Tale #2

Monster Rock

Tale #2 Meeting the Band.

 

You know how Taemin joined the Horror Show but let me take you back to that first conversation Taemin had with Jinki which lead to him meeting the band and best friends, that same night ….

He was cute and a bit furry. In his human body he looked to be in his early to mid 20’s but in his werewolf body he looked more like a puppy. The cutest puppy in the history of earth. Taemin was curious about that but decided to say nothing. He had seen this wolf dozens of times there at the local Monster Club that was hidden under an overpass of a busy highway on the bad side of town.  Sometimes Jinki would be talking to his friends, or head banging and tail wagging to a really kick song. Taemin watched from a far, just enjoying the music and the haunting atmosphere. But then one day the young werewolf approached him…

There was a band playing that night it wasn’t just music coming from the dj booth. Taemin was slam dancing in the mosh pit when people started to get a little too rough with the human. The werewolf too had been randomly seeing this human night after night in the building and tonight Jinki was amused by him. He saw him, the human was pretty good at being rough right on back… of course others are much stronger than he but he managed pretty well for a human. It seemed to fuel Taemin into enjoying himself more. Suddenly he felt Jinki slam right in to him. Taemin laughed and rammed back into him then jumped up and down, they played for awhile slam dancing, until the band took a break. “Hi, I’m Jinki” He finally said as the crowd disbursed from the stage and the dj resumed until the band came back from their 30mintue pause.

Panting heavily he replied “Hey, I’m Taemin. Wow that was intense. Sooooo cool.”

 Jinki smiled and mentioned. “I like your shirt” Taemin looked down at his shirt as if he forgot what he was wearing… It just so happened to be one of Jinki’s favorite monster rock bands’ band t-shirts.  “I’ve seen then in concert about….” Jinki scrunched up his face and his little wolf ears flicked back and forth a moment until he counted all of them “about 10 times.”

“REALLY? So awesome. I only saw them twice.”

“That’s still cool though. I have a question for you. Why is a human so into monster rock?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? Like duh it’s the most awesome music everrrr.”

Jinki chuckled.

“How’d you know I was human?”

“I can smell it.”

“Oh. Do I stink or something?” Taemin discreetly sniffed his armpit and Jinki burst out laughing.

“No… hahaha no. oh my god, my side hurts. hahaha. I mean you smell differently not stinky. It’s not a bad thing; I can just pick up on it that’s all. I actually think you smell really good.” his ears twitched as he confessed that, and under his furry cheeks his skin flushed a bright pink.

Taemin felt a bit embarrassed for his stupid question and smelling his own armpit in public and felt a bit shy knowing the elder liked his scent so he quickly changed the subject “Can I ask something?”

“Sure.”

“Why do you look almost like a puppy than a wolf?”

Jinki’s ears twitched again “I’m still transitioning into an adult werewolf.  It hits whenever and when it does you get a tiny bark. Some become wolves sooner in life, or around this age is common too. For me though, I started the change about 3 moons ago. Some werewolf’s transition period is much faster… I think mine is taking too darn long. I can’t howl all that awesome yet. And my teeth will get sharper. And I’ll get longer hair soon. And it will cover more of me. As you can see, you can see some of my skin on my cheeks. I think I look more fuzzy than hairy. I kinda look like I got sideburns and a really shaggy hair cut. But it will even out. I’m 23 but it’s like I’m 15 or worse a baby or something.” He laughed weakly, feeling awkward.

“So like werewolf puberty?” Taemin chuckled.

“Not funny but yes.” They both laughed.

“But anyways, so um you know. I’ve started a band of my own. You want to meet my friends? They’re here tonight.” He looked around trying to spot them in the crowd “Somewhere”

“You have? That is really cool; sure I’d love to me them.”

Out of nowhere in a flash of blur Jonghyun arrived at their side “Talking about me?”

It startled Taemin; he had never seen someone move so fast. “Yes, I want to introduce…”

The vampire interrupted him “Taemin. yes, I heard. The others are on their way.” He turned his attention to the human and winked at the fresh meat. “They’re slow pokes. But anywaysssss, so nice to meet you. I’m Jonghyun and you are a human AND good god you smell great.” He stepped closer but Jinki blocked him.

“He’s a friend not food.” Jinki warned; his little wolf ears flipped in an intimidating way which was completely adorable.

“aww, you’re so cute.” Jonghyun pet his head and scratched behind his pointy soft ear and to Jinki’s embarrassment his tail wagged without his persimmon because of it and he may have even made a cute little whiny sound to go along with it.

But when the wolf realized he had been leaning into the head rub Jinki shooed his hand away and pouted “Damn it, do not do that. I can’t control myself yet.”

Taemin covered his giggle not to embarrass his new hairy friend but he had to admit, the vampire was right: Jinki was ing cute. The others arrived just in time to see what had just happened.

“Cool it, Jjongie. Don’t’ .” A green zombie man with a bloody whole in his cheek said walking up to them and tossing Jinki a doggie treat. Jinki caught it with his mouth, ate it, enjoyed its savory meaty flavor then playfully slapped him and growled “Kibum!”

The zombie smirked and cocked his head “Hey, you ate it didn’t you.”

Taemin giggled as he watched the group of friends tease their leader. “Why hellooo, I’m Key.” He shot Jinki a look “NOT Kibum.” Then retuning his attention to the human, he smiled nicely at him once more. “This is Minho.” he pointed to the man next to him. “Sorry we weren’t here sooner but Minho’s finger fell off again. I had to sew it back on. Frankenstein’s, they lose body parts like a child loses Lego pieces.”  

“Human.” The Frankenstein grunted and patted Taemin’s head. “Good”

Jonghyun explained Minho’s awkward greeting “In his freaken mode, um he kind of speaks strangely. Don’t’ mind him you’ll get use to it.”

“Where is our bass player?” Jinki asked. Key informed them that he was busy chasing after a meal and had already left for the night. Apparently he was stalking some college student that attended the concert tonight to his blood at the of midnight.

“So everyone this is Taemin. He loves the monster rock genre. He comes here to the club often and we were talking about our favorite bands. Ok so Taemin, you know their names now but let me tell you what they play. Key plays drums.  Jonghyun sings and plays the keyboards, Minho DJ’s and I play guitar…. That’s my band.” Jinki beamed “A bunch of misfits but I love them.” 

 Taemin chirped “So cool. I play bass.”

“Oh really? Cool” Jinki said with his tail wagging so fast it kept hitting Minho in the leg.  To get him to stop wagging into him Minho stole a treat from Key’s pocket and tossed it up into the air and sure enough Jinki leaped up and ate it.

Minho whispered groaned to Key “Hyung, crush, human.”

“Yep, totally has a crush on him.” Key smirked then joked. “I guess you could call it puppy love.” The two started laughing really hard at the pun but Jinki thought they were laughing at him and in a way they were.  So with his wolfy-pubescent immature attitude he poked Key’s cheek hole and pulled the string on Minho’s finger. The finger fell to the floor and Jonghyun tripped on it and also fell to the floor.

Taemin burst out laughing this time: these monster hyung’s were awesomely entertaining.  The group stopped fussing about with one another when he laughed. “So what is a human like you doing in a place like this?”  Jonghyun asked as he got up from the ground and flung Minho’s finger to the poorly stitched man.

“The music.” Taemin answered innocently. 

The vampire added “Well, just be careful. You don’t get gobbled up by a monster.”

“I’m not the only human here and I am not afraid.”

“You have nothing to fear as long as we are around.” Jinki smiled; tail still wagging like crazy into Frankenstein’s leg. “And not all monsters are mean. This is a human friendly venue. Jonghyun is just trying to scare you. But other clubs aren’t as open minded as this place so in places like that you should be careful. And some have a hard time controlling their hunger for human flesh especially when they smell as good as you.” He didn’t’ mean to comment on his smell and how great it was again. His ears flicked cutely hoping Taemin wouldn’t pick up on his feelings that seemed to be growing the longer he was in his presences.

“You. Hurt. Leg.” Minho groaned unable to take the constant thudding of the wolf’s tail. “leg. numb, owwww” he moaned.

Under fuzzy furry cheeks the elder blushed again and mumbled “sorry” and stepped closer to Taemin and away from Minho to not slap his leg again.  Taemin smiled so handsomely as he got nearer. They never stood this close; Jinki bashfully looked away and brought his tail around front to hold between his clasped hands so it wouldn’t hit Taemin by mistake.

Key smiled at the cute pair whom suddenly got really quiet and shy. “Yes, so we’ll protect you, just stick with us, human.” He winked.

Jonghyun mumbled “We will have to have a band meeting again. Joon should know better not to eat humans at this club. Or at all for that matter. It is a rule of our band. No eating humans. I guess it’s a good thing he didn’t meet Taemin. Don’t worry I don’t eat humans, or drink blood or anything gross, Taemin. Well, not anymore.”

“Joon, That is you bass player?” Taemin asked

“mmm” Minho moaned yes.

Which reminded Jinki to help Minho with his finger “sorry ‘bout that.” Key handed him the mini sewing kit from his other pocket that wasn’t filled with doggie treats. Jinki sewed him up in no time.

“mmmm thanks” He groaned a thank you as the band that had been playing earlier returned to the stage and the four monsters and their new human friend rushed back to the front to enjoy the rest of the show. Taemin was bounced around them in their own private mosh pit as the music blared.  Key pushed Taemin into Jinki. Taemin landed chest on chest with the hairy hottie.  Instantly locking eyes with one another, Jinki on instinct was so excited by the contact of the boy against him that he instantly flung back his head and howled his first real howl! Taemin and the others cheered for him. “I did it!” The werewolf said proudly. Taemin could feel something press into his palm. Key winked at him. Taemin looked in his hand; Key had sneakily handed the human a wolfy treat. Taemin tossed it to Jinki for a job well done. Jinki didn’t mind, he wasn’t embarrassed he ate a treat like a dog from the air… because it was his crush that was the one to do it! Jinki was so happy for himself he howled one more time and then returned his attention to the band playing. Frankenstein smiled at the human and groaned, Key winked at him while Jonghyun voiced what they were all thinking “Welcome to our little gang, kiddio.” And with a shove he started the mosh all over again, they slammed Taemin around but mostly into Jinki ;)

After the show and the club had closed the five rockers had been sitting against Taemin’s car talking and having a laugh getting to know each other. They had been chatting so long the sun started to rise. Looking up at the sky slowly turn blue Jonghyun looked worried “I.. I better get going. I’m not wearing sun block and soon the sun will peak above the horizon.”  Taemin slid off the top front of the car “I got ya covered. I got an umbrella.”  

“Thank you kindly.” The vampire smiled, his long fangs accenting his pretty lips.  And by the way Jinki totally looked at his when Taemin opened the car door and searched his car for the umbrella.

When Taemin pulled it out and turned around he saw a tall handsome man where freakenstien had been and a beautiful guy where a decrepit looking Zombie Key had been. Jonghyun being a vamp still looked the same and holy Mary mother of god, the cute werewolf was a y Y man in his human form with shoulder length light brown hair, his dark brown eyes as dark as night peeked out of his long bangs and a smile… a smile so bright its strange how it didn’t turn his vamp friend into dust with its brightness. His arms no longer furry and hairy, his blue shirts’ short selves hugged smooth muscular biceps.  Jinki was stunning; Taemin was frozen, his jaw dropped and his eyes blinked slowly as they were locked on Jinki; Jonghyun took the umbrella from him and opened it quickly just as the sun poured its first light into the parking lot. Jonghyun chuckled and said “yeahhh, so um, monsters are bless with being very attractive during the day time.” He tapped the human’s chin; Taemin closed his mouth. “Whoa” he gasped making Jinki blush ever so cutely which in turn made the human blush a little too and look away. “It helps us capture prey, they, humans, see the hotness and interact with us then when they are unsuspecting we pounce on a meal and they never knew they were on the menu. But don’t worry I don’t blood. And we don’t eat your kind like we said earlier. But I don’t know about wolf boy over here… He is still in his puppy phase. Be careful Jinki might want to eat you.” He teased.

“I wouldn’t eat you Taem. Jonghyun is just being a butthead.”

Taemin smiled at Jinki “I know you wouldn’t. I trust you.” They shared a soft smile….

Minho cleared his throat. “Sooo. It was nice meeting you Taemin. We all had lots of fun. See you on the next club night.”

They all started saying their goodbyes when Jinki asked the human “You want to see us rehearse sometime?”

“Sure! I’d love that.”

Not only was this night the start of a lifelong friendship with the guys that he would become band mates with but it was also the start of a flirty little crush between the wolf and the human...