Eight

Love? Loved?

Throwback.. I will explain why Hakyeon hates Taekwoon so much in this chapter...


- May 2008 -

Hakyeon was humming happily as he walked down the street. He had been happy and excited since morning as he was going to celebrate his 3rd anniversary with his boyfriend. He then entered one of the jewelry shop to get the couple rings that he had specially designed and ordered for this special occasion.

He smiled brightly as he sees the couple rings. The rings were beautiful just like how he had imagined. He paid for the rings then proceeded to the chocolate shop nearby, wanting to get his boyfriend a box of chocolate as well.

After getting every gift ready, Hakyeon took a cab to the restaurant that he had been reserved for the night. He kept smiling as he waiting for his boyfriend to arrive. An hour past and he started to feel worry as his boyfriend is usually punctual, if the other would be late, he would have texted Hakyeon, not letting him waiting alone like this.

Hakyeon pouted and planned to scold his boyfriend upon the other’s arrival as he had been tired of waiting for the other. His phone rang just when he gonna called his boyfriend. To his surprise, it wasn’t from his boyfriend but from the hospital, informing him that his boyfriend was sent to the hospital due to accident. He immediately dashed out from the restaurant and rushed to the hospital with a cab.

He ran to the emergency ward as soon as he arrived. The nurses blocked him from entering the ward as the doctors were performing surgery on his boyfriend. He cried helplessly outside the ward, sitting on the chair while buried his face in his palms. Out of all times, why must it be on our anniversary.. I have the night planned perfectly… why… he thought sadly and continued crying.

He then learnt from the nurses that his boyfriend was involved in a car accident. However, the one who should be responsible for the accident was the other driver as the driver drove against the traffic. Hakyeon busted with anger as he knew the truth.

Just when he thought that life had been hard on him, the doctor announced that his boyfriend passed away during the surgery. He screamed like a mad man at the corridor, not minding that he was actually in hospital and he had to keep quiet.

“Are you the other driver’s family?”

A question came from nowhere and Hakyeon turned around. In front of him, it was a well-dressed man who stood in front of him.

“I’m his boyfriend. Who are you? Are you the driver?” Hakyeon asked harshly, he swore that if the man in front of him was the other drive he would have punched him to death.

“I’m the lawyer for my client. I’m not the driver.” The man explained calmly.

“What do you want?” Hakyeon asked with his blood-shot eyes.

“My client wished that we can solve this issue in silent.. which means you will not report it or bring it to the court..” the man said again.

“Are you asking me to keep my mouth shut?” Hakyeon said and glared at the so called lawyer. He was already upset at the news that his boyfriend had passed away and now he could not even fight for the justice.

“No worries. We will pay you more than enough for you to carry on your life and your boyfriend’s funeral.” The man continued, avoiding from answering the question directly.

Hakyeon scoffed, this was why he does not like rich people. Why are all the rich people in the world thought that they can control the world with their money? As much as Hakyeon wanted to decline that offer and fought for justice, he knew that he could not afford his college tuition fees. He and his boyfriend barely survived with the salaries they got from several part time jobs. They were forced to work extra hard to have a decent life and able to afford for the necessities in their life.

“Okay. I accept it” Hakyeon said sadly. Life could be so harsh and mean sometimes, Hakyeon thought. He could not help but felt disappointed at himself as he received the cheque from the other.

“I’m sorry for your loss. But I hope that this accident will remain silent from this moment onwards.” The lawyer said and bowed then turned around to leave.

Hakyeon looked at the lawyer back and found that the lawyer talked to a rather young man who was around his age.

“Mr Kim. Is everything settle?” the young man asked.

“Yes. No worries. I have everything settled” The lawyer said.

“It should be. People like them could have agreed easily with that amount of money” the young man said without a hint of guilt.

As Hakyeon listened to the conversation, he felt like throwing up. How can one be so evil?

“The real world is always realistic, Taekwoon” the lawyer said. The young man then nodded then walked away with his lawyer beside him.

So the other driver was Taekwoon? I will find you one day and have my revenge on you.. I will let you know the pain of losing someone you love.. and you will know that money is not everything…


Finally I have updated this story... I'm so sorry for neglecting this story >.<

I'm back to it.. Thanks to those who have waited for it.. 

It may be short but I will be back with a longer chapter for the story.. this is just explaining part of the story..

Enjoy reading :D