Revelation

Mechanical Love

It was late in the afternoon when Krystal woke up for the first time in a long time without a hangover after a party like that. Everything form that night was still vague in her memory but one thing did stand out. She had, in fact kissed Amber. From what she remembered the other didn’t hesitate after the initial kiss. Maybe Amber liked her too? She was too tired for her to be thinking about these things and rolled back over to go to sleep.

Unfortunately Jessica had walked in making loud noises to make sure she was up. “Rise and shine Krystal. We gotta get going,” the older girl said as Krystal groaned.

“Where are we going?” She asked dragging herself out of bed.

 

“We are making food tonight for once. We’re going to the store to get ingredients.”

 

“Why can’t Jonghyun and Amber make food?” Krystal mumbled loud enough for her sister to hear.

“Jonghyun has accompanied Amber to go see her father for the weekend. So we are on our own for tonight.” She replied before heading back out of the room.

They would be alone. She could sort out her thoughts then.

 

Jonghyun and Amber had gone back to the scientist after receiving an email to come back to get an update. Amber was hesitant at first to go by herself but Jonghyun had said he would go with her so she wouldn’t be alone. The drive there didn’t take as long as the last one yet she dreaded every minute of it. When they arrived the scientist urged them in quickly. “I’ve just coded self defense and I think you could use it as well as more memory space.”

Thankfully Amber was turned off for most of the procedures that the scientist did. Everything went pretty smoothly this time since she didn’t say much. It was nightfall when they left to head back. “It wasn’t too bad this time.” Jonghyun said and Amber nodded in reply. Something was off about the night there was smoke coming from where the house was.

“Jonghyun. Something’s happened at the house.” Amber said pointing toward the smoke.

“Hell.” He grumbled and sped up racing through the property to the house. As the house came into view they saw many flames engulfing the building. Both of them jumped out of the car and saw Jessica. She was standing looking around when she spotted the other two she yelled, “Krystal is still in there!” Without another word Amber ran into the burning building. The fire was hot against her silicone skin and metal body but she needed to find Krystal. She shouted her name but no one answered. Running into the dining room she looked around hoping for anything. She heard a cough coming from the kitchen and she dashed toward it. There was Krystal on the floor coughing with smoke in her lungs.

“Krystal!” Amber shouted making her way over. She pulled the other up to her feet and tried to walk her to safety but Krystal stumbled over her feet. Amber pulled the girl into the bridal style carry and ran her out of the burning building to where her sister wait anxiously.

“Oh thank god.” Jessica sighed in relief as Amber emerged with Krystal at the same time as the fire trucks showed up. Amber set Krystal down by her sister and made sure she was all right she looked terrified.

“Amber what’s wrong with your face?” Krystal asked scared. Amber was confused by what she meant but she saw in the reflection of her eyes that part of her skin had melted off revealing her metal interior. Just then their father’s car pulled up.

“. Amber run. Go hide. I’ll stall him.” Jonghyun said running to the car.

“Krystal, don’t say anything to him please.” Amber begged but Jessica pushed her toward the woods.

“Run you idiot.”