Chp. 2

Have you ever come to a party?

The sun has set. The sky turning into deep orange and the wind blows the chill atmosphere. The moody boy and the sloth boy walking side by side, kicking pebbles and letting a heavy sighs.

 

It has been a very long day for Mingyu and maybe it will be a short night for Mingyu also.

The sloth boy juggling their water bottles that they brought along in case they got hungry. They will get hungry easily because they’re like a lion walking around in a field full of deer.

“You should stop doing it” protested Mingyu to the clown beside him. But he still continue doing it so; ignoring Mingyu’s nag.

“Why should I? It is fun” is the only respond he got.

“If you failed, our bottles will fall and our supply would be wasted just like that!” said Mingyu while taking his water bottle from Wonwoo’s grip before Wonwoo could continue his trick again.

 

Mingyu is right after all.  If the water bottles fall to the ground, the inside would be spilled on the ground and wasted. There will be no supplies and when they get thirsty, they will attack random people around them.

 

But human nowadays are crazy. They didn’t feel scared anymore with vampire, they always go ‘vampire is always exist in story book’ ‘what childish thought’ ‘what is vampire’. And if they did found out that there are 2 vampires near them. They will kidnap the 2 dumb vampires, take a picture, post it all over the internet, and earn money.

 

“HELP!! I’M ROBBED! SOMEBODY HELP!” a girly scream wake Mingyu’s sense up; making the tall guy stop walking and earning a questioning look from his brother.

Mingyu widened his eyes into a big golf ball and hysterically shaking his hyung’s shoulders.

“Hyung! There’s a girl in danger right now! Go help her! Move like lighting and punch the robber’s ! Just like how Edward Cullen did to save Bella from the hella truck!!”

“Yes, Mingyu. You’re right there’s a girl is in danger. BUT IF WE GO THERE SHE WILL BE IN MORE DANGER!” Wonwoo snapped at Mingyu.  He brushed off Mingyu’s hand from his shoulders

“Anyway, I can’t move as fast as Edward Cullen. I wished that I have that strong reflex on my body also, but I don’t have it since I’m lazy to move my body. And Mingyu, I swear to god you should stop watch too much movi- WHAT THE FORK KIM MINGYU WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!” Wonwoo turn around to find Mingyu but he’s nowhere in sight. When he spotted him, he already run as fast as he can to the voice’s source.

Wonwoo grunted and chase him over. Not to help the girl but Mingyu might the robber’s neck instead of punching the robber’s .

 

Mingyu arrives first and quickly grab the robber’s shoulders and punch him to the ground. Taking back the purse and throw it back to the shocked girl’s hand.

The robber trying to fight back at him but Mingyu quickly hold him. The rubber struggling to get up, he use his foot to kick Mingyu on the stomach. Mingyu fall down to the ground and hold his stomach.

 

Let’s not forget that Mingyu is not in a good mood to play around. The robber’s acts just turn him into a different level. He groaned and clutched the robber’s neck. From this close gap, Mingyu could smell the robber’s blood and feel how fast the blood in his vein moving. The pupil that once black now turned into a red pupil and his fangs come out slowly.

Seeing this, the robber gets scared when Mingyu lean closer inch by inch to his neck.

 

“Jaaa~ It looks like my dog just mistaken his master. Enough Mingyu, let him go” said Wonwoo while pulling Mingyu’s collar away from the robber. Mingyu stared at Wonwoo and Wonwoo give him a signal ‘the girl is over there’

The robber stared in shock and his face went pale. His finger pointed at Mingyu and he is trembling so hard.

“De—DEMON!” with that, he fainted.

Mingyu took off the bottle’s cap and gulp down the water hard. He took a deep breath and let it out along with his anger. The two of them ignoring the fainted robber. Wonwoo patting his back while whispering to him, “calm down boy. Good boy. Good boy”

“E-excuse me”

The two guys turn over, seeing the girl approaching them slowly with a weak smile.

Wonwoo giving the girl a look while Mingyu keep watching her movement, especially whenever she flips her hair and showing her delicious neck.

“Thank you for helping me out. I think I’m saying this isn’t enough yet. Umm… How to repay you back” the girl said nervously.

“Not a big problem. It was just coincidence that we were walking around here and hearing your scream. What are you doing at this time?” Wonwoo asked.

“I was on my way home from the store at the corner to buy something for emergency matter” the girl starched her arm nervously and Wonwoo nodded because he definitely know what thing she meant.

‘That’s why her blood smells so strong to me. Maybe it’s strong on Mingyu’s nose as well’ he thoughts and look at Mingyu. ‘Hang on you thirsty creature’.

“What are you guys doing here anyway?” she asked the two boys.

“We live few blocks from here and we just walking to find a fresh air because my brother here is having a very bad day. Glad that kicking someone’s helps him a bit. Right, Mingyu?” Wonwoo said while patting Mingyu’s shoulder.

The girl chuckles, “But I think he is not just kicking but he is choking that guy”

Good thing she doesn’t know that Mingyu was actually nearly drink the guy’s blood. What innocent human.

“O…oh right. He is just too controlled by his emotion. That’s all” Wonwoo said nervously.

 

“Where do you live? I’ll walk you home”

 

The two persons suddenly went quiet and the tension become so awkward. Wonwoo giving him this ‘are you serious’ look.

“I-I mean it’s not good for a girl to walk alone at this time. I’m just being a good guy here.” Mingyu explained.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea. I don’t want to be a burden” she said because she noticed the look from Wonwoo to Mingyu.

Mingyu know what she referring to, so Mingyu shifted his gaze to Wonwoo. Wonwoo completely understand what’s going on in his mind.

“No, it’s actually fine. Um… We insisted” Wonwoo said.

“Ah okay. But… What should we do with that guy over there?” she pointed to the still fainted robber.

“Nah just leave him there. Maybe a dog will eat him out until the bones left” said Mingyu. Earning a weird stare from the girl.

“nah. I’m just joking don’t take it serious. Let’s just get going now”

The three of them walk slowly. The tension is not that awkward anymore. Mingyu sometimes just lost in thoughts whenever the wind blowing the girl’s hair and revealing her neck again.

Maybe if he wasn’t a vampire, people might call it as Ragging Hormones Teenager. But the smell of her blood is just teasing Mingyu to death. If Wonwoo not there, Mingyu will jump at her and drink her blood.

After they arrive, they bid a goodbye to each other. The girl couldn’t stop herself thanking them. If Wonwoo not forcing her and shout at her to get inside, she would just stay outside and thanking them until morning comes.  

Mingyu and Wonwoo walk back home. Wonwoo caught Mingyu smirk victoriously to himself.

 

“I know what you thinking right now” Wonwoo said as he let out a tiny chuckle.

“Guess who just put a name on his invitation list?” Mingyu asked and grinning to himself.

“Yes, Mingyu. You did”

 

And the night went like that. Mingyu and Wonwoo head back home and giving each other fist bumps. Mingyu’s mood goes up with excitement by thinking of the upcoming party.