The 3 Minute Marathon

Polar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Polar | Chapter Four 

Nari’s late night Skype call with her girlfriends back in the states lasted longer than expected- this girl fell asleep at four in the morning! Perhaps this was the reason for her crankiness when Kai’s alarm went off at the -crack of dawn? Nari jolted up at half past six in the morning abruptly when Big Bang’s BANG BANG BANG exploded through the dorm. Even the animals jumped. Kai shot up immediately and went skipping into the bathroom.

She squinted her eyes and watched as the lad spun into the kitchen. He turned the blender on and threw a few things into it- apples, cucumbers, lemons, spinach…ginger? Nari watched as he downed an entire blender of juice before heading out. “What in the world…” She shook it off and went back to sleep just to be disturbed an hour later.

When Kai entered the dorm again, oh she knew he exercised. Nari pulled the covers over her head. “Dude…you smell.”

Kai rolled his eyes. “Well I worked out; I’m obviously not going to smell like flowers and candy!”

She stole a peak from under the covers to see a half Kai cooling off by the counter. Jesus Christ…look at his back. She furrowed her brows. Wait, what? Is this the same idiot that drowned in bubble bath mix yesterday? How?

Nari wrinkled her nose. She wanted to be athletic too, she made the same resolutions every single year but they never seemed to work out, literally. She sat up in bed and grabbed her phone. “Cuddle buddy, I need your to be out on the football field in 20 minutes.”

“B-But…it’s like 8 AM in the morning…”

“Right?! What kind of lunatic has the will power to run this early in the morning?”

 

---

“You’re insane.”

Nari looked around. “Alright, let’s run a few laps around the field, no one’s here anyway.”

Chanyeol put his hands on his hip. “I’m a little out of shape right now,” He flexed his arms. “I do workout occasionally but I’m really soft.” He said sheepishly. “I’m that person who does 2 sit ups and expects a 6-pack to pop out.”

She chuckled and shook her head. “Let’s go.” Nari said as she took off.

 

The field suddenly seemed quiet after one lap; Nari stopped and took her headphones out of her ears. Where did he go? She turned around to see Chanyeol passed out on the grass in the middle of the football field. She snorted and threw her head back laughing. Nari looked at the time. “Chanyeol! It’s been 3 minutes!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter