Bubbles + Idiot = Kai

Polar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Polar | Chapter Three 

“Cuddle buddy, say ah!”

“Ah!”

Nari grinned and spooned a wonton into his mouth. “Isn’t that flipping amazing?!”

Chanyeol closed his eyes in bliss and held his hands over his chest. “This is it…this is all I lived for. I can die happy right now.” He exaggerated.

She laughed and grabbed a bowl. “Is it salty enough? Or too salty?”

The giant shook his head. “Perfect!”

 

Kai sunk into his bed and pulled his covers over his head. The house smelled amazing and he didn’t eat anything all day. But he could not succumb to Nari and Chanyeol’s tactics- Kai had told her that he believed solely in take-out and besides, his pride was very important. He peeked out from beneath and watched them slurp up the soup and the wontons.  Damn, that smells amazing.

 

Chanyeol put the dishes in the sink and grabbed his keys. “Dude, I know you’re drooling under there.” He said. “We’re going out…there’s extra in the pot if you want.”

“Where ya going?”

Nari turned around. “Grocery store.”

“Again?”

Chanyeol nodded. “We need plastic bags to store the frozen wontons.” He explained quickly.

 

Kai counted off in his head. 1…2…3…4- nope! He dashed out of bed and made a beeline towards the kitchen. I’ll try one. He looked around sheepishly before scooping a wonton out of the pot. How good can it be? He took a bite out of it and almost instantly, his knees felt weak. There was only one way anyone could get through to his heart and it was through his stomach. She can cook?! Kai gasped in disbelief. “What is this sorcery?” He whispered. “Amazing.”

 

I am so disappointed in myself. Kai sunk into his sheets again and eyed the empty pot that was in the sink. He scratched his head. What do I say if she asks me? He looked around and pointed. “Monggu! You ate it! You ate it all!” He said. “I only ate one…you ate the rest alright?!”

Even his dog turned away from him. My owner’s a loser.

 

He gasped when the front door turned.

“I’ll come tomorrow okay?”

“Mhm.”

“Night Nari!”

“Mm night, Chanyeol!”

 

Nari walked into the dorm and took her shoes off. “Did you eat yet?”

Kai shook his head. “Not hungry.”

She slid into the kitchen and raised an eyebrow. “If you didn’t eat…where did all the wontons go?”

“I dumped them.

Nari scoffed and shook her head as she went onto doing the dishes. What a crappy liar. She thought. The garbage can was empty and she could literally see the scrape marks on the bottom of the pan. “Where’d you dump them? Straight into your mouth?”

Kai snapped his fingers subconsciously. Did she just sass me?  

Nari turned the faucet off and went onto digging through her suitcase.

“What are you…”

She turned around. “I’m going to shower. What? Do you need me to explain that too?”

Kai rolled his eyes. “I was just asking.”

 

Her shower didn’t take long and normally when you use a bathroom for the first time, you think Nari would have some problems turning on the shower head but nope! Everything went well…until Kai went in there.

It was awfully silent for the first few minutes, and then you heard a quiet thud as if something small fell. Nari sat up in her bed. Max was by her side and Monggu was running around the dorm. If the animals were outside…what was going on in the bathroom?

She walked up to the door and knocked a few times. “Um…Kai? Everything alright?”

“Yes don’t come in.”

“But-“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter