6 - Bet

Monster Rock

 

#6 - Bet

Taemin was in the middle of crawling through the window to the warehouse when he heard a noise. In the Distance at the other end of the building he could make out Jinki and Jonghyun running around throwing something… A lumpy ball? Back and forth to each other and Minho groaning, he couldn’t see him well in the dimly lit back corner of the warehouse. He could tell he had already turned Frankenstein -ish by his voice, they all had morphed about half an hour ago at sunset… Ears twitching cutely, Jinki sensed Taemin right away; happily distracted by his scent he stopped running, sniffed the air and looked towards the window to find what he knew would be there: Taemin. Jonghyun meanwhile threw the ball, it hit Jinki right in the chest because he wasn’t paying attention in anymore; too busy smiling. “Hey Taemin!” Tail wagging like crazy Jinki shouted from across the way, his voice echoing in the big empty building.

“Hey guys!” Taemin jumped from the window landing on his feet. “S’up? What are you guys playing?”

“Um, we are just.. um. Playing keep away.” Jinki turned around to see Jonghyun laughing really hard being chased by Minho, Jinki looked down at the ball that had fallen and began laughing too. He picked it up and yelled “Jjong catch!”

Jonghyun grabbed it and ran as fast as he could. Then tossed it back to Jinki.. Minho switched directions and started chasing the wolf man. Taemin walked closer to the other side of the building to where all the action was; wanting to join in on the fun.

Back and forth Jinki and Jonghyun tossed the big lumpy ball back and forth as Minho chased after who ever had the ball. Minho almost caught the thing, but Jinki got it just right before he did. Minho tried to snatch it away but the eldest stood on his tip-toes and held the item up in the air just out of reach. “Jong, jong!” Jinki shouted and motioned with his head to go another way so he could toss it closer.

Jonghyun grabbed it but then immediately threw it at Taemin as he came up closer.

Taemin caught it, it felt weird, he looked down and saw why; the human screamed “AHHH” Startled, he jerked and accidently dropped it.

Minho groaned as his face hit the floor. Jinki and Jonghyun laughed hysterically. “Oh, my god. Sorry Minho! Didn’t mean to drop you.” He bend down and picked up the head but before he could fully stand up the headless body came running, slamming into Taemin knocking him backwards on his and knocking his head out of Taemin’s hands.

Jinki and Jonghyun were laughing so hard they could barely see with the tears in their eyes as they watched Taemin drop the head and then the head roll across the floor.

Taemin hastily chased after Minho’s head. Picking it up and helping him reattach it while the hyung’s laughed until they couldn’t breathe anymore.

Now with head attached, he could see where he was going and groaned at the wolf and vamp “I kill youuuu.” With arms stretched out Minho started Chasing after them.  Then it was Taemin’s turn to laugh.

Key had come in and watched the others running around not setting up the instruments. He sighed “Minho did you lose a bet again? You have to stop betting the hyungs. You know they’ll take your head off if you lose.”

They all stopped running. Minho groaned cutely “I know” Key petted the top of his head. Then shot Jinki and the vampire a look. “Stop taking off his head.”

“He really should stop betting on stupid things then.” Jjong snickered.

“Oh so that is why you guys had his head.” Taemin chuckled.

Jonghyun draped his arm around Minho. “I can play with Minho however I want to. He was having fun. Are you jelly key?”

“no.” he almost smirked. “Just be nice to him. He can’t go on stage looking like he got beat up, don’t bruise his pretty face.”

“I have a pretty face too.” Jonghyun smiled, getting closer to show off his pale beauty to the drummer.

Key blushed “yeah yeah” he playfully shoved him away.

The three of them walked away, giggling, towards their instruments leaving Jinki and the human alone.

Taemin sighed “Gosh those three are so weird.”

Jinki chuckled “I know right.”

“How was your day Jinki?” Taemin asked as he began walking to where they normally set up their equipment too.

Jinki smiled “Better now that you are here.”

“How’s the little husky?”

“Much better. Sparky is eating well and playing with some of the other pups at the shelter.”

“That’s great news. So what did Minho bet on?”

Jinki’s ears flicked, his tail stilled.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Jinki blushed.

“Tell me.” Taemin pouted

“He bet Jonghyun that… That I kissed you. And I haven’t so he lost the bet.”

“oh.” Taemin looked down at the ground as he walked but then smiled cutely. “Jinki” he whispered. “Where do you want to go on our date?”

“I like the park. I like meat. I like animals. I like amusement parks; anything with an adrenaline rush, like rollercoaster’s really gets me excited. I like to run. I love music, freaking obsessed with it but you already know that. Um… let me think. Oh I know; haunted houses are pretty funny. I like to laugh so that would be a good place to go for that. I’m a monster not like it can scare me, it just makes me laugh. Like a comedy show but for monsters.” Taemin never thought of a haunted house that way before, it made him think. And the way he thought made him scrunch up his brows leaving Jinki feeling self-conscious “What? Is that weird?” Jinki said, his tail dropping, his pointy soft ears falling flat.

“No, not weird at all; it makes sense.  I bet… yes I am sure I can think of something to fit your likes and mine to make a great date.”

The wolf’s ears perked up happily as he beamed happily “Good.”

“I’ll call you later in the week when I have it all planned out and I’ll come over and pick you up and take you somewhere. Ok?”

“Ok.”

They shared a shy smile. Jinki was so happy and still looking at Taemin that he wasn’t paying attention; he tripped over one of the power cords. His foot got tangled making him stumble forward and fall over the amplifier knocking Taemin over with him; Jinki landed on top of him, his lips crashing into Taemin’s as they hit the floor together.

Instantly Jonghyun Key and Minho teased “oooohhhhhh” As the two accidentally kissed for the very first time. Jinki and Taemin separated with rosy red cheeks; Jinki’s ears pointy twitched cutely.

Jonghyun smirked “Well, They’ve kissed now” Referring to their bet, that Minho had lost. The Zombie and Frankenstein chuckled along with the Vampire As the very bashful wolf and human tried to stand up but still got tangled up again. This time Taemin tripped and his face smacked into Jinki’s this time.

“Damn, boys get a room that is twice,2 kisses in a row.” Key cackled.

Minho groaned “You. Better. Be date.”

“That’s right you better be dating to kiss.” The vampire translated through is laughter.

Steadying themselves, the two were beyond flustered and walked away; they quickly grabbed their instruments and started playing, trying to ignore the other’s comments. This was not how they imagined their first kiss to go, heck they haven’t even went out yet and why did it have to be in front of the guys. But even though the rest of the night they would be teased Jinki and Taemin secretly liked that they accidently kissed each other. They would smile at one another countless times over the night…. They couldn’t wait for their date night.    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


This chapter is dedicated to Tokki and NomNom *hugs* Thank you guys for commenting and suggesting things for the Monsters!

The keep-away game w/ Minho’s head for Tokki, and the sangtae kiss for both Nomnom and Tokki. Thank you :D:D

The next chapter is also a drabble and then Chapter 8 is long. (spoiler alert: it's the date chapter)