Fixation

Mechanical Love

“So you don’t plan to tell your father that you know and in return you want me to let Amber stay there with you?” The scientist asked to reconfirm the plan of action the girl had said.

“Exactly. In another month she would have had to come back and I’ve grown quiet attached to her. So is it a deal?” Krystal stated holding out her had across the table. The scientist thought for a moment before sighing and taking her hand.

“It’s a deal.”

 

The next hour Amber spent on the table she had been on earlier while the scientist put on a new face for her. She couldn’t believe that he had agreed to let her stay longer than planned. This meant more time with Krystal, more time with the people who cared about her. Krystal and Jonghyun sat in the chairs on the side of the wall watching her get her face put on. Krystal was surprisingly calm for everything that had just happened. The only thing she really did was cough since the smoke was still in her lungs.

When the scientist finally finished Amber was a brand new person her face was fully reconstructed and looked like nothing had even happened. “I’m impressed with your work.” Krystal said walking over to Amber.

“You swear you wont tell him what you saw here tonight?” the scientist asked a little unsteady. Krystal nodded and led Amber out to the car while jonghyun thanked the scientist.

“Now when we get back your father will be worried and demand to know where we have been. Jessica texted me and said that she told him that we have been by the beach. He is upset that we were not home at the time so be prepared to be reprimanded.” Jonghyun warned starting the car and pulling out.

“well I will tell him that-“ Krystal started before Jonghyun slammed on the breaks and turned around in his seat.

“you will not say a word to him. As far as he knows we have only been to Amber’s “fathers house”. He will not know of you being anywhere near this place.”

“fine fine.” She muttered letting Jonghyun start again along the road and back toward home.

Amber thought to herself what had she gotten Krystal into? She is a robot and Krystal was a human. Their time together was almost up she needed to do something. What would her father make her do after the last month? Hopefully she could stay and serve the family and Krystal longer than that.

Jonghyun pulled up to the house and waiting for them was Krystal’s father. He stood in front of a semi burnt opening to the house. Where. Have. You. Been.” Her father growled at us not even forming a question. ‘Krystal. Go wait with your sister in the backyard.” Krystal was about to say something but remembered Jonghyun’s words before heading to the back of the house. Jonghyun stood next to Amber preparing for the worst chewout in the world. “What the hell guys. I go away for a couple days and suddenly my house is on fire!” he shouted at both the servants. “You should be lucky I don’t fire you Jonghyun. This is one of the biggest mistakes of your life! I should have you thrown off property to never be able to get a job again but you have been a good servant to me so I will not do that but you will not be getting your paycheck this month. Now go. Look after my daughters while I talk to Amber.”

Jonghyun bowed and scurried off to the backyard giving a sympathetic look to Amber who was ready for the blow. “As for you. You’ve been doing good up to this point would for you to mess up everything you’ve worked towards on the last leg. For something as stupid as this I should have you scrapped no if ands or buts. I don’t even care that Krystal didn’t find out you’ve caused enough damage to this place as it is. I’ve called your father and we will all have a meeting here tomorrow morning to discuss your fate. Now get out of my sight before I decide to call it now. Don’t go near my daughters or my home you are confined to your living quarters till I say.”

Amber bowed before heading off to where she lived. What would happen? Tomorrow is the deciding factor on what would happen to her and from the sounds of it the decision was not in her favor. She lay on her bed for at least an hour without closing her eyes just looking up at the ceiling. She was not charging and had no desire to at the moment. She was contemplating her future and what would happen if she were destroyed. Would she feel pain? Would she feel anything? She didn’t know but the unknowable terrified her.