Chp. 1

Have you ever come to a party?

It’s another hot summer day. The day is too long; the night feels too short. The sun is shining furiously, seemingly happy at how much skin it’s roasting and how many eyes it’s burning.

 

 Enter the world of Kim Mingyu. He’s currently sitting in front of a fan. It’s to the highest speed, but still, it isn’t helping. It’s just too hot, and the AC has broken down. Talk about luck

“Wonwoo hyung. It’s so hot. Help me and make it night time already, please. You always told me you could control the skies.” Mingyu sighs.

The older didn’t budge and continued hibernating. Which, weird because it’s summer. Hibernation is supposed to take place during winter.

“Why don’t you go outside and complain to the sun yourself? I’m not your servant.” Is the reply he gets.

Mingyu also hears Wonwoo mumble something that sounded like “sloth”, but he can’t be too sure. All he could do was stare in disbelief at his hyung’s ignorance.

So, he walks out to the living room, because ‘Wonwoo hyung being an and I want to punch his face right now’.

 

   The view in the living room is a wonderful sight. Soonyoung and Seokmin, the resident anime fans are currently marathon-watching One Piece and Naruto. Jisoo strumming away at his guitars. Sweet honey boo Chan is fanboying and proclaiming his never-ending love for Michael Jackson.

They’re obviously busy, Mingyu thinks to himself, so he strides into the dining room. There, Seungkwan and Vernon are rap battling. But please, who can beat rap god Vernon? It’s obvious who the winner is. Minghao and Junhui are practicing their Korean. At least Mingyu can understand.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan are being annoying, naggy grandmas. And finally Jihoon, seemingly the only normal person around, is clicking away his PC composing something.

Now, dear reader. You might be wondering why this Kim Mingyu guy seems to hate the sun so much. The sun, in all its full shining glory, is the sun after all, and provides the energy which we humans need every day to live.

So why? Why does Mingyu hate the sun so much? Let me tell you the truth.

 

He’s a vampire. Actually, all the people previously mentioned are. They were all attacked by vampires, had all their blood out and replaced by vampire blood. Which explains why Mingyu’s being a hater to the sun. But then again it’s just Mingyu, really. Now they’re awake, they’re all starving.

Mingyu huffs, leaves back to the living room and flops down on the sofa. Soonyoung and Seokmin still have their eyes glued to the iPad screen and pay him no attention. They’re watching this Madara vs. Konoha thing and suddenly start squawking like a bunch of ahjummas bargaining at the market.

 

Not to mention that Mingyu’s already in a mood, and they’re just adding fuel to the fire by being annoying s.

 

“You two, shut the fork up!!” Mingyu bellows, startling everyone in the room. Upon hearing this, Seungcheol beckons for Seokmin to move over so he can sit next to Mingyu.

“What’s wrong boy?” Seungcheol questions. Always trust Seungcheol to confront anyone who’s having a hard time. He’s not proclaimed leader of their ‘tribe’ for nothing after all. “Throwing tantrum again young lad? What’s been on your mind lately?”

 

“Hyung, do something. We’re all starving to death, and you know it. If we all die then Tosun’s gonna be alone.”
 

Oh yeah, did I forget? Tosun is Mingyu’s pet rabbit, and he has an unhealthy addiction to the creature.

 

“We’re not technically starving, Mingyu- chingyu.” Minghao interjects. His Korean is really improving.

“Call me that again and I will end you.” Warn Mingyu to Minghao.

 

“Ok, sorry. Jisoos. Calm down, man. Are you on your period?”

“… Maybe. But that’s not my point. What I’m saying is I’m sick of the stuff we’re getting. Sick of the special meal we get on Halloween. It tastes like a TRASH. Note the emphasis on the word trash. I wanna do what a real vampire does, and hunt for blood. These blood bags from the hospital are killing me.”

 

Mingyu’s stomach suddenly rumbles, and he reveals his fangs.

 

“Slow down child, Halloween isn’t until 2 weeks later. But you do realized that I can’t guarantee you a good meal, right?” Seungcheol soothes.

“And stop grumbling, seriously. It’s bad for your health, being so negative. Now go and wake up that pig Jeon Wonwoo. We have to get ready.” He continues

“Hyung. No. I do NOT want to see his of a face.”

 

“You’re the Kim Mingyu.” Wonwoo earns himself a hard glare. “And what? Why? What do we have to get ready for?” he questions.

 

“Mingyu needs some fresh air. Let’s take him out for a walk.” Seungcheol answers.

 

“Hyung, I’m 18. I can go alone.” Protest Mingyu.

 

“NO. By the looks of it, you’re gonna kill someone if you go alone and f you did, there won’t be any party and we’ll be dead. You won’t things like that happen right?” said Seungcheol as he make his way to his room to get ready.

 

Mingyu still being that girl in their period days, frowning and internally cursing in his head.

 

Fork you hygiene blood bags.