tale #3

Monster Rock

Tale #3 What’s it like during the day for monsters.

Requested by nomnomnomnomnomnom

 

Day time

When night falls they can be intimidating if they needed to be… but it makes Taemin feel proud to know they truly are a bunch of sweet hearts (and very dorky) when no one is around. He gets to see the real them. Awesome hyung’s who take care of him well. Monster hyung’s who totally rock and kick and ok I am sounding like Taemin when he is in his fanboy mood. So anyway what are these monsters like during the daytime????

Being a human Taemin is the same day or night… well, besides masquerading around as a little demon during concerts with his band.  The other band members only appear “human” once the sun is up.  They try to fit in and be normal as to not scare the humans….

Jonghyun sleeps most days but when he does go out he has to be smothered in sun block. He wears a hat and sunglasses and long sleeves to protect himself from the harmful sunrays. He never drinks blood… not anymore anyways…  Jonghyun is a modern day Vampire, Tries not to drink blood. He vowed never to do it again but teases Taemin and tries to scare him (it never works) Jonghyun couldn’t even harm a fly anymore pfft like he’d bite Taemin.  He got to tomato juice and has never looked back and damn is it tasty and easier to clean up if spilled. Blood is messy and stains like a . He has a job; he works from home selling his home made tomato juice. Sells it online, makes good money too. Taemin teases him and calls it Jong Juice. The vampire says he doesn’t find that funny but deep down he knows it’s hilarious. 

Once the night is over Minho can normally be found at the mall. He has a part time job working in one of the upscale department stores at the cosmetic counter because YAY free samples to take home! He spends so much time keeping up his good looks because at night his looks fade and even though they come back every morning he has become obsessed with his handsome face. Which is odd that Key hasn’t developed this problem, you know with half his face and cheeks peeling off as a zombie and stuff. Of course Minho gives the best advice on skin care. And gives his band mates the best beauty products for their skin type.  He was the one that turned Jong on to Tomato juice. It is good for the skin and it is a great natural sun block. At first Jong was smearing tomato paste on his skin (which dose work) but Minho told him it would be easier if he just drank the juice.  Then Key had commented that is why he’d never eat Jonghyun’s brain.. he didn’t have one. Jonghyun didn’t find that funny either but everyone else did.. they almost pee’d themselves laughing so hard. All five of them always teased each other… it’s what they do. Best friends for ever ;)

Side note: Jonghyun and Minho both have a crush on Key. So speaking of Key… Kibum loves children so he works at a day care center during the daylight hours, playing and teaching the kids lots of things. He was nervous first getting the job though. He was not sure if they hired his kind. The others never told their bosses about being a monster but Key was honest with his employer. The little old lady that runs the place is opened minded and knows Key would never harm a child and eat their brains. She hired him right away.  He changed his name to Key the minute Jinki asked him to be part of the band. He just had to have a stage name.

Jinki wanted to start a band because: AWESOME! Who wouldn’t want to? Big fan boy just like Taemin is really. And he can play a mean electric guitar. Jinki shows his animalistic aggression only during concerts: it is safer this way. You can tell Jinki is happy and having the time of his life when he smashes his instrument; He has broken many a guitar slamming them during the end of the encore- he is so rock n roll.  But during daylight he has a playful and sunny attitude about life and shows it in a softer way. He is sweet, kind and childlike. He works at the puppy shelter. Takes in strays and feeds them and gets them back in good health and finds them homes.  Jinki being a werewolf can sense if people are dog lovers or not… He only lets the best adopt his doggies; if they don’t really care then Jinki will show them the door.  Not knowing Jinki is a werewolf his co-workers find it amazing he has such great control over all the dogs in the building… like they always do what he commands… hmmm gee I wonder why… kekekeke

Since Jinki is still in his transition period he only changes during the night and has no control of it; he’ll turn into a wolf if he wants to or not. But in time he will be able to change at will no matter what time of day. So Jinki practices morphing back and forth between wolf and man when no one is around at work. The puppies like the trick when he can actually do it; they bark and howl and his face.   

Some people get along with monsters and others do not and some monsters get along with humans and others do not.… And we all know Taemin is cool with them, even has a crush on one.   But just maybe the reason Jinki called them misfits is they were just too nice (and a bunch of dorks) and adorable to be monsters. Because a day care provider, a cosmetics salesman, a canine lover, and a pale dude selling “Jongie juice” tomato juice is not frightening.  The only time they looked scary is when they are busy kicking and rocking out on stage for the monstrous creatures of the night and the few humans that enjoy their genre of monster metal music.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey guys! *waves*

Some chapters will be short drabble head canons like this one was and others will be stories and scenarios of the band. Like their 1st gig or funny moments for the monsters. Like Taemin shopping for his devil costumes, or Minho falling apart or something lol. Basically anything that pops into my head. The only real story line threaded throughout is gonna be ontae’s relationship.

This fic is for fun and it feels good and fun to write causally without stressing out over a real plot. Hopefully you guys will stick with this fic and have fun with me. And please feel free to suggest things to me as well! And if I can think of something to go with your suggestion/prompt/request then I will write it out for the monsters and their devil Taemin!

Let’s have fun!

Love Jinkijeans <3

 

oh and also Taemin made this and e-mailed it to Jonghyun lol