung. I can hang with you when she gets better.” Do you know I’m dying too Junhyung? Unlike her, I’m not able to get better.

I want to tell you so bad. But every time I see you smile talking about her, I kept on wondering if you ever smile that way while talking about me. I guess I’m the only one who thinks that way, am I wrong?

At times like this, when I couldn’t have you, the only thing that made me better would be the past. Every time I want to get mad at you for leaving me for Jiyeon, I remind myself about how I’ve had you all my life. Maybe it’s already time to let you go Junhyung.

I had you with me for too long. I’m afraid if I have to go one day, I’m not able to let you go. I always remember our times together. But meeting you was the best memories I have. And that memory; I won’t be able to let go.

_*_

DECEMBER 1999

The 10 year old boy walked out from his room to talk to his father who apparently was having a meeting outside his room, near the living room. Junhyung sneaked behind the vase to listen to their conversation.

“What is it about the orphanage home?” he listened to his father’s voice.

Junhyung looked over to the other side of the living room and wait for someone to answer the question, “Well, the young boy from North Korea that migrated here a few days ago will be adopted.”

“Are you sure?” the chief town’s voice was rather shocked. “Yes, apparently the boy is ought to be adopted by the Jungs family.”Junhyung’s eyes widen in amazement. The Jungs are the newest addition in their town.

They came here last January. The couple who moved in here was apparently just 18 year old teenagers. One of the boys who came here was said to be a son of a very famous businessman.

“Well, the gay couple must definitely be out of their mind to adopt a 10 year old boy,” Mr. Yong laughed along with the other committee members. “Yes, imagine what will happen if the kid grew up like the gay couple?” another man speaks up.

Mr. Yong thought and chuckled, “God bless that kid but I am not letting my son Junhyung to befriend that kid.” “I don’t think Junhyung will be that stupid. I mean, he’s your son.” An old man laughed along when the others did.

Junhyung on the other hand are not very happy with his father’s action. He doesn’t like how his father discriminate people that are a little different than others. Carefully, Junhyung sneaked out behind the vase and went out to play with his bicycle.

As soon as he rides on his bike, Junhyung rushed around the town. Sometimes he would greet the elder citizens of the town. His hometown isn’t anything fancy like the big city in Seoul. In fact, Junhyung couldn’t ride around in his bicycle if he doesn’t wear at least two layers of clothes. It was that cold in his town.

Most people lived here is looking for privacy or forced to get exchange here. He knew about the gay couple that moved in their town. To be honest, people in the town talked a lot. Especially the fact they’re young and one of the boys is super rich.

Junhyung was wondering around the town when abruptly, he arrived in front of a new house. It was the Jungs house. Sometimes when he goes around the town, he doesn’t even have a clue where he’s going to. At times like this, he just wants to get away.

When you became the child of the town’s chief it means that there would be less people being your friends. Most of the children in this town hated Junhyung. While the elderly are kissing his just to be friends with his father.

Junhyung looked up from his thoughts and stumble upon a beautiful young kid in front of the gates, holding a remote control. He looked down on his feet and realized that the control car was near him. Happily, Junhyung picked up the car and walked towards the pretty kid.

“Is this yours?” Junhyung asked politely. The kid nodded and reached for the car. When the kid was about to turn away, Junhyung stopped the kid, “My name is Junhyung. What’s yours?” “Hyunseung,” the boy answered and turns to look at him again.

Junhyung chuckled by himself and smile towards the kid. “A girl’s name is Hyunseung?” The pretty kid frowned and actually answered him with a slight anger, “I’m not a girl. I’m a boy. And my name is Hyunseung.”

There was tension in the air for the two young 10 year old boys. Hyunseung looked at the stranger in front of him. The boy seems like an arrogant person the moment Hyunseung saw his face. But the thoughts change when the boy greeted Hyunseung friendly.

Hyunseung just migrated from North Korea. His mother was supposed to follow him here, but the officers who saved him said his mother was killed by a bad guy.

He was too young to even know what all that means so they brought him to this part of South Korea and put him in the town’s North District of Orphanage home so no North Korean officers would look for him at such cold rural area of town.

Ever since he was a kid, Hyunseung learned from his mother that we shouldn’t discriminate people no matter how different the person is. So when he was told that a boy couple wanted to adopt him, Hyunseung agreed.

Hyunseung was put at the orphanage home a few days before the couple would bring him to their home. Even though his time at the orphanage home is just for a few days, Hyunseung was already in loved with his nurse, Mrs. Yong.

Mrs. Yong was said to be the town chief’s wife. She’s also the same person that started the orphanage home for orphans that is looking for shelter. Mrs. Yong is a kind woman. Hyunseung has promised the woman he would always come to the home to visit her.

Hyunseung has a new mother now. His new mother is a man, but he’s okay with it. Jaejoong is like a mother/older brother he never had. Yunho on the other hand was his father, and he’s happy because he never had a father.

When Hyunseung met with his new family this morning at the orphanage home, he knew the other people in the town are talking bad about his new family, but Hyunseung doesn’t mind. He was happy that they actually want him.

His new parents asked him to call them mom and dad. He looked into their eyes to see if they’re sincere, and to him, they are sincere.

They brought him here, at this house and showed him his own room. They gave him toys to play with. And to 10 year old boy like him, toys are like a replacement for girlfriends. He enjoyed playing alone in the yard. But now, he met Junhyung.

He didn’t know if Junhyung would like him, or hate him because of his family. He didn’t know if the smoky eyed boy wanted to bully him like the other kids. Because to him, he just wanted some friends to play with.

Even a friend is enough.

“Hyunseung ah, you’re pretty. From now on, you have to be my best friend.” Junhyung said out of the blue. Then he walked to his bicycle and ride on it. Before he goes back home, he cycled towards Hyunseung and smile to the pretty boy.

Junhyung shuffled the boy’s hair and smiled sincerely. “Hyunseung ah, don’t worry. From now on, I will protect you; because you’re my best friend now.” Junhyung promised and ran away with his bicycle.

The blur Hyunseung looked at the silhouette of Junhyung that’s getting smaller as he goes further. Junhyung wanted to be his best friend? Hyunseung wondered a thousand thoughts at that moment.

However, he was glad he found a new friend. In fact, it was his first best friend. Hyunseung smile happily as he walks towards the gates to enter his new house. In his heat, he was jumping happily. He got himself a best friend. Mommy Jae will be so proud of him.

Words keep mumbling in Hyunseung’s mouth, “My best friend Junhyung.”

_*_

The very next day, Hyunseung was brought by his parents to the nearest elementary school at his place. He was very nervous as it was his first time to go to a school. Back in North Korea, his mother had to homeschooled him because of the war that’s been going on in his village.

The happy family took Yunho’s car to get there easier. Hyunseung took that chance to see around his town. The houses were set further apart from each other, in individual lands. Hyunseung realized that maybe people in this town aren’t so friendly.

When they reached the school, Hyunseung was hesitating to move from his seat. Mommy Jae and daddy Yun were already kneeling down at the opened door trying to persuade him to go out from the car.

Finally, after a long persuasion, Hyunseung agreed to move out from the car and go to school. All the way to office, he had his mommy Jae and daddy Yun by his side. The two could only chuckle watching their new son’s reaction towards other human beings.

Hyunseung had his eyes around and he saw the other students making fun of him and even stick out their tongue to scare him away. He almost gave up in wanting to fit in when he saw the look of teachers in his new school. They all hated his family.

After mommy Jae and daddy Yun finished signing him up, they had to go back home. It means Hyunseung had to be left alone. His parents assure him that he would have new friends soon, but as nice as it sound, he knew it’s impossible.

He watched his parents drove away and waved to his mommy Jae for one last time. Hyunseung was brought to a classroom and the teachers were already teaching. When he stepped inside the classroom, all eyes were on him.

At times like this, running away seems to be the best option. Hyunseung looked up at the teacher. Somehow, he doesn’t know how scary his face looks like right now. Hyunseung’s blank face made all the students refuse to sit with him.

“Come on, who wants to volunteer to be Hyunseung’s friend?” the teacher asks again. She seems to feel guilty for doing this. Suddenly, a hand rose up to offer a spot for him. Hyunseung had his eyes at the boy.

“Teacher, I would like to sit with Hyunseung.” A husky voice of a 10 year old boy speaks up. Hyunseung recognized that voice immediately. It was Junhyung’s for sure. Ever since he heard Junhyung spoke to him yesterday, Hyunseung couldn’t sleep.

Last night filled with Junhyung. His voice, his face, his smile and his promised rang every time Hyunseung wanted to close his eyes and fall asleep. He knew he’s too young to know what his uality prefers but last night seems like love to him.

The teacher held Hyunseung shoulder and walked him towards the empty spot next to Junhyung. She asked him to sit and he did. Hyunseung isn’t much of a speaker. He speaks when necessary. Sometimes, he just waits and does nothing.

Junhyung on the other hand, had other problems to take care of. He had promised the teacher before he enters the classroom right before Hyunseung did. He looked at Hyunseung who’s sitting next to him and frowned. How is he going to start their friendship?

_*_

A FEW HOURS AGO

“Junhyung, I know you’ve been in trouble lately. But since the others refused to help me, teacher needs to ask for your help. Can you help teacher?” Junhyung’s home room teacher asks for his help.

Being the trouble maker, Junhyung was known by his teachers to have no friends around him. Not that the others don’t want to be his friend, it’s just Junhyung who seems to always bully them and pushed them away.

He’s a real man who thinks that he needs no friend. The teachers all knew that. So when the teacher asks his help, Junhyung think it’s an opportunity to bully the person that dares to become his friend. He agreed to help the new student.

“Okay, teacher wants you to be his friend. His name is Hyunseung. He’s from North Korea and he had a problem. He needs a friend and since you are willing to help, please be his friend okay Junhyung?” the teacher asks.

Hearing the name, Junhyung froze. His pretty best friend is going to the same school with him? At that moment, he threw away all those thoughts of bullying Hyunseung and focused on being the best friend in the whole world for Hyunseung.

When he agreed once again, the teacher smiled happily. “Alright, Hyunseung will be in the class soon, why don’t you go back to class and wait for him. He might be lonely.” The teacher suggested. “Alright,” Junhyung answered and rushed back to class.

_*_

Its break time and Hyunseung is still in his classroom. He doesn’t know what to do with his money so he just waits till the others come back from the canteen. Hyunseung took out his food that mommy Jae made him this morning.

When he opens his lunchbox, he saw shadows of people standing in front of him. “Yah, what is this pink box? Are you a girl?” the gang grab his box and lift it up in the air. “Haha, he’s a pretty boy and looked like a girl.”

Hyunseung frowned to himself. He doesn’t like other people except mommy Jae and daddy Yun to call him pretty. “Don’t call me pretty, I’m a boy,” Hyunseung looked up. The gang in front of him laughed loudly. “Haha, he doesn’t just look like a girl but also act and speak like one.”

The other boy in front of him speaks, “Yah, are you like your gay parents? Do you want to be a girl? Haha, my mom said your parents are disgusting. I guess they taught you yesterday how to be a gay didn’t they?”

Hyunseung wanted to cry listening to the boys insulting his parents. They don’t know mommy Jae and daddy Yun. His parents love him and they also told him don’t judge people by their outside. Why the gang’s parents said his parents are bad? They’re not.

“Yah! What are doing to Hyunseung?” a husky voice came from behind them.

“! Let’s run away, it’s Junhyung!” the gang leader ran way leaving Hyunseung in his dust. Junhyung who managed to scare away the kids who’s been bullying Hyunseung walked towards his new friend to check if the boy is okay.

Standing next Hyunseung, Junhyung got speechless. He doesn’t know what to say, so instead he asked him. “Did they insult your new parents?” He asked something that maybe happened just now. People in this town are so discriminative that it’s so easy to predict their actions.

Hyunseung nodded and wonder how Junhyung would know that.

Taking a seat next to Hyunseung, he froze looking at the boy’s face. It’s so pretty, unlike the other girls in his town. Sometimes he wonders if people in North Korea looked individually unique like Hyunseung.

“Don’t listen to them; they’re just discriminative like the other people in this town. They couldn’t accept that your parents are special people because they found each other. They’re narrow minded people so you don’t need to care what they think of your family.”

Junhyung looked at Hyunseung next to him and sighed before he keeps adding, “My mom said that we’re not in a place to judge others. She said we shouldn’t discriminate others just because they’re a little different than us. So don’t mind them.”

Hyunseung froze listening to Junhyung’s words. He sounded just like his mother. Junhyung must be just like him. Hyunseung gazed into Junhyung’s eyes, trying to search for sincerity like his mommy Jae and daddy Yun’s eyes.

Junhyung couldn’t withstand the gaze of Hyunseung’s eyes so he rushed out from the room at once. His breathing was getting harder as he walked away from the pretty boy. And if you’re wondering if Hyunseung found the sincerity in Junhyung’s eyes, the answer is yes, he found it.

_*_

Junhyung was getting ready to ride his bicycle home when bunch of girls screaming his name. He gets tired of this treatment day by day. Sometimes he asks himself, as a 10 year old boy; does he look attractive enough for other girls his age?

After manage to push away all the girls surrounding him, and ignoring the rest of the boys glaring at him, Junhyung finally was able to set his bicycle on the road home. “Yong Junhyung,” a soft voice stood in front of his bicycle.

Junhyung groaned as he looked at his pedal. Why do all the girls have to stop him from going back home? Getting tired to be nice towards them, Junhyung yelled. “WHAT?!” he screamed at the person that’s blocking him.

When he looked up, he saw Hyunseung looking at him with a beautiful doe eyes and guilt suddenly flow throughout his blood. He just screamed at his new best friend. He felt like a stupid bastard. The pretty boy had his eyes widen and took a step back from Junhyung.

“Hyunseung ah,” he tried to talk to the boy but he’s too late. Hyunseung was already so quick taking step backwards before he turned around and run away from the guilty Junhyung. Junhyung was so shocked that he froze in his spot watching Hyunseung running away.

He looked around and him and saw people whispering. Junhyung suddenly set his foot on his pedal and began cycling. He chased Hyunseung and screamed the pretty boy’s name. “Hyunseung ah! Wait for me!”

The boy turned around to look at him but didn’t budge to stop running. Getting impatient, Junhyung speed up and managed to catch up with Hyunseung. He stopped his bicycle in front of the boy and they both panted from tiredness.

The two little boys were standing in a middle of a wide field in their hometown. It’s freezing cold even though the snows haven’t fall. Junhyung was getting impatient with the silent treatment so he stepped down from his bicycle and walked towards Hyunseung.

“Hyunseung ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t know it was you.” Junhyung started. He tried to look into Hyunseung’s eyes but the pretty boy kept wondering around his eyes, refusing to look at Junhyung. Getting frustrated, Junhyung pulled the boy’s hand causing their eyes to connect.

The pretty boy looked into Junhyung eyes again, giving him the deep stare. “Hyunseung ah, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. Please forgive me?” Searching for sincerity in the pleading eyes, Hyunseung moved his head and eyes away and nodded. “Alright,” he whispered.

Smiling happily, Junhyung asked his friend again. “Okay, what is it that you want to tell me earlier on?” Hyunseung blushed deeply and shook his head. “Oh come on, just tell me. What is it?” Junhyung searched for Hyunseung’s eyes once again.

He must admit, his new friend is different from the other girls and boys here in the town. Hyunseung had a very good impression to him. Even when he’s blushing, he doesn’t look like he’s pretending or faking it.

“Come on Hyunseung,” Junhyung encourage him. The boy looked up shyly and hesitated before he speaks. “Yong Junhyung,” the soft voice came from Hyunseung. “Yes?” Junhyung answered, looking forward for the words that are coming out from Hyunseung’s mouth.

Before answering, Hyunseung remembered the time when Junhyung smiled to him sincerely and gave him his toy back yesterday. He remembered when Junhyung offered to seat with him. He remembered Junhyung saving him from the bully.

“Yong Junhyung, you’re my best friend now.” Hyunseung said blushingly and walked away passing him. Junhyung turned his head to look at the boy who just agreed to him. He smiled so wide, knowing that Hyunseung would totally change his life.

_*_

I didn’t change your life Junhyung, it was you who change mine. If it’s not you, I would still be the weird pretty looking boy and the others would still hate me. If it’s not because of you, I won’t be able to know what love means.

If you didn’t be my friend, I don’t know how my life would turn out. Would it be better, or worse? Maybe only God knows the answer to that. I’ve had you enough Junhyung. I think if I lose you to Jiyeon, it would be okay. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy; even if I will die without you.

Until then, let me love you Junhyung. Let me remember what our friendship used to be. Let me tell the world how wonderful my life has been because of you. Because of you, I experienced true friendship, love and heartbreak. Because of you, I will die happy.

I will not shed tears when the day comes. So don’t cry when you had to let me go. From that moment onwards, I’ll be watching you from above. But until that day comes, I want tell them our story. You will let me do so, right Junhyung?

I want them to know, about this heart wrenching story of mine. Let me tell you too Junhyung, what it’s like being in love with someone, that until I die, I won’t be able to have him.

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR :

How was it? I hope I did catch your interest by showing you Hyunseung's painful burden. I know I'm hoping too much, but can you guys please just give me a comment. Everytime I open I would receive new subscribers but comments are important to me too. They give me motivation to work harder. Please comment. Anyway, I hope you enjoy.

May you all be bless with your true love. Much love, TimePleaseStop. Please enjoy, subscribe and comment ><