Better Days Ahead

Mechanical Love

The next day was just like the first in the morning. Amber had Krystal’s routine memorized and dodged everything thrown at her that morning. She was just as grumpy as before and had double the arm strength. Her aim was off and whatever she threw hit the bookshelf near her knocking everything off the top of it. Amber closed the door quickly and went to go help prepare breakfast.

Krystal came down still tired. Only Jessica was at the table this morning as their father had to go into work early that morning. He had whispered something to Jonghyun before leaving. He poured tea for both the sisters while Amber brought out biscuits and butter. Jessica waved both the servants out of the room for a private conversation with her sister. Jonghyun sat down in one of the chairs looking over at the other.

“So. Master told me to keep you from doing too much today. I’ve talked to Jessica and when you guys do go out to go somewhere where there is less water.” He mentioned as Amber stood still by the chair. “She said that they were probably going to go shopping in town.”

She nodded again as Krystal called them back in. Both shuffled in and stood at attention on one side of the table facing the girls. They had finished eating and were ready to start their day. “Okay so today we were planning to go shopping and come back before lunch. Afterwards the plan was for Krystal to go see Victoria and work on a paper. I will come back and then head out to work.” Jessica said standing up. Krystal followed and they shuffled out into the hall.

“You go ahead and head out with them. I can clean up here.” Jonghyun said with a smile slightly pushing Amber toward the door. She nodded and went to catch up with the girls. They had already gotten in the car and were waiting for her to catch up. They got quiet when Amber sat down in the front seat. Jessica told the driver the destination and they drove off.

Shopping was an interesting experience for Amber. She had never seen so many clothes. They came in all sizes and styles. She didn’t realized how many outfits one could have, since she only had what she was given. It was new and wonderful. She held many different materials of clothing for Krystal as she waited outside of a dressing room where the princess was trying them on. If she really liked the outfit she would walk out and ask Amber for an opinion. The AI honestly thought all the clothes that Krystal picked out looked good on her but Krystal said she was lying and just saying that because she had to.

It went pretty smoothly to say the least. Both the girls bought several shirts, skirts and accessories. Krystal was even kind enough to get Amber a shirt that she was looking at, which seemed out of character for the girl. Maybe she was trying to make up for the other day. Amber didn’t believe it was the girls’ fault for had Amber been paying attention she wouldn’t have gotten into that mess. It was about noon when the sisters decided they were ready to head back for lunch.

Jonghyun had set up everything they needed for lunch and wow did Amber’s sensory chip ever heat up that much. There were cheeses, soups, bread and all sorts of small meat on the table. If Amber had the capacity to eat she would have wanted to try everything. Amber and Jonghyun took care of the girls during their lunch while they chatted about school and friends. After they finished Amber helped Jongyun clean up while Jessica went upstairs to change into clothes for work and Krystal held up in her room till Amber was done.

As soon as Amber was done she went up and knocked on Krystal’s door. A moment later she opened the door and shut it promptly behind her. Amber escorted her to the car then they drove off to Victoria’s house that was on the other side of town. This gave the AI a chance to look around the town more along the streets, through the alleyways and into little shops.

Krystal watched the girl in front of her and at all the wonder in her eyes. Jessica was right, she was a lot like their mother. There was a light in the girl that Krystal hadn’t seen the first day. She was beautiful and innocent.

The car rolled up to a smaller house where a girl was sitting out front on a patio. She was tall despite being seated with long black hair. Amber jumped out of the car and opened the back door for Krystal who stepped out and looked over to the other girl. “Hello Unnie.” The princess said as Amber shut the door and stood next to her.

“Krystal. It’s about time you showed up. Who’s your new friend?” the other girls asked standing up and walking over to them.

“This is Amber. She’s escorting me for the next few months.” Krystal replied coldly to the other girl who now stood in front of them.

“Interesting. Now lets get started.”