XXVIII

Bad

Here's some Jaemin moments for you luvly shippers out thurr :3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyomin pulled herself together after the little chat she had with her mum. She can't have everything. And what she had was pretty good. Hyomin had a lot to look forward to. Everything was just fine.

So when she looked up to see Jaejoong finally in front of her, Hyomin couldn't account for the happiness she felt, along with the shock.

His face had a little more colour to it, his brown eyes wild against his skin. Hyomin couldn't help the broad smile reaching over her face. How could she have ever thought he looked weird?

"You came!" She said stupidly. "How did you--?"

"Ssh." Jaejoong put his finger to her lips. "I can't stay long ..." His eyes ran over her face. "I'm sorry I haven't been here ... I was ... I saw things. I didn't know what to ..." He hesitated, looking anxious. "But I couldn't stay away any longer. I had to see you."

She wasn't really listening to what he was saying. All she could think was that she knew he wouldn't abandon her. Deep down Hyomin knew he'd come back. Everything was going to be all right.

She grinned stupidly at him, ignoring his serious expression.

"I'm so glad to see you," She said. "I've missed you more than I ever thought--"

He put his hand on her arm and it felt ominous. "I came to warn you."

"Jaejoong, what is it? Has something happened?"

"Listen, Hyomin," he said firmly. "I have been seeing things. Bad things. Things I can't make sense of, but I had to warn you."

Hyomin was starting to feel scared. "Warn me about what?"

Jaejoong's eyes darted about nervously. He sat awkwardly on her dad's bench, where Hyomin had come to get away from her confused feelings. Or sort them out. Or something.

"Joon," he said. "Joon is not good for you."

She frowned. "You've been getting more of those pictures in your head?"

Jaejoong nodded. "He's just not what he seems, Hyomin. There's something not right about what he's saying to you ... I don't know why, but I have this feeling he is going to hurt you."

Hyomin stared at him for a few seconds before the smile returned to her face.

"Come on... This is a joke, right?"

"I tried to speak to you yesterday ... I thought you could hear me ..." Jaejoong held her gaze. "I know you could hear me."

"I heard you ..." She recalled Jaejoong's words the day before. "You're serious, aren't you?"

He looked right into her eyes. "I hope not. But I hardly ever get premonitions--"

"Wait a minute," She interrupted him. "Premonitions?"

She realised she was glaring at him. As happy as she had been to see him when he arrived, her mood had changed. When did everything have to be so intense? Wasn't it enough that she was straddling two different worlds? That she had a boyfriend like a Greek god who was inexplicably devoted to her? Now here was Jaejoong, who had come into her life nd turned it upside down with his 'premonitions'.

Jaejoong didn't blink, though he did look distressed. Another thing that was bugging Hyomin. Why couldn't everyone just lighten up?

"Yes," he said firmly. "I first had them when I was about eight years old. When my parents turned in the Green Forest -- near the Water Path. My father was nerly killed by a renegade vampire. I was turning myself then, though my age meant I returned to human form quickly. I went back to our home and was thrown against the bedroom hall by a scream that ripped through my skull." He paused, for a breath, his eyes darkening at the memory. "Jonghun escaped, though he was badly wounded. He and SeungAh found me crouched under the bed, shaking."

"How awful," Hyomin said, inadequately. It was hard to know what to say.

"It's not a gift. It's more of a curse, except --- except when it can make a difference. I didn't tell you before, I hoped I'd got it wrong."

"You have got it wrong," She told him. "Joon's a little moody at times, but he would never hurt me."

"Are you sure about that?" Jaejoong watched her.

"Yes!" She threw up her hands, exasperated and angry. "This is starting to annoy me. I don't see you for weeks at a time, and then you turn up and decide to stir things up for me. Just so that I can't move on. You don't want me, but no one else can have me either." She shut her eyes and softened the tone of her voice. "I mean ... it's probably subconscious or something. You don't know you're doing it. But maybe that''s what's happening here"

"Is that what you think?" he said. "That I don't want--"

"Stop!" Hyomin put her palms over her face, covering her eyes. "Just leave me alone. I can't deal with this any more." Somewhere inside her felt bad about what she was saying, but she was tired of feeling confused about her and Jaejoong.

"This is a disaster," she heard him say.

"Jaejoong," Hyomin sighed, dropping her hands to look up at him. "I think it's time we both accepted that you and I can never have a normal relationship. It's all too weird, and dangerous and ... and I hate keeping secrets. I think we should just get on with our separate lives."

Hyomin held her breath.

"If that's what you want," he said softly. "Of course."

She nodded, turning away from him, too tired to know how she felt.

All she could hear was the beating of her heart as she waited for him to leave.

When Hyomin turned back two minutes later, a squirrel positioned itself in the middle of the path, chewing on something. And Jaejoong had gone.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know that feeling you get after you've said or done something that you can't take back? You feel scared but you feel a little bit euphoric. At first. But when the drama has died down, you just feel flat and regretful and you can't remember why you felt so strongly. And you wish you could take back your words and go back in time.

That's exactly what Hyomin felt the day Jaejoong disappeared. Or rather, the day she told him to go. She spent the rest of the afternoon in her bedroom, hating herself, feeling flat and empty. She fought against the guilt for a while, but then she began to panic. Was Jaejoong right? Maybe Joon was bad for her? The more Hyomin turned it over in her mind, the more she doubted she'd done the right thing.

She tried willing herself to Nissilum, shutting her eyes and saying it over and over. But nothing happened. Hyomin just had to wait until Jaejoong came back to her.

If he ever came back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the days that followed, Hyomin was subdued. Inside she felt wretched. She'd look around the table at her mother, father and Hwayoung, oblivious to the thoughts swirling in her head. Her mother would reprimand Hwayoung for leaving her vegetables, her dad would sheepishly thumb through a brochure called Timber World, forking food into his mouth. Nobody noticed Hyomin's glazed expression.

She took to taking the dog for long walks, up through the trees, hoping, she suppose, to bump into Jaejoong. She climbed right to the top once, and stood looking up rather than down, studying the moon as it sat, distant and bashful in the daylight, waiting to turn from a faded white silver to a glowing presence in the night sky.

Everything was back to normal it seemed. No more pale werewolf-boy.

Eventually Hyomin made up her mind. She needed to focus on Joon. She needed to forget all about the stuff with Jaejoong. It wasn't real, none of it. It never really had been. It was all just ... a phase.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyomin still dreamed of it at night though. Nissilum. One night she was back there and this time it was Changmin, not Jaejoong, who was waiting for her by the Water Path. He stood, hostile, with eyes narrowed and when she saw him, he got to his feet and walked towards her.

"He never wants to see you again," he told Hyomin, his eyes travelling across her face, not with any malice, but with a warning look. "You cannot come here again."

And then, as Hyomin moved to step past him, his hand reached out to stop her.

"You should have listened to him," he said then, though she didn't understand what he meant. "You will see."

And then he was gone and the trees were filled with eyes and faces. And beyond the trees, whispering bodies moving, watching.

Hyomin stepped back and felt one foot stepping into thin air. And she remember the water behind her. Panicking, she put one arm out to a smiling figure in front of her who reached to take it. But as the arm pulled her closer, Hyomin saw the white skin and tumbling dark hair and the ruby-red mouth.

"I'm so glad you're back," purred Narsha, digging a long black nail into her flesh. "I hope we can be friends."

Hyomin opened but her scream was silent and as she wrenched her arm away, Narsha's smile grew even more lascivious.

"Come again, dear," she whispered. "Jaejoong needs you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I came back. I found the way back, all by myself and I am writing this next to a curve in the river, waiting for you. I need to say goodbye and see you one more time. And I hope you will know where I am. I will wait for you. Remember, whatever happens, that I wish with all my heart I didn't have to choose. But I nearly lost my mother, and now that she is well again, I cannot leave her. It is a part duty, part love. But as for the other kind of love ... I willl never have anything as strong, as thrilling, as I have known with you.

If you don't come, I'll understand. But know that my heart is broken. I am leaving this book here because this is the last time I will come. I hope you will find it and read all that I have been thinking these past few weeks. My time with you has been the most beautiful dream -- that is how I will think of it, at least. Forever preserved in my memory as something precious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Well, i didn't say i would give you guise a happy moment :3

Ohohohoh. And let the action begins!

Comment & Subscribe! ♥