XX

Bad

Because i feel so bad for you JoonMin shippers, here's my "apology chapter"

Enjoy :3

--------------

Her dad's bench was covered with bits of branch and leaves. Hyomin brushed some aside and sank back, lifting up her legs and crossing them underneath her. She closed her eyes and felt a kind of damp, flat feeling in her heart. A familiar feeling she hadn't had for weeks. Ever since ... since she had met Jaejoong, Hyomin realised.

"I wish I could see you," she said aloud, keeping her eyes shut. Where was he? Why had he just ... left her?

A crunch, the sound of boots on leaves, made Hyomin's eyes snap open.

"And here I am," he said. Softly, sorrowfully.

Hyomin turned her head slowly to look at him. There was no mistaking the sinking of her heart.

"I ran all the way," said Joon, clearing a space on the bench to sit next to her. "What happened? One minute I saw you outside Fabio's. The next you'd disappeared."

Hyomin didn't speak at first. She didn't trust herself not to unleash a rant. But Joon was waiting, oblivious to her pointed silence.

"Hyomin?" He rubbed her shoulders but Hyomin shrugged him off rudely.

"Leave me alone," she said, before he was settled. "You've ruined everything. You and your sister."

"Will you let me explain?" he said cautiously.

Hyomin stared at him, shaking her head.

"Why?" She frowned. "Why did you invite her along? I said I forgave her. It doesn't mean I want anything to do with her."

"She invited herself along ..." he said calmly. "She's pretty forceful when she puts her mind to it."

Hyomin remembered how he'd looked with her. Relaxed. Playful. And his words. "Hyomin will be here soon."

"You like her," she said, turning her face away from him. "And that's okay. She's much more your kind of person. Sensitive. Shallow."

"Hyomin." His voice rose a notch. "You don't mean that. You know we're special, you and I. You really think I'm shallow?"

Hyomin fiddled with the lace on her trainer. "I have no idea who you are. You change ...." She hesitated. "Sometimes I see you and I don't like it ..."

He reached out and took her hand. "I just know how to handle people like Hyuna. Remember all those fake bumbos I told you about back home? I grew up with girls like Hyuna. I learned how to humour them."

Hyomin sniffed, her eyes still down on her trainers. "Well, you learned good, is all I can say. You sounded pretty convincing to me."

Silence.

"I want her to accept us," he said eventually, much more humbly. "She's one of those spoiled, demanding types. You of all people know that. My dad adores her. She wants to go out, I have to take her. She wants to act all girly and flirty, I have to humour her." He sighed. "I know it makes me sound like I've sold out. Like I'm not brave enough to be real with her. But I'm still the black sheep in our house. I need to prove to my dad that I'm grown up ...You are so important to me ... I'm just trying to huggle everything. Keep everybody happy ... you know?"

Hyomin felt ever so slightly bad. Maybe, just maybe, she had overreacted a little. Maybe he was trying to do the right thing. Play the long game.

But he wasn't completely off the hook. Not yet.

"The thing that gets to me," she said, "is that she's got her own way. Muscling in between us. It just seems like from now on it's going to be the three of us. I know her. I know exactly how she operates."

Joon shook his head. "I won't let that happen. In fact I have a plan ... I was going to tell you about it ... "

Hyomin kept her head down, waiting, as he cleared his throat.

"Let's go away somewhere, just the two of us ... Camping or something." He waited for her to respond, as she remained fascinated by her footwear. Eventually she lifted her head.

"Better bring a three-man tent," she told him dryly. "Just in case ..."

"Is that a roundabout way of accepting my offer?" A faint smile played on his lips.

Hyomin shrugged. "I don't know ... You always manage to make me feel ... ridiculous. Like i'm paranoid or something."

"You're very far from ridiculous," Joon said seriously. "Though you might be a teensy bit paranoid maybe ..." Hyomin could tell he was holding his breath, and she gave him what he wanted. A smile.

"Maybe next weekend." She sighed. "There's a spot on the other side of the mountain. My dad used to take us there when we were little. It'll be nice this time of the year."

"Great." Joon shuffled closer to her and put an arm tentatively around her shoulders. "I'm sorry I upset you."

"It's okay." Hyomin could feel her legs getting cramps and she uncrossed them, kicking at the ground. "Just keep her away from me."

"It will be done," he said, drawing her into him. "From now on, it's just you and me."

---------------------------------------------

 

Don't worry Jaemin shippers. Their time will come very soon :3

 

@loveternallyou i hope this chapter answers your question :B