Dream

The Twins' Curse

Narrator's POV

Lightning flashed across the dark sky. The sound of thunder vibrated through the air. There was a visitor in HoJin's house, but no one knew it... except maybe one person.

The presence was felt by HoJin. Her eyes opened instantly, as if struck by electricity. She looked as if she had just woken up from a nightmare. Her hair stuck to her sweaty face. Her nails were digging into the bed. At her side, HanYi slept, peacefully and unaware of her surroundings.

Standing by the closed door, was a figure. A figure with long black hair that swept just above the floor. A girl. A girl wearing a white night-gown stained bloody red.

HoJin panted and slowly sat up. She frowned when she saw her hands. They were wet with dark looking liquid. She looked at her night gown. It was bloody red.  She wanted to scream but no sound was coming out. Her eyes darted to the mirror. Her hair was messy. Her face was bloody. Her eyes widened. 

Suddenly, a figure appeared next to her in the mirror. The girl tilted her head and revealed her face that was hidden behind her long hair. HoJin's eyes widened in horror when she realized the girl was a mirror image of her. Suddenly, the girl's eyes became darker and darker, until the whites of her eyes were no longer there. Her eyes were deep and almost as if hollow. slowly melted open and a piercing scream was heard.

HoJin covered her ears and screamed.

Beside her, HanYi woke up. "HoJin-ah! Gwenchana? Gwenchana?"

HoJin trembled as she pointed to the mirror. "She's over there! She's in the mirror! She was all bloody! I'm all bloody! Her eyes! They were pit black!" She began to sob.

Dongwoo and Hoya came running in. "What's wrong?" The boys both chorused.

HanYi replied, "I don't know! She just screamed and started talking about someone in the mirror all bloody!"

Hoya HoJin's head soothingly. He said in a calm voice, "Shh... now HoJin, tell oppa what happened."

She looked up at him and grabbed his arms. "O-oppa. She-she was in the mir-mirror. She looked like me. I woke up. I had b-blood. She was there. She had blood. Her eyes were bl-black. There was blood everywhere. H-her hair was-was so-so long. I had a dr-dream. Sungyeol-oppa. S-sulli-unnie. They were in it. I-I was there. At Sulli-unnie's h-house. She-she, the ga-ga-girl in the mirror killed Sulli-unnie and strangled Sungyeol-oppa. No-no! I did it!" HoJin shook her head frantically. Her hands covered her ears as if blocking out something.

Hoya hugged her. "It was just a dream. Shh... Don't worry."

HoJin pulled away. "Ani! It wasn't a dream! It... it's r-real! I sa-saw it with ma-ma-my own eyes. You have to call Sungyeol-oppa! Sulli-unnie! We have to sa-save them!" She stumbled into Dongwoo's arms. "Oppa, y-you've got to-got to be-believe me."

Dongwoo bit his lip and said, "HoJin-ah, calm down. You just had a nightmare. It's fine. Look. You're not bloody at all."

HoJin's breathing started to calm down. She looked down at her gown. It was perfectly white, just a bit ruffled. "But...but, it was real. I mean... it-it felt so real."

HanYi sighed and said, "Well, it was a nightmare. Let's go back to sleep now."

Dongwoo and Hoya nodded and went back into their own rooms after kissing HoJin goodnight. HanYi yawned and plopped down onto the bed again. HoJin slowly laid down as well. She bit her lip as she rolled onto her side, facing the wall. The lightning flashed and thunder clapped. It sent shivers down HoJin's spine.

She was wide awake. And still unsure. After five minutes, when she was certain everyone else was sleeping, she slipped out of her bed and into her Hello Kitty slippers. She grabbed her phone and went out of her room. She tiptoed down the stairs and out of the house.

She grabbed a random black umbrella then walked out of the house and into the rain. She looked at her phone and checked the time. It was three o'clock in the morning. She bit her lip and looked at the dark surroundings around her. She was scared. But she had to go. She had to go to Sulli's house and find out if everything was okay.

+_+