3. ASCII Art (Valentine's day Special chapter)

The Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Please do take note that there would be 3 povs on this chapter; Mostly it is Seulgi but Irene(Joohyun) and also Seulgi's cousin Sooyoung(Joy) also have here. There are no past event mentioned. This chapter sets on present time. More characters were being introduced on this chapter, if you are confused and lost, please don't hesitate to ask me. Comments also motivated me :) Still confused about the title of  this story? You'll find out soon. but for now, enjoy this chapter!

 

I really like Sooyoung's character here.

 

 

Day-3 (Before the Valentines day)

 

 

“What?!”

 

“Yes.”

 

“You what?!!”

 

“Oh my god Sooyoung, stop shouting will you?!” She flashed a glare at her grinning cousin before she threw her worn out body on the bed. She felt Sooyoung joined her and within  seconds Sooyoung face that was already inches away from her, startled her  “What the hell Sooyoung!” she screamed but ended up coughing when felt a hand grabbed her neck as Sooyoung was wildly grinning over her “Oh my god, this is happening now! Oh my god Seulgi! Seulgi!” she slapped it away and thanks to her strength because she succeeded getting out of her cousin’s grip. “Do you (*cough) want me (*cough) to die?” she complained as she tried to calm herself.

 

Her cousin only ignored her words by snorting at her and asked her excitedly, “So when? When’s the first date? Valentine's day is coming!” She only sighed before lying back on the soft mattress and shot her cousin with another question “When do you expect?”

 

“Well.. this Valentine's day!” She heard Sooyoung high pitch voice excitedly answered. She ignored her cousin and decided to focus on sleeping now but realized that her cousin doesn’t like to get ignored so she found her cousin kept asking her to the point she felt her body shaking while her cousin  saying “It’s on Valentine's day right?! Isn’t it! Right?! ISn’t it! Omg Seulgi! I’m right, right? Omg omg Seulgi! Say something! My cousin is finally dating again! Seulgi omg!”  and she swear to God  if Sooyoung wasn’t her cousin, she couldn’t just lie about the manga.

 

“Auntie! Sooyoung is planning to buy another volume of rated manga tomorrow!”

 

She felt her body stopped from shaking and within seconds she heard her Auntie screamed back,

 

“Sooyoung! Get down here!”



 

**

 

"WHAT?!!!" Her friends asked her in unison; shocked.

 

"Y-yeah. Me and Seulg-" Her words ended when a pair of hands gripped on her shoulders.

 

"Irene. What’s with the sudden date?" And before she could answer it, her another friend asked her in a serious tone and she knows that time this deal is a real deal for them, "It’’s Kang Seulgi right? and she nodded timidly on it. She heard sighs escaped on their lips.  She had to understand the meaning behind those sighs so she asked "W-why?"

 

The guy who named Jung hwan answered for that and she saw him pointing his mouth towards to her other guy friend who was sitting calmly on the couch. “Bogum likes her. Our Bogummie likes Seulgi”


 

**

 

D-2

 

She was walking calmly like what she used to one normal afternoon as class was taking a break when a familiar person suddenly called her name.

 

“Bae-sunbaenim!” She turned around only to find out a hoobae who was waving excitedly at her, just like how relatives used to wave each other when reunited. The hoobae flashed a grin-like smile at her. The hoobae was attractive and have a very cheerful aura, no doubt about that. And is familiar. Does she met her before?

 

She saw the girl excitedly walked towards her and without seconds the girl reached her, a hand was being offered to her. “My name’s Park Sooyoung. Seulgi’s cousin.”


 

Upon hearing the familiar name. She momentarily forgot the other name and spaced out.

 

“Hello? Earth to sunbae” She immediately snapped out from zoning out and accepted the handshake. They shook hands and she introduced herself “I’m Bae-”

 

“Bae Joohyun. I know you sunbae and apparently you are so lovestruck with my ert cousin.”

 

She blushed at the straightforwardness of the girl who introduced herself as Sooyoung and Seulgi’s cousin as she completely forgot the adjective the other girl used to describe .

 

“Anyway! Hehe” Sooyoung snapped her again at grinned. She looked at Sooyoung, eyes were a bit widen;a bit shocked; maybe because she never met any person who is as energetic and loud as Sooyoung.

 

“You can let go of my hand because I’m allergic to beautiful older creature hehe.”

 

Upon realizing she’s still gripping the other girl’s hand, she immediately draw it away and apologized right away. She wasn’t aware of that. “I’m s-sorry!”  Completely forgot the insulting words Sooyoung had shot at her.  

 

“Nonono. It’s okay sunbae. I’m just here to give my blessings.”

 

“Bblessings?”

 

“Blessings on you and my cousin first date!” She heard Sooyoung happily said then felt a continuous tapped on her (two or three of what she guess) before Sooyoung ran away from her. She felt her cheeks suddenly burning up and she doesn’t know why. Was it because of the mentioned date between her and Seulgi? or the realization that Sooyoung slapped her (which is a gesture she doesn’t want someone to do it to her) or because of the stares that were watching her. She didn’t know. Irene didn’t know why.



 

**

D-1

 

*tump

 

She immediately looked up only to find out a paper plane presence on her desk. She immediately folded it open and gritted her teeth when she read the content inside it

 

“Tomorrow is the “day” I can’t wait to see you to date again!- love Park Sooyoung”

 

Her head whipped back at the farthest left corner of the room and there was her cousin who was grinning like an idiot at her. She flashed a mocked smile at her cousin in which Sooyoung obediently smiled back idiotically at her.


 

She decided to ignore Sooyoung and focused her attention to the person who was boringly reporting something infront of the class.

 

*tump

 

It was it again. She closed her eyes tightly before she picked up the another paper plane dropped on the floor this time. She honestly doesn’t want to open it as she know it only means she’s riding her cousin’s way of teasing her, but the person whoever he is, is boring same goes on his report pushed for her taste so she opened the letter, even if it against on her will at the first place.

 

I already sent my blessings to sunbae yesterday

 

Her whipped her head back at Sooyoung.

 

Damn her cousin. For being energetic annoyingly supportive cousin.

 

Her hands picked up her pen and started to write something in the paper.

 

Don’t tell me you did!

 

After it was done, she doesn’t even make an effort to fold it back into plane form instead she crumpled it and immediately throw it right on her cousin place. She is a sharp shooter and when she focused her attention back to that someone who is reporting something at front of the class, a smirk was formed on her face when she heard her cousin yelped in pain.

 

After less than 10  seconds she felt something bumped on her again. It is amazing at how fast her cousin could reply to her. It could be her cousin’s talent. Without any wasting time, she opened the paper;

 

Like what I usually do hehe

 

That “hehe” at the end, she facepalmed herself, she knew the meaning behind it. The hehe means like of course!-I did it to her-of course I am Park Sooyoung! Buttslap for the win!

 

Wow Sooyoung. Do you know the meaning of secondhand embarrassment?

 

She crumpled the paper again and this time she even stood up and throw it with more force, aiming to end that annoying grin on her cousin’s face, bringing it back and burying it to hell. Unless Sooyoung is a Satan or a person who came up from hell, it’s no use. Wait. What is she thinking now?

 

The poor crumpled paper was already back in a fast speed and it was amazing her cousin penmanship is still good. Seriously amazing, that talent. Her cousin is amazing in different ways, involving annoying things.

 

I don’t know. Teach me.

 

No one wants to teach you

 

There is that one person who can't resist hehe

 

They were now just basically throwing the poor crumpled paper, gaining attention from their classmates and it is like a show now. They doesn’t care at all, anymore. Until for  the last time with a force as if Seulgi’s throwing a pitch, she threw the paper at her cousin’s place

 

And who is that dumb?

 

She saw Sooyoung smirk before throwing back the poor crumpled paper at her.

 

That one ert person, you

 

She clenched her jaw and stood up immediately. Ok fine! She didn’t even bother writing back  on that stupid poor crumpled paper anymore instead she hold a unbeatable gaze to her cousin that her cousin immediately accept her challenged, they held a competitive gaze for like seconds. Being defenseless and not aware of her action Sooyoung is, Seulgi immediately threw the crumpled paper right on Sooyoung’s face. It was a deadeye shot that made Sooyoung lose on their little battle and she heard the giggles around them. Of course right now, they were the center of attraction and stole the spotlight from that someone who is boringly reporting at the front of class. Who would want to hear the whole boring topic came from a boring person, anyway? Of course people would choose the battle, the most fun, the annoying little things!

 

Goodluck to her, now if her classmates don’t mind, somebody needs to get her the police or ambulance hotline right away or else better than that someone else needs to come quickly enough to help her avoid being a murder victim. Please.

 

The temperature suddenly rises up and became higher, as if measuring the rising anger in Sooyoung’s now sharp cutting gaze held on hers. She saw her cousin marched to her direction, making everything around her look like a place of hell. Now. Oh my god. Help!


 

**

 

D-day

 

Don’t mind the Park Sooyoung turned into devil that afternoon, Seulgi’s still alive and breathing. But today, she felt like not breathing because of course! it’s the day! The day where she would date Bae Joohyun- a senior, not really her type and far away from her ideals.

 

Cute, young, average height and pokemon-ish smile, Sooyoung wished Seulgi could just date a pokemon animal from Ash. But Sooyoung couldn’t said it out loud, same blood flocks together. Oh did she said it right? Let’s just say she also wants a pokemon from Ash. Whatever.

 

Now looking at her cousin who was clumsily fitting a dress on what to wear today, Sooyoung couldn’t help but to assist her cousin who seemed like living in a nutshell for years.

 

She helped Seulgi to button up that goddamn white blouse

 

“My god Seulgi. Could you please behave like a normal person today”

 

Seulgi glared at her; rolling up the sleeves before saying, “I’m normal, Sooyoung. I am stilloOW!” Seulgi choked when she tightened the button near the collar she’s doing now. She poker a smile “Of course you are normal. Look at you sweating already” But as if it’s a maternal love, she immediately wiped Seulgi’s sweat right away. “Now it’s done!” She ended and backed away, clapped her hand as they both look at the big mirror in front of them.

 

Her cousin’s Seulgi’s wearing a white blouse and a normal tight navy blueish jeans. Just very ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter