Cuddle Buddy!

Polar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Polar | Chapter Two 

“What …is that?”

Nari furrowed her brows and backed away. “My cat! Her name is Max.”

Kai looked around the dorm before running into the bathroom. “Monggu you better not eat toilet paper again!” He mumbled. He came out of there with a brown poodle in his arms. “Uh…”

Nari wrinkled her nose. “This is not going to end well.” She said as she stared at him. While the pets eyed each other nonchalantly, there was tension in the air and possibly lasers shooting out of Kai and Nari’s eyes as they glared at each other, displeased.

“For now, let’s just stay on our respective sides.” Kai said. He tapped his foot on a little line of tape that was in the middle of the dorm. “I don’t want your cat or whatever to be in my presence.”

Nari snorted and turned around. “You make it sound like you’re important.” She snapped. 

 

It took about three hours to fully unpack but when she did, her side of the flat looked pretty great. Her desk area was a little plain but it would most likely fill up with assignments and random pieces of stuff from around the dorm.

Nari held Max in her arms and walked into the kitchen, she opened the fridge to see…nothing.

“Uh…what about dinner?”

Kai looked up from his laptop. “Order takeout.”

Nari wrinkled her nose. “Every day?”

He nodded.

Nari scoffed. “That’s so bad for you! And you’re gonna get fat!”

Kai sat up in his bed. “I workout everyday! I run at 7 in the morning.”

She eyed her roommate in disbelief. Getting up at 7 in the morning every day? Holy crap this guy’s a lunatic. Did he say exercise? What’s that? Nari put Max down and grabbed a set of keys that was on the counter. “Is this yours?”

Kai reached his hand out. “W-Wait what are you-“

Nari unlocked the front door and slipped out. “Groceries.”

 

She rung up Chanyeol and smiled at the sound of his cheery voice. “Cuddle buddy!”

“Yes?”

“Wanna go grocery shopping?”

“Oh?” He was already out the door at the sound of the offer but he still asked about Kai. “What about your roommate?”

Nari rolled her eyes. “He has a dog and he wakes up before 12 pm? We are not going to get along and besides, he orders takeout everyday…what does he know about cooking?”

Chanyeol walked down the road as he spoke to her. “I can’t cook either but I really want to learn. My roommate cooks very well and he doesn’t let me near the kitchen...jackass.” He cleared his throat. “It’s because I burned water once and apparently his pots and pans are his only love and pride. I got banned from my dorm kitchen.”

Nari laughed. “Aww! It’s okay, I’ll teach you.” She waved her arms. “I see you!”

 

Chanyeol hung up and put his phone in his pocket before running over like an excited puppy to engulf her into his arms. “Our greeting is kinda cute, no?”

Nari smiled and nodded. “Where’s the nearest market?”

Chanyeol led the way. “It’s about 4 blocks from here, it’s really big though. What do you need?”

“…Everything.”

“Can you cook?”

Nari chuckled and leaned over. “Don’t mean to brag but I’m pretty damn good.” She grinned. “Do you have class?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “All classes start next week, did you get the email from your counselor?”

“Guess not.”

 

“Want me to help you?” Chanyeol asked. “I at cooking though, you are warned.”

Nari shook it off. “That’s okay! Let’s make wontons; I got a killer family recipe.”

 

“Ground pork…cilantro…watercress…shrimp…green onions…” Nari walked down the vegetable isle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter