X.

Bad

Double update today, for my luvly unnie loveternallyou (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Enjoy!

 

Hyomin's POV

I arrived back exactly where I had left, lying at the base of a tree. I opened my eyes slowly to see a familiar dusting of snow over the winter leaves and sat up, stiffly. I looked up at the sky, wondering if I had fallen straight through the universe from Nissilum. Did it exist in the universe? I shook my head. It wouldn't help to analyse anything too much. None of it would make sense.

I imagined my mother had been pacing the kitchen for hours by now, worried witless about where I'd got to, but when I walked through the back door, she was standing doing the washing-up, humming softly. At the sound of my foosteps, she turned and smiled at me.

"Hello, darling. Nice walk?"

I looked up at the clock. It was eleven-thirty. I'd left my walk at a quarter to. I blinked. It wasn't possible ... Maybe time stands still in Nissilum.

"Bobby's in a strange mood." She peeled off her gloves and hung them over the tap. "Was he chasing after birds or something? He was all worked up."

I shrugged. "He was a little overexcited, that's all."

"Hmmm." She looked at me. "Lunch will be ready in an hour. And Hwayoung's over at Soyeon's house. Why don't you go into the living room and talk to Dad."

It wasn't a question, it was a sugar-coated order. Mum doesn't like company while she's cooking.

"Okay." I got up, ping my parka. "But I need to change first."

 

The living room door was closed as I went past to the stairs, and I heard a low voice and figured Dad was on the phone. In my bedroom, I quickly changed, putting on the first things I found on my chair.

As I pulled my fingers through my tangled hair, my eyes fell on the photograph sitting on top of my chest of drawers. It was of my parents, back when they were first married. Mum was wearing a full-length, blue, satiny dress, her dark hair curled up in a chignon at the back of her neck. She looked stunning.

I picked up the photograph and studied her face. I could see myself in her. My colouring and my eyes. I looked down at her dress, wondering if I'd ever look good in something so elegant and feminine. I shook my head. Would I ever make it to the Great Ball? Back on normal Earth, Nissilum and its tranquil, luscious beauty was fading already.

I replaced the photograph and opened the top drawer. There lay the notebook. Proof that Nissilum and Jaejoong existed. I took it out and put it under my pillow so I could read it later in bed.

I went downstairs and into the living room to find Joon sitting on the sofa with my dad. I blinked as Joon got quickly to his feet.

"Oh hi." I covered my nerves by doing a quick inspection of my clothing. Not too bad. Leggings, clean. T-shirt and a short black cardigan. "Um, what are you doing here?" I asked awkwardly.

After our evening the week before, Joon had told me he was going to be out of town with his dad for a while and that he'd call for me when he got back. I wasn'tsure he'd meant it at the time. I hadn't exactly been the most sophisticated company on our date. I'd practically bolted out of the car when he'd driven me home.

"I went for a drive." Joon said easily. He came over and kissed me softly on the cheek, his lips moving close to my ear as he whispered, "I wanted to see you."

I looked across at my dad, who didn't look like he'd heard, before allowing myself a shy smile.

"This is my dad." I said, stupidly.

"Yes, i know," said Joon smiling. "We've met." He looked unbelievably gorgeous in scruffy, faded jeans and a denim shirt. He ran a hand through his messy brown hair. "I was just asking your dad about his work. You didn't tell me he was a carpenter."

"Joon's done some woodwork out in Japan," said my father, handing Joon a bottle of soju. "I'd hire him in a heartbeat if I wasn't so stretched financially these days." He rubbed carefully at his neck. "I could do with the help while I'm getting over this injury."

"I did some work at a boatyard on weekends, for one of the wooden boatbuilders. I loved working with wood. Learned a lot too." He took a swig of soju. "One thing I'm going to miss back home." He shook his head. "I think I'm getting under my dad's feet. I need to find something to keep myself occupied." As he spoke he gave me a careful sideways look, his eyes smiling as he a drop of soju off his lips.

I thought the expression 'jelly legs' was made-up until I saw him do that.

I swallowed. "You could teach me to drive," I said without thinking. "I mean, if you're serious?"

"I am," he said, his eyes on mine. "And it would be my pleasure."

I glanced at Dad, hoping to God he hadn't noticed how I was acting, but he was busy rubbing Bobby's back, who'd come panting and friendly into the room.

"Oh, but I haven't got a car yet." I said, already trying to get out of it. "I'm not getting it till next year."

"Not a problem. When do you want to start?"

Dad nodded appreciatively at Joon. "No time like the present," he said, giving me a wink.

I opened my mouth, trying to think of another reason why I wasn't ready, but I couldn't come up with anything.

"After lunch," said Dad. He nodded at Joon. "You'll stay for lunch, young man? Minyoung always makes enough for five anyway."

"So I've heard," said Joon glancing at me. "Thank you. I'd like that, Mr Park."

"I'll inform the cook," said Dad jovially, walking through to the kitchen, leaving us alone together.

Joon looked me porperly up and down, grinning. "I hope you don't mind me just dropping by, but it was the only way to get to see you again."

I shrugged, but couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"You look so pretty," said Joon and, before I could say anything, moved closer to me, his hands brushing up my back, sending tiny electrical impulses up my spine. Then, resting his hand on my waist, he drew me gently towards him. I stayed rooted to the spot, wondering what to do with the sparks flying around my insides, but Joon seemed happy to do all the work.

"I couldn''t wait to see you again." he said softly. "i haven't stopped thinking about you. I really like you, Hyomin. You're different."

I turned slowly, not wanting to spoil the moment by saying or doing anything clumsy or stupid. But as I was grappling with this, Joon lifted his hand and  my jawline, stopping to raise my chin with one finger. He bent forward, bringing his lips to mine, and I felt the softness of his mouth as he kissed me. Gently at first, then more firmly as I tentively kissed him back. I moved my arms around his strong lean chest, my fingers traced the dips between his ribs, aware that the hunger I felt right now was most definitely not for food.

But the sound of the door opening broke the spell and Joon pullled swiftly away. We both looked to see Bobby in the doorway, gazing up at Joon with a kind of adoration.

"Well, the dog likes you," I managed to say, over the pounding of my heart. "So, you've got somebody's seal of approval."

"As long as I have yours," said Joon, pushing my hair off my face. "I don't care about anyone else."

"Lunch's ready!" came my mother's voice from the kitchen.

"You haven't met my mum properly yet." I whispered. "She's the real gatekeeper in this house."

Joon bent to give me one more soft kiss on the mouth. "No worries. The ladies love me." he said, pulling back with a grin. "You'll see."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww. Joon stole Hyomin's first kiss.

Shucks. Should have changed it to Jaejoong.

Comments! ♥

 

(OOC)

Hey guise. I'm having a giveaway on my blog. It's not a big deal. Just a mini giveaway.

For those who wanna take part, just click here! ♥