Tale # 1

Monster Rock

SHINee Horror Show Story time. By jinkijeans….

Tale #1: How Taemin joined a band of monsters.

 

Taemin knows he loves the Monster scene. He goes to all the club nights, loves the music, and has memorized all the lyrics to all the songs to all the cool underground local bands. He eventually befriends a cute werewolf named Jinki. During the conversation Jinki tells him he and his friends have started a band of their own. Taemin is all “COOL!!!!” (Such a fan boy) Jinki introduces him to his mates. Weeks go by. Taemin has been invited to plenty of their band rehearsals that is how close he has gotten to his new friends. He has learned all the songs and really enjoys himself and Jinki’s group. But one day their bass player got a stake to the heart and well, life goes on. Well, his doesn’t but yeah… They need a new bass player and Taemin jumps at the chance.

“You didn’t need two vamps in the band anyway. I can play bass you know? What about me?”

Jonghyun his teeth and with a heavy sigh just stares at him. “Jinki, he is your pet, you handle this thing”

But before Jinki can let him down easy the Zombie, Key, does it and cuts straight to the point. “You’re a human.”

Taemin pouts “But.. But I can play” He mumbles.

“Sorry Taem, rules are rules. We can’t be seen with a human on stage. Your people can listen to the music but you can’t play it.”

“Your people?” Taemin’s pout deepens. He reminds them.  “But I’m a cool people, I mean person. And I already know all your songs. Howl at the moan, Feast on Flesh, Blood is like Wine, The has Fleas, Steak to the heart, and Stitches of A Monster Heart, and Brains or Kimchi. Dudes I know all of them! Those are sooo good, and I can play them!”

Jinki tells him it isn’t safe for a human but Taem doesn’t care.

They patted his shoulder and in the end wouldn’t let him join insisting it is for safety reasons not because he doesn’t have talent or isn’t their friend. What if a mean monster ate Taemin once they saw him on stage? Jinki shrugs and whispers to him “I’ll see if I can talk to them” But the monsters heard him for they all have great hearing (it comes with being a creature of the night) They walked out of the abandoned warehouse they break into weekly to rehearse, leaving Taemin sulking…. but that time gives him time to think. He smiles to himself – he got an idea!

Plan A: bribe them and get on their good side. Show them what they’d miss if he wasn’t around. He’d try Minho first. The human went to Etude House the following day and hand picked out every face cream and skin care product he knew Minho didn’t have but wanted. He then went to another store and bought a pretty basket, ribbon and colorful cellophane with little music notes all over it…… Later that night he met up with the Frankenstein. Minho was handed a beautiful gift basket of beauty products.  The DJ sternly looked at him “And they say monsters are creepy.” He looks at the pretty basket; he knows Taemin took the time and effort in to making it this lovely.  “I’ll take it as a friend but not a bribe to get you in the band.”

“I’m not creepy. No wait I am! I’m scary. grrrrr” He tried his best and failed.

“You don’t even look scary. We’ll have a band meeting to discuss but do not get your hopes up.”

The next day at Jonghyun’s house. Taemin knocked gently on the casket that held the singing vampire. “Wakey wakey, Its almost nightfall, Jonghyun. I’ve brought you breakfast!”

 A hand slipped out between the lid and body of the coffin. The stone chamber creaking at its hinges as it opened and Jonghyun peeked out.  Jonghyun was met with Taemin beaming ear to ear holding a tray of tomato juice in crystal champagne glasses. “I know what you’re doing Taem, it isn’t going to work. And besides, I make my own tomato juice” He takes the glass and drinks it in one gulp anyway. “But you are a true friend.” Sitting the glass back on the silver platter.   

Later that day, Taemin helped Key at the day care center. Taemin wasn’t that found of children as Key was. But that was the point, be nice and see where it leads… Taemin had just finished cleaning up a little boy covered in fingerpaints and playdoh, he waited for Key to finish with the other child and when he did Taemin sighed softly for Key’s ears only “But you know, a human could be useful. I could get more of a human crowd. The token human.” he chuckled weakly. He wasn’t going to give up. After a long conversation of how it’s dangerous for people like himself and the rest of the band being monsters and the dangers of a delicious looking human like Taemin being surrounded by  hungry creatures that would love to feast upon his flesh, he finished helping Key with the children at the daycare and walked home. And on his way the human passed a pet store that was right next to a novelty store. Thinking of Jinki, he entered the pet store…

Jinki heard a knock on his house door. Opened it and was greeted by Taemin holding an extremely large bag of dog food… wolf food. Jinki instantly morphed and was wagging his tail. Taemin smiled and tore open the bag and Jinki delved in head first.

Once Jinki “wolfed” it all down he became man again. Taemin spoke first “Call the band over. I want to say something to everyone.”

Minutes later - As they sat around Taemin didn’t get a chance to speak but that was fine, he had planned it this way… PLAN B!

But he didn’t look fine, he looked pisssed off. It started out as a pout as Jonghyun said “Why did he call a meeting he isn’t the leader of this.” Taemin bawled up his fists as they explained this was for his own good, his safety. They loved him really they did but they couldn’t risk his life for hard rock music. That’s when Jinki noticed how visibly livid the youngest appeared. Even in his “human” body Jinki whined like a concerned wolf pup “Taemin?”

The human boy was turning red, and secretly under his fluffy white-ish blonde hair was a headband and in his clenched fist was a little black box, a remote. Taemin pressed its red button with his thumb and the most realistic devil horns grew from the top of his head freaking out the band; their eyes grew wider in shock. Taemin narrowed his brows, scrunched up his forehead in “anger.” He gave his best evil voice as he could while stepping closer towering over his hyung’s whom were sitting on the sofa. “I’m I scary now!? By the looks on your faces I am. muwhahaha.” He chuckled evilly; he truly did look frightening “I am the spawn of Satan himself!”  

No laughter from them and no adorableness from the youngest. The band blinked and looked to one another and returned their gaze to Taemin.  Jonghyun almost pee’d a little. Jinki stood up and tapped his finger to the tip of Temin’s crimson horns “Och.” Taemin blushed a little and whispered “sorry Jinki, careful it’s sharp” Taemin smiled so sweetly, returning back to his regular self, he was hopeful; he batted his lashes. “Do you guys like it? I know you guys are just protecting me but I think I convinced you guys. Do you think others will believe it? They won’t eat me if I look like the devil, will they? Can I join please please pleaseeeeeeeeee.”

“You are sooo in” The eldest gasped in amazement. They all stood up and hugged their newest member and of course they all took turns wearing the headband. “This will scare the out of them.” Jinki and the others commented.

While Jonghyun tired on the horns, Taemin took Jinki’s hand in his “Sorry again ‘bout that Jinki.”

“It’s okay. It’s my fault anyways. It was super pointy.”

Taemin kissed the long haired man’s hurt finger. Jinki was the one to blush this time. It was so obvious they liked each other. Minho rolled his eyes and teased “Just kiss already damnit.”  The human and the werewolf smiled. Jinki nibbled his bottom lip, while they shared a bashful giggle then broke eye contact…   

One week later the band which became known as The Horror Show, played it’s very first live gig.