Tale # 4

Monster Rock

Flirty Rock Stars/ Love is in the air <3

Tale #4 How 5 dorks fall in love.

 

Their first gig went very well no mistakes at all. The crowd had no idea Taemin wasn’t a monster. Although he smiled once and I don’t think anyone noticed in the audience… but I do know a certain y hairy man on stage noticed. See, what happened was Jinki was so into the song that suddenly an ear piercing howl rang out from his lips accompanying the heavy metal that cried out from his strings. The rockin’ wolf captured the attention of everyone including Taemin- The impressed maknae thought to himself “whoa, what a y beast.”    Sensing it and Smirking, Jinki glanced over to the bass player and winked and Taemin almost turned into a puddle of goo; a smile crept up. Jinki chuckled at the young man making the devil flustered momentarily and realize he had been smiling. Taemin had to concentrate, HAD to look away from the flirty wolf before he blew his disguise; he tore his attention away and rocked out to the thunderous rhythm of his bass without a smile. Professional. Jinki thought it was cute.  The wolf again looked him over; Taemin was a serious faced devil now, with his cute little “angry” eyebrows and his glowing horns. Jinki felt a bit cocky after that little moment they shared and his animalistic masculine adrenaline kicked up a notch: Head banging, howling and whaling on the guitar like a true rock star. 

………………………

 

That first live performance was at their local club and in a few weeks they will play another club across town. Jinki wants to have rehearsals tonight with the guys but Taemin wants to hang out with them and do a bit of shopping for costumes and props for their next gig first.   

Taemin was to pick up Jinki from work then they’ll head on over to Jonghyun’s house to wake him up for the night and take him with them to the abandoned warehouse for practice.

“mm mm the gots fleas. do do do do dum dum doooo the has fleassssss” In the car Taemin sang to himself as he pulled up to Jinki’s work. Such a catchy tune. Of course Jinki wrote it about an ex…might be why it’s Taemin’s favorite song.

He parked his car and walked up to the pet rescue. Looking inside the window he spotted Jinki petting a tiny Alaskan Husky. “d’awww, so cute” Taemin cried. He opened the door and walked inside. Jinki was barking so softy, scooping the tiny runt into his arms, he nuzzled his cheek into the puppy’s head and whimpered feeling the pain of the canine pup.

Taemin softly spoke “Hyung?”

Forgetting to speak in human Jinki kindly growled first then cleared his throat and greeted him again in human. “Taem, I would like you to meet Sparky. He was so sad but we just had a talk. I hoped it helped. He was found this morning. He was abandoned, and he just told me how he got abandoned. It’s freaking heartbreaking. I was just telling him it would be alright.”

“He kinda looks like a wolf. He is super cute.”

Jinki smiled “yeah, isn’t he? I keep telling him so but he doesn’t believe me.” He then leaned into Taemin and whispered “His owner kicked him and called him tiny and if that wasn’t bad enough the other pups called him ugly and didn’t support him.  He has low self-esteem at the moment.”

“aww, poor little guy.” Taemin pet the puppy and cooed “My I hug him?”

“Sure” He said to the man and barked something to the dog. “This is Taemin, the one I told you about.”

“What did you say?”

Jinki smiled so cutely and mumbled “nothing.”  Jinki rubbed the husky’s head and scratched his ear and the dog Taemin’s cheek, his little cold tongue tickled and made him giggle. The dog approved of Jinki’s choice.

“I’ll leave you two alone for just a moment. Let me lock up the back and we can go.”

Taemin asked the husky “What did he say? Did he you tell you how cute you are? Whoever kicked you will rot in hell, so don’t you worry. You’re safe now, Sparky. No one should be hurt like that.  We all get insecure and let me tell you something. It is ok to be small and different. I’m sure hyung told you that too and it’s true. It gets better. I’m different. All my friends are monsters and I’m not, I’m human. And they still like me. You’ll find a place to fit in just like I did. I promise. Hyung will get you healthy and find you a great home.”

Jinki walked in from the back room, and smiled watching the younger talk with the doggie. The dog sensed Jinki and yelped cutely and wagged its tail. Jinki walked up next to them and the dog happily leaped out of Taemin’s arms into Jinki’s. Jinki laughed “oh reallllly? Taemin, he says he likes you.”

Taemin beamed “Good. I like him too.”  Taemin kissed the little pups cheek.

“This is the happiest he has felt all day.”

They put the dog into his little house and said their goodbyes to the dogs. The dogs growled and howled their goodbyes to the men as well. As they made their way to the front door, one dog barked over and over and the others chimed in but it wasn’t a goodbye anymore. Whatever it was Jinki blushed 10 shades of red and then turned to look over his shoulder and barked back for them to please stop.

Taemin was confused “What are they chanting?” Jinki held open the door for Taemin; as the human started to walk out Taemin could have sworn the dogs were barking the tune of “K-I-S-S-I-N-G…” The dogs had been teasing Jinki for having a thing for Taemin. Jinki hurriedly shut the door and locked it.  “Nothing… nothing at all. Let’s go.”

Taemin laughed “Were they singing?”

“Nope. Let’s go.”

“I think they were teasing you. Well, that is what you get for making me smile the other day on stage.”

“I didn’t. I don’t know what you are talking about. I was rocking out. I mean really Taemin, smiling? When does Satan’s spawn smile?” He playfully said. They shared a smile; Taemin smirked a cute little smile while unlocking his car and teased once more. “oh ok. Sure. We’ll stick to that story, hyung. I just smiled because I was having fun. Had nothing to do with you.” He opened the door and stuck one leg in, looking at Jinki over the top of the car as he continued sarcastically “Because it’s not like you were being hot or anything for me to smile.”  He sat in his car. Taemin had just indirectly confessed he thought Jinki was HOT.

Taemin leaned over and looked out the passage window, Jinki whom was still standing outside the car was so utterly cute and it was Pay back. Jinki was frozen with a cheesy smile plastered on his face; if he had a tail at the moment it would have been wagging. Taemin giggled to himself then shouted “Hyung! Get in.”

Jinki finally blinked and ducked down to the window to see Taemin smiling at him . “Oh, yes.” Jinki finally opened the door and got inside. There were cute smiles shared back and forth between the men with the crush the entire ride to Jonghyun’s.

…………………..

When they reached Jonghyun’s creepy old house down by the river the vampire was just waking up from his nap.    They entered his house. Taemin poured him a glass of tomato juice from the fridge that Jjong had made the night before and handed it to Jinki to give to the vampire. Jinki went with glass in hand to his bed chambers.

…..

Taemin looked around and ended up snooping on his computer meanwhile Jinki was helping slather Jonghyun with sun block. It’s hard to do by one’s self when they can’t see their own reflection in a mirror.

……..

With a long black trench coat and a fedora Jonghyun emerged from his room; Jinki followed. “Morning Taemin.”

“Good Evening, Vampy”

Jonghyun sighed “This kid.”

Jinki chuckled.

Taemin hid his smirk by biting his bottom lip; He informed “So, Jonghyun I fixed your website.”

“Oh crap what did you do now?” He walked over to the boy sitting at the computer; Jinki asked Jonghyun “May I have something to drink?” “Sure” The vampire said as he sat down next to Taemin to read his webpage’s order form.

Jjongie Juice: Tomato juice made from the blood of tomatoes, not people!”

The vampire groaned “Damnit Taemin.” A burst of laughter flowed from “Satan.”

Jinki came into the room with the fresh jug of tomato juice that Taemin used earlier; it had a sticky note on it. “Jonghyun, why do you have a threatening letter to me on this jug?”

“What? I don’t. I’d never threaten you guys.” Jonghyun took the cup from him and read the note aloud. “Hyung, Don't you dare drink my Jjongie Juice or else I’ll fill the next Jug with your blood.” He rolled his eyes and shouted “Damn it Taemin!”

Having fallen out of the computer chair Taemin was in a little giggle fit on the floor by this point… Messing with the vamp was the best prank ever. He was so sensitive and his outbursts were freaking hilarious if you asked Taemin. 

Jinki chuckled and peeled the note off the Jug and put it on Jonghyun’s forehead and walked away to get a glass for his drink. He yelled from the kitchen “Taemin be nice to Jonghyun and fix his site.”

Taking the note off his head he snarkily remarked “Yeah, you heard him, Stinky. Fix it.” Jonghyun nuddged him with his foot. “get up”

Standing up from the floor Taemin shouted toward the kitchen “Hyung, he called me stinky!” He stuck his tongue out at the vampire.Jong put the note on the human's forehead then shoved him and whispered. “tattle-tale” The two laughed and playfully shoved each other.

Jinki huffed “Settle down children. You guys are worse than training a wild hound”

Taemin sighed “fine.” He ripped the note of his head and balwed it up. He deleted the “Jjongie” from everywhere he put it and replaced it with the word tomato. “Vampy?”

“Yeah, stinky?”

“Can we keep the slogan? The tomato blood thing sounds cool. I totally think you should keep it.”

“But I want to sell to humans too not just Vamps. It has got to look professional.”

“It’s funny come on. Humans will think it’s funny and no one knows you’re a vampire anyways. You are being paranoid. By the way I don’t stink, I smell like a human.”

“No you smell differently now. Jinki Hyung’s scent is all over you. You do not stink I’m just teasing you but I can’t smell your human fragrance anymore.  You smell just like Jinki. That’s all.”

“He put his scent on me?”

“You are undetectable by thirsty vampires now for your safety and if any wolves are around they will think you are taken. So they won’t dare to touch you to harm you or …

“Or what?

“You know” He winked. “Claim you as their mate or something.”

“Oh” Taemin blushed. “When did he do it?”

“The night you sprouted fake devil horns of course.”

“How?”

“I don’t know… I’m a vampire..  Wolfy Magic?”

“You know don’t you?”

Jonghyun quickly looked down to his wrist as if he was wearing a watch “Oh, look at the time. We have to pick up Bummie and Hoho.” He jumped up and headed for the front door. It caught Jinki’s attention as he was leaving the kitchen “Shot gun!” Jinki yelled and chased after him. They rushed out the door with Taemin running after them crying to Jonghyun “Hey! Get back here.”

 

…………

Taemin pulled up to the day care and parked the car. “I’ll go get him.” He said as he began to unbuckle but it was too late the vampire was already unbuckled and out the door.

Jinki chuckled “He so has a thing for Key.”

Taemin scrunched up his brows in confusion “But he can’t.”

“Why… Do you.. do you like Key?” Jinki asked nervously. Maybe all their playful flirtations were just that: playing.

“Me? No, of course not I like someone else” He smiled cutely with a dust of blush on his cheeks. “But Minho does.”

“Oh.” The werewolf smiled a dazzling bright smile and after a cute love fueled twinkle in both their eyes Jinki changed the subject away from their not so secret crush on each other to the topic at hand: Key. “We should tell ‘em. Be a mediator and explain they both have feelings for Key. Jonghyun and Minho can talk about it nicely without Key getting involved and just let it go and if Key likes one of them it should be up to Key to say something not them. They shouldn’t make Key pick like that. It isn’t fair to Kibum. That way they won’t fight for him and make it a competition. Have you ever seen a jealous Vampire before? Jonghyun will get really pissy and fussy.”

“I know and that is the fun of it. I’m not telling Jonghyun .” Taemin laughed so hard a tear started to form.

Jinki sighed and cocked his head “Taemin, you’re evil.”

Controlling himself not to laugh anymore, the human beamed from ear to ear “I’m the spawn of Satan, remember?”

Jinki chuckled “Yeah, I remember.” He pet Taemin’s head like a he would a puppy. Leaning into the head rub Taemin teased and made cute yippy bark sounds. The giggles subsided and a peacefully silence fell upon them… they had locked eyes… they were mighty close to each other… were they going to kiss???? We’ll never know because Jonghyun and Key hopped into the back seat and the two jumped apart and separated so fast the car rocked. But Key and Jonghyun thought the motion was from the slam of the car doors.

Key greeted them “Sup guys. …Hey, Taem…. your face is red.”

“Nope, tis not. Let’s go.” Taemin skidded out of the parking lot.

Key and Jonghyun gave each other a knowing look that they had just interrupted something private.  “Maybe Stinky needs sun block for his red cheeks. What to borrow some?” Jonghyun teased.

“Shut up Vampy” Taemin mumbled; the werewolf could sense not only embarrassment but the passionate hormone levels rise in the human. Jinki looked out the passenger window and chuckled to himself proudly without a doubt in his mind: it’s not just playing around - Taemin really does like him. .. Likes likes him.

…………….

They arrive at the mall and started harassing Minho instantly as soon as they walked up to his counter. “How much is this? And this and this? Price check please?” Jinki said as he was picking up random stuff on the display counter next to the cash register and placing it in front of Minho. “Oh and this.” He picked up perfume and added it to the pile.

Key walked up and loudly demanded “I want a refund on this bra?” Key said waving around the biggest bra he found on his way through the ladies department to get to Minho work station.

“Christ” Minho shout whispered yanking the bra out of his hand “Stop guys.”

Jinki and Key high fived each other (Jinki still hasn’t stopped piling stuff on the counter btw… perfumes, make up samplers ect.)

Minho asked "Where’s the little and Jinki’s pet?”

“He is not my pet.” Jinki said then placed a red lipstick on the counter and mumbled “And thisssss”

Key said “I thought Taemin was the little .”

 Minho informed “Mr. Juicy is shorter hence little .”

“Mr. Juicy hahahaha” Key laughed and clapped loudly making even more of a scene but on accident this time.

“shh.” Minho hushed. “Jinki stop that.” He slapped Jinki’s hand from the eye shadow… but Jinki’s hand stealthily went back to picking it up and sliding it back to the pile of price check items he was building.

Jonghyun walked up carrying Taemin in his arms. Taemin was wearing a baby bonnet saying “goo goo gaga.”

“I’d like a refund on this baby. It farted and I don’t want it anymore.” Jonghyun sat him on the counter, and it knocked over all the junk Jinki piled on the counter.

They all laughed and Minho prayed that his manager didn’t come over and fire him for his friends' rowdy behavior.

“You guys are embarrassing me.” Minho shout whispered.

“Clock out already. We got stuff to do.” Taemin said then stuck his thumb in his mouth playing the part of baby.

“Knock it off Taemin.” Minho plucked Taemin’s thumb from his mouth and Taemin pretended to cry. Minho ripped off the baby hat as well. “Go put this back in the baby department please.”

Jinki picked up the bra and handed it to Taemin. “Here play with this” Taemin grabbed it and held it up to his chest “I’m a laaadyyyyyy. Gimmie me make up” He wiggled his chest at Minho and the said man face palmed and groaned “You guys will be the death of me.”

“Yep, I’m pretty sure of it.” Jonghyun said and all four of them nodded matter a factly at the salesman plus Jinki grinned and added one more item to the counter.

Taemin returned back to normal “Hurry clock out dude.” before walking away; he took the bra and baby bonnet back to where they belonged as the others waited for Minho to finish up. Jinki put all the makeup away as well.

…………..

With his employee discount Minho had bought them all stage makeup: black eyeliner, for all of them and pale white foundation for Taemin and some hair products too for the band, black lip stick. Afterwards they found themselves in the novelty shop on the 2nd floor of the mall helping Taemin pick out a few pairs of realistic Devil horns just in case his others got broken. He bought two capes as well. One completely black and the other had a silky red inner lining. Jonghyun liked it so much he bought one for himself. The others chipped in and bought Taemin red devil wings as a present for joining their band and family.

Next they wondered around the rock n roll store. Taemin picked out a really cool looking pair of shiny black wrist bands with silver spiky studs while Jinki picked leather bracelets with bullets lined long its length instead. Key suggested to Taemin to buy the matching choker to go with his wrist bands. Taemin nodded and bought them too. Later they were in the music store and electronic store, buying extra guitar stings for Jinki, more drum sticks for Key, and a new set of headphones for Minho to DJ with and a few flammable special effects things for Satan.  The band ate dinner at the food court. With full tummies they were reenergized from their long day and were all set to go to the abandoned warehouse to practice.

…………….

They walked up to warehouse 66. Minho stood on top of the crates stacked up outside the window so he could climb into the building first. Taemin dug in his bag and pulled out a spray can, shook it with a wickedly cute smile. “What are you doing?” Jinki asked; Taemin only smiled and sprayed red paint, adding another 6 to the number on the sign next to the window. “Dork” Jonghyun huffed and followed Minho up the crates and into the building. “Ah, come on Vampy, it’s funny.” Taemin whined as he stuffed the can back in his bag.

Jinki ruffled his hair and scratched behind his ear like a puppy again. “I thought it was funny.”

“Thanks hyung.” He smiled warmly.

“Will you guys just get a room already?” Key remarked and cut in line in front of them to get in the window next; his words leaving them flustered for they didn’t notice Jinki was flirting again until he pointed it out.

“I’m sorry Taemin; I didn’t mean to pet you. It’s a habit I guess when I see cute things..err I mean because I do that to my puppies… I’ll shut up now.” he quickly looked away and shoved Key’s to make him go faster so he could escape the embarrassment. Key fell out of the window and into the building, landing on Minho….

Taemin giggled Jinki was so cute  but was stopped when he looked up to the window and saw Jinki’s backside. Whoa, Hyung has a cute … nice thighs too.”

On the inside of the building Minho was cupping Kibum’s cheek “Are you ok?”

Jonghyun’s senses were heightened; he quickly turned his head to see Kibum sitting on Minho’s lap with Jinki dangling in the window above them telling them to move out of the way. Jonghyun rushed with his Vampire speed and grabbed them both away so Jinki could enter. He huffed. “Kibum are you alright?” Jonghyun asked tenderly.

“I’m fine.”  He said softly as he stared into the lovely black eyes of the Vampire.

Jonghyun asked “Minho why were you in the way?”

“It’s ok, Jonghyun. He broke my fall. I’m ok really I am.” Key returned his attention to Minho. “Thank you Minho.”

“You’re welcome.” Minho looked dreamy eyed and so did Key. It made the vampire flustered Jonghyun quickly helped Key up. “Can I get you anything? Water? We have bottled water.” He looked Key up and down all over looking for any damage.

Key giggled “Jonghyun I’m fine, really.”

Key has such a pretty laugh. No wait he is laughing cutely with Jonghyun and not me. Minho stood up and ran and got him water. “Here Bum” He stole the drummers attention away from the Vampire, handing him the water.

“Thank you. I should fall out of the window more often; if it makes you two so nice to me.”He chuckled melting both Jonghyun and Minho’s hearts - So handsome they both thought of him.

Jonghyun mumbled “Water was my idea.” and walked away to set up his equipment; Minho smirked.

Taemin had just jumped in and chuckled and nudged Jinki’s elbow whispering. “Over there, look it’s starting. Vampy is getting jelly.”

“Stinky, I can hear you.” Fangs nipping at his lip Jonghyun slowly turned his head and glared at him from across the room.

Taemin yelped and hid behind Jinki, they laughed and Jonghyun sulked away from the wolf and human.  

…………….

The sun had set and the moonlight shone brightly through the windows; they had all transformed. ZomKey was drumming along to a beat Minho was Djing while Taemin was trying to hook up his new fire effects to his bass. Jonghyun came up beside him. “Need help, Stinky?”

“Sure.” Taemin handed him a tool. “Hold this.” Jonghyun grabbed it then Taemin asked “So why haven’t you asked Key out yet?”

“Why haven’t you asked out Jinki?”

“Touché”

Jonghyun asked again “But for real why haven’t you?”

“Why haven’t you?” Taemin repeated again as well.

“Because I think he likes Minho and if he doesn’t I still have to wait for the right moment.”

“What better moment than now? I don’t know if he likes Minho but Minho does like him. Jinki wanted to talk to you and him about it. But I think its funnier watching you get frustrated and jealous. But funniness aside, I care for you. Like a brother so I love to tease you.”

“Ditto. Making fun of you is my favorite thing.” Jonghyun agreed; they high fived. Dorks.

Taemin continued “But you should ask him out before it’s too late. Don’t make it a burden for Key, fighting over him and making him choose. If you liked him as much as you think you do then ask him out. I’m going to give Hoho the same advice. It’s what Jinki would want me to do. AND it is the right thing to do. Let the best brave man to ask him first win. And don’t be a if Minho is brave enough to ask him before you. And god have mercy on Key’s soul” He teased.

“That is really mature of you. Jinki is a good thing for you. So again imma ask. Why haven’t you asked him out yet? Aren’t you a brave man to ask him out?”

“He is an alpha right? I’m not sure how this works. Will he like dating a human? Don’t they have to make the first move?”

“Hasn’t he?” He winked, tossed him the tool and walked away.

Taemin mumbled to himself. “Has he?” He looked over to Jinki who was sitting by himself away from the band putting the strings on his guitar, tail wagging happily, pointy gray ears flipped back in concentration. Taemin smiled and sighed dreamily.   

…..

Jinki joined the band and was playing right along. It took Taemin most of the night to set up his new effects and the whole time Jonghyun and Minho kept trying to get Key’s attention. Key loved being loved by people, it’s why he worked with kids, they loved him and it’s the reason he loved being in the band. His fans loved him and gave him plenty of attention. So being in the middle of Jonghyun and Minho’s affections was heaven for Key on a new level and ended up not being a burden after all but fed his need and adrenaline: it was one of his best rehearsals in a long time. And Minho and Jonghyun had to admit they were having fun too; joining up to see how they could make Key blush. They were not fighting for him but working with each other to fuel Key’s reactions as a team. Taemin and Jinki would glance over once in a while and chuckle at the trio then look over to each other and share a warm secret flirtatious warm smile of their own…. Finished with his project, bass in hand, Taemin stood up and joined the band.

The five monsters were so into the music they created together, head banging jumping around, working up a sweat: full on rock star mode. The mood was just right for Taemin to kick things up a level; he stomped on his pedal to try out his new addition to his bass. Flames shot from his bass! It was cool they all thought so that is until an itty bity teeny tiny ember landed on Minho’s jacket. Triggering the monsters pyrophobia; The Frankenstein freaked out in a panic, groaning in typical Stein fashion… “FIRE BAAADDD!”  With headphones still on, he ran from his turn tables. The cords to his headphones tugged him back forcing him to fall comically to the floor.  They all dropped their instruments, rushed and patted his barely singed jacket until they were huddled in a lump lying on the floor together laughing their asses off, including Minho. But once the laughter faded Key cupped his cheek tenderly and teased sweetly “You silly, you’re not even burnt” Jonghyun held Minho’s hand just as tenderly and it looked like he wanted to say something sweet…

Jinki and Taemin looked at each other and mouthed to one another. “No way” hmmm, looks like Key might find himself in a poly relationship. So naturally it was payback time for always teasing the wolf and human: Jinki and Taemin shoved the trio off them and teased “Dudes! Get a room!”

The three stammered and separated from the huddle. Key stood up hastily and attempted to walk to his drum kit but he got tangled in the headphone wires and it accidentally ripped Minho’s head off; Jonghyun tired to catch his head but he fumbled and it fell to the floor. Jinki and Taemin couldn’t stop laughing, Taemin laughed so hard his cheeks started to hurt. He fell over into Jinki’s lap but stayed there with his head in the wolfs lap watching Jonghyun and Key fuss over the Frankenstein, helping Minho put his head back on and apologizing over and over. Still laughing himself Jinki the human’s hair until Taemin could control himself; it calmed them both then moments later as the three were still fussing about and not paying attention Taemin whispered so his monster hyung’s wouldn’t “Hyung.”

“hmm?”

“Would you like to go out to dinner with me some time?”

 The wolf's ears twitched hopefully “A date?”

Taking his eyes off the others, Taemin rolled over onto his back. Jinki looked down as the other looked up; locking eyes Taemin answered a bit bashfully but yet bravely. “Yes.”

He gently cupped Taemin's cheek with his paw and replied softly."I'd love too."  Giddy and smiley Taemin placed his hand in his paw; giggling they both stood up together.  They laughed and ran to their guitars and started to rock out happily getting rehearsal back on track before the others noticed they took the next step in their relationship. The sound of the wolf’s eclectic riff snapped the trio out of their fussing and they ran back to their equipment as well.

The night went on, the music got heavier, the lovey dovey feelings did too… The music echoing off the rusty walls of the building six hundred and sixty six…. With hearts in Key’s eyes for two special guys who returned his feelings and the two, perhaps, staring to develop a feeling for one another as well. Love was truly in the air… Jinki’s tail wagging, Taemin’s human heartbeat pounding with excitement, and not even knowing his body was emitting a lovely fragrant pheromone making the werewolf’s head spin delightfully… A future date and a successful rehearsal, they’d be ready for their next concert and before you know it Jinki and Taemin could possibly be ready to confess. 

 

 

 

 

 


sticky note threat/prank scene requested by ontokki92