First Morning

Mechanical Love

That night the AI lay in bed looking at the ceiling of the new room. Though it didn’t need sleep it did need to recharge its batteries by hooking itself up to a plug but for some reason it couldn’t shut its eyes to start the process of charging. Something about today had struck it. The way the girl it was to serve talked. She didn’t look at it like it was a valuable metal being. She looked at it like it was like any other person. Maybe it was possible for the AI to trick people into thinking it was alive.

What also struck it was what she had called it. She had given it a pronoun. She. The AI had only ever been called it or robot not given a pronoun despite looking human. She was the first to give it a pronoun. The AI liked it. She. Her. That sounded right. That’s what it wanted to start using from then on.

Closing her eyes the AI received the charging sound and drifted into a sleep that computers would be in to save energy.

The next morning the internal alarm inside her went off and she got up and dressed like the scientist had shown her how to, in a nice suit to wear. After tying her shoes she left the building that was her new home to the building where Krystal was. Jonghyun had told her the schedule for the mornings and what she should look out for, as Krystal was apparently very violent in the morning. Amber thought she was prepared but as soon as she walked into the others room she was immediately hit in the head by a book resulting in a loud metal sound. “What the-“ the girl in the bed mumbled lifting her head to see what made that noise.

“Ma’am… its time to get up. Start your day.” Amber said loud enough for the girl to hear. She groaned and lay her head back down in the pillow. “Ma’am please you have a meeting at 10 that you must attend.”

“Ugh. FINE.” She said clearly annoyed before throwing another book at Amber. She thankfully had taken the previous experience and adapted to how she threw easily dodging the attack. Leaving the room quickly, Amber went to assist Jonghyun with preparing breakfast.

After half an hour Krystal emerged from her room looking rather gorgeous and sat down at the kitchen table where her father and older sister was sitting.  Amber had just met her that morning but she was a lot more pleasant than Krystal and was very polite. Jonghyun nodded at Amber and they both walked into the kitchen and reemerged with a plate of food for each person. Placing it down quietly on the table the other two thanked us but Krystal didn’t even lift her head.

“So honey what are your plans for today?” his grace asked Krystal not looking up from his newspaper. Her sister looked over and made eye contact with krystal before nodding.

“Jessica and I were planning to go into town for a little bit then I was going to go over to Victoria’s for school project.” Krystal said sipping a cup of coffee that Jonghyun had just handed her.

“That sounds nice. You should take Amber with you though. Keep’em busy.” He replied flipping the page of his newspaper. Krystal looked toward Amber and gave the most terrifying glare though Amber didn’t know what it meant she knew it wasn’t good.

“Why can’t she stay here and help Jonghyun?” Krystal asked not taking her eyes off of Amber.

“Because I had it come here just for you. They needs experience in the work field and who better than you to break it in.” He said finally looking up at her as she tore her eyes away from Amber.

“Fine.” She muttered under her breath before picking up the biscuit on her plate and bringing it to .