Break In

The Twins' Curse

Narrator's POV

HoJin shivered as she shook the water out of her umbrella. Even though she had used one, she was still drenched. She sniffed. Her nose was runny. She carefully placed the umbrella by the doorframe and looked at the white wooden door. She had seen through the windows, that it was completely dark inside. She silently cursed herself for not bringing her raincoat and for wearing slippers. HoJin's shivering, cold and pale hand slowly reached for the doorbell. She waited. When she heard no movement from the house, she pressed the bell again.

And again.

And again.

After standing at the door for about five minutes, HoJin grew impatient and decided to peek through a window. In a rush, she forgot her umbrella and quickly made her way to the back of the house. She peered in through the kitchen windows. The blinds weren't drawn, which was strange. She frowned. She could just make out the familiar kitchen and the living room at the back. Suddenly, the lightning flash and thunder crashed.

In that split second of light, HoJin saw that inside the kitchen, stood a girl. The girl from before. HoJin stumbled back and fell into a pile of rose thorns, panting. She scrambled up and ignoring the pain she felt, she looked around for an entrance. Seeing none, she grabbed a rock and threw it into the window. The window shattered. HoJin clambered inside the house, shivering and bleeding. She stumbled around trying to find the light switch. When she did, she flicked it on.

She made her way to the living room and did the same. There was food and tissues scattered everywhere. She grabbed some clean tissues and wiped her bleeding hand and wet face. Then she realised something. The house was too silent. There was hardly any breathing to be heard. Nobody had noticed her 'break-in.'

HoJin shivered and gulped. She carefully tiptoed into the dark hallway and the lights. She quietly opened the doors to each room, stepping back as the door flung open. There was no-one in any of the rooms.

At the last door, the bathroom, HoJin felt a cold breath breathing down her neck. She heard a faint whisper, but she shook off that feeling. She heard the faint trickling of water. She quickly flung the door open and looked in.

It was dark, but not dark enough for her. She could still see that there was nobody inside the bathroom. There was no running water.

HoJin looked into the mirror. She saw a dark movement, before her world out.

+_+