Mansae! pt.2 [Fin]

The Stony Prince and The Cat

Blinded by love, I want go slowly lock my fingers with your smooth hands, boy (Don't push me anymore) ♬

Mingyu stood behind the railings of the school's rooftop. His mind was filled with thoughts of Jihoon alone despite how it screamed that it was enough. He really wanted to stop.

He really wanted to give the boy up.

This battle was getting tiring.

First it was the cute girl from Class 1-6, now the boy's best friend himself, Kwon Soonyoung.

He had so many rivals in Jihoon's heart.

And Jihoon barely even turned his way.

But even still, his heart states otherwise. His mind screamed to give up. Yet his heart whispered to keep moving forward. Somehow, it could feel that he was getting closer to the boy. He was getting closer to the person who owns it. But what if he'll get hurt again? Although it wasn't obvious, Mingyu was no masochist. He didn't like it when his heart would beat in an imaginable speed thus resulting to this pain he had become accustomed of.

His eyes fell on his open palms, the wind carelessly blowing through his styled locks.

He remembered how much he wanted to hold Jihoon's hand.

How much he longed to intertwine his fingers to his just like how that girl did.

'Hyung? Should I really give up on you?'

'Are you happy that I'm not bothering you anymore?'

'Will you be more happy if you were with Soonyoung hyung?'

Mingyu took a deep breath, his eyes diverted from his open palm to the scenary before him. He had to decide once and for all.

He had to make a decision.

Give Jihoon up or continue pursuing him. Maybe even kidnap him or something, just so that he can finally call the boy his.

He had to think.

He was getting desperate.

After for a few seconds...

... he screamed.

Then sprinted out of the school rooftop. He ran through the crowded hallways filled with spectators from different schools and establishments, but that didn't hindered him from running as fast as he could. He was looking for a familiar face. Someone he wanted to speak with all his heart. And when he saw that person, Mingyu wasted no time and sprinted even faster to his direction.

Soonyoung nearly felt his own soul left his body when someone yanked him away from his friends. What shocked him even further was the sight of Mingyu gasping for air while grasping his arm rather tightly.

"Y-yah! What's your prob–"

"Shush! Come with me."

. Did this ungrateful child just ordered him?!

"Where the hell are you taking me?" Mingyu kept quiet as he made their way to the crowded hall. The feat irked Soonyoung more. Jihoon had already been ignoring him ever since that he could remember and now this? Was the months of courting Jihoon slowly turned Mingyu someone like that friend of his?

Is this the well known 'Jihoonie's virus'?!

And why was this kid running too fast?! Don't he know how hard it is to not bump into people at this speed?!

On a different note, Soonyoung nearly choked when he finally noticed where Mingyu had taken him.

The school's huge garden.

Aka the place where lovers meet and do things lovers do. From the innocent and pure ones to the dirty things that you could think of.

IS HE THE NEW TARGET OF THIS MINGYU?!

The tall boy let his arms go before he turned his back to him. Mingyu was thinking of the right words to say. He wanted some answers, he wanted to finally decide what to do with his hopeless feelings towards the pink fairy of the student council. Quite oblivious to how Soonyoung had dramatically reacted upon being dragged to the infamous place.

"Hyung, I really want to– what's wrong?" Mingyu frowned upon noticing how Soonyoung had looked rather flustered from his spot. The older boy was clutching the hem of his shirt, eyes all over the place except on Mingyu. Then after a moment of awkward silence, Soonyoung finally chose to say something. Although Mingyu didn't really expected this.

"M-mingyu ah. You're really handsome, and kind, and hard working, albeit a little bit of an airhead, you're also kinda annoying," Soonyoung started. Slightly hesitating on how to drop the bomb without hurting the underclassman's feelings that much. "B-but I'm afraid, I can't accept your feelings." Then he bowed a perfect ninety degrees bow.

Mingyu was even more confused at this point. He only wanted to clarify some things that's why he went looking for the upperclassman but here he was, spouting some nonsenses that he have no idea if he'll be flattered or insulted.

"Umm... what the hell are you talking about?" Mingyu quirked an eyebrow. Soonyoung's head snapped up at that. Confusion written all over his face.

"I'm rejecting you?" He answered, unsure of how to decode the way the underclassman reacted to his rejection. Was it the same with Jihoon?

"For what?"

"What do you mean 'for what'?" The chinky boy straightened out, starting to get annoyed of how the tall boy was acting to his rejection. He should be crying! Much better if he'll throw a fit! Anything just to show how disappointed he is! "Didn't you drag me here to confess?"

"What? Of course not. You're not my type."

Ouch. Soonyoung felt his eyes twitch in annoyance. "Hah! Shut up! You're not my type either! Y-you're not even cute, b-baka!"

Baka?

What on bloody earth is a 'baka'?

Mingyu shook his head. "Anyway hyung, there's something that I want to ask of you. And I want you to answer me in all honesty..." Soonyoung stopped his internal rambling at how serious Mingyu looked.

Base from the way he stared at the older boy, he was quite determined. Even if he don't say it, he knew that this has something to do with his best friend. What else would it be anyway if not confessing his undying love to Soonyoung?

Mingyu took a deep breath and stared at him straight in the eyes. "How much do you love Jihoon hyung?"

Soonyoung's eyes turned wide. He opened his mouth, he wanted to contradict the boy's words. He wanted to deny it. Really deny it. But seriously? How on bloody earth did he found out? Far as he know, he tried his best to not let his real feelings show.

Then everything clicked.

"You saw that?!" He exclaimed, to which Mingyu shook his head.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Just..." The boy trailed off, he wanted erase the image of Soonyoung kissing Jihoon as much as he could. Call him possessive, but he believes that he's the only one who was allowed to do that. "Just answer my question. How much do you love Jihoon hyung?"

Soonyoung ruffled his hair and sighed. The boy bit his lower lip, contemplating on whether he'll give the underclassmen the answer he was asking.

How much he asks?

He chuckled.

How much...

"More than you could think of."

Both boys stood face to face, no one dared to make any movement. Mingyu stared at Soonyoung with a blank expression, his words echoed throughout the corners of his head. Soonyoung had his chin held high, that was the first time that he admitted his feelings to anyone.

God knows how hard it was on his part. Seeing the one he had fallen in love with for such a long time slowly falling for a boy that is not him. It was hard.

"Then why didn't you told him?" The younger of the two asked.

Soonyoung shook his head. "It's not as easy as you think. I'm not as courageous as you..."

Mingyu clenched his fist. "I see... So that's how it is." He sighed, walking pass through the upperclassman after a few moments of silence. Mingyu stopped a few meters away from Soonyoung.

"Then, hyung... I will not be like you anymore... I promise you before this day ends..." He resumed walking, already formulating a plan on his mind.

"I can finally call Jihoon hyung mine."

The place was a mess.

With only a few hours before the competition, everyone was panicking. Students ran from here to there. Some were carrying different sort of dresses. Others were screaming for their companions to hurry up.

Jihoon sighed. He wrapped the Pororo blanket around him even tighter. The boy slumped into his seat, eyes closing as he tried to block the sound as much as he could. They were currently at the back stage of the auditorium. People were busy preparing their contenders for the show.

Except for a certain group.

More like except for a certain contestant. The pink haired boy gave no slightest care about how everyone was going through a frenzy. He merely closed his eyes with huge disinterest. Well from the first place, what the hell was he supposed to do? His crew was no where in sight.

Jeonghan went out to buy more accessories, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu went out as well, looking for the former's older sister because she was the one who was supposed to apply Jihoon's make up. And Minghao? Well, Minghao was sitting beside him while staring at everyone with his usual confused expression.

"Hyung?" He poked the older boy's shoulder. "What are they doing?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

"They're preparing for tonight's competition." Jihoon answered, eyes still closed.

"Oh..." Minghao nodded. "Then what are we doing?"

The older boy sighed. Sometimes he wonders just how clueless the Chinese boy could be. "We're doing nothing."

He murmured, ready to drift into a undisturbed slumber. Minghao nodded. He still have questions but seeing the older boy ready to sleep he pushed those questions aside. He intertwine his fingers together, eyes darting from here to there.

He blinked.

Then again.

It wasn't an understatement that Minghao was getting bored out of his mind. Lucky for him, he didn't had to wait much longer. Chaeyoung and Tzuyu came rushing in from the entrance, with the former dragging a girl with hair cut as short as a boys'.

"Oppa! We're here!" Chaeyoung greeted to which Jihoon responded with a grunt. He opened his left eye, he scoffed at the girl who was with them.

"Thought you'd never come." He commented. The other girl responded to that with a scoff of her own. She rolled her eyes but grin and pulled Jihoon's chair towards the mirror.

"I'm so sorry for making you wait, my princess." She said and placed her make up kit on top of the table. Proceeding in tilting his chin upward, the girl gave him a smile that is highly comparable to that of a prince. Her eyes shined with mischief, something that he sadly had come accustomed of. "But the No-fun Hyung is here and she'll make you the fairest lady of the land!"

The girl, which Minghao later learned as the one called Jeongyeon, wasted no time in beautifying Jihoon. She patted some concealer onto his skin which was then followed by BB cream and foundation. She drew on the boy's face effortlessly. Patting some eye shadows and eyeliner onto his eyes. Which ranged from the lightest to the darkest and yet she still managed to make the make up appear to be natural.

She took some lipstick from her box and leaned down to apply it onto his lips.

Jeongyeon motioned Tzuyu to give her the pink hair extensions. The younger girl complied and took it from the rack. They did some little more addition to his make up, even curling the extension. After for what feels like forever, the trio was finally done with their masterpiece.

They leaned back and admired the boy before them.

Jeonghan, who just arrived, felt his breath leaving his body upon seeing the boy. He was holding the fully decorated flower crown slash veil on his hand. The older boy smiled softly when he finally got ahold of himself. He approached Jihoon with slow steps, proceeding to putting the crown onto his head.

"I wasn't wrong when I chose you..." He grinned and squeezed the short boy's shoulder.

"You are definitely the fairest of the land."

Jihoon heave a breath.

Then another.

He bit his lips and blew another breath. He was nervous alright. What the hell have he gotten himself into anyway? Why did he agreed to this on the first place? Dressing as a girl? Wearing make up like a girl? Making himself look like a girl? Never in Jihoon's wildest dream had he thought of doing this.

To put everything worse his mom and stupid little brother was already seated at one of the chairs in the auditorium. No doubt they brought a camera with them.

He was so screwed.

Add to that fact was that the other contenders were looking at him weirdly.

Whenever Jihoon would look at them, they would turn their head to the other side with a very noticeable blush. Jihoon never felt more embarrassed in his entire life. He wanted to dig a hole that very moment.

"Relax." Soonyoung squeezed his hand. A feat which was supposed to calm him down and yet it wasn't working. On normal occasion, Jihoon would have probably laughed his out that time. Because like him, Soonyoung was also dressed as a girl. A beautiful Chinese Princess or something. The boy failed to mention that he was also part of this competition. But his nervousness was greater than the urge to humiliate his chinky eyed friend. "Just look at me, I'm not even nervous."

"That's because you're shameless." Jihoon grumbled. He pulled the veil he was wearing to hide his already red face. "God, I want to runaway from here."

Soonyoung gasped at that. He faced his friend and grasped both of his shoulders. "You can't Jihoon ah! You just don't runaway the day of your wedding! NO BRIDE WILL LEAVE ON SUCH IMPORTANT DAY."

can this boy stop making a scene?

Jihoon rolled his eyes and slapped his hands away. "There's such thing as a runaway bride, stupid. And just because I'm wearing a wearing dress it doesn't mean that I'm getting married."

"True." Soonyoung nodded. "But seriously you shouldn't do that to your groom."

Jihoon tiredly sighed and crossed his arms. "I don't have one. And please shut up. You're not helping."

Soonyoung blushed and turned the other way, muttering a quiet 'I could be your groom if you want'. To which the small boy failed to hear as the event organizer finally barge in. They told each contestant the position they will take and Jihoon nearly groaned.

He was the last one to enter the auditorium.

Were these people messing up with him? Just because he was wearing a wedding gown it doesn't mean that he have to be the last. For Pete's sake, this wasn't even a real wedding!

Jihoon was about to contradict their decisions when 'Yearning of the heart' started to play on the stereo.

Each of the contestant lined up base on the position given to them. When the gate finally opened, the first person started walking along the red carpet lyed by the organizers.

Spectators clapped, some laughed with how their family looked while Jihoon was left to wait for his turn.

Five person were left.

His heart started beating in unimaginable speed.

Then four...

He took another breath.

Three...

He held the bouquet close to his heart, veil already pushed back to reveal his face.

Two...

Jihoon looked up. Seeing the long runway somewhat made him more nervous than he already was.

He took another breath and gave the best smile that he could muster. Remembering the tips that Jeonghan gave him, Jihoon took a step.

Then another.

And another.

Until he was already walking through the red carpet of the auditorium. The boy focused on the song and the walking. He blocked all sort of sound, the clapping, the cheering of his friends, the comments of the host, everything. And strange enough all seemed to disappear in a glimpse of an eye.

Instead, the auditorium that was once filled with people turned into an wedding venue. The stage turned into an altar.

'At the tip of the altar is where his groom will wait.'

There was one person who stood at the very end of the aisle.

'The one who will promise him forever.'

His smile still as dashing as how Jihoon remembers.

He's still as handsome as how he remembered him to be. That grin that he had come to love. Those eyes that looked at him with full of love. That stupid smile that made Jihoon's heart beat twice as fast than normal.

The same person that he wanted to see at the very end of the aisle.

The very same person that owns his heart. The same person who made him feel what it's like to be treated as the most beautiful being in the whole wide universe. The very same person who, with all his efforts, finally owns every last piece of his entire being.

But this wasn't a fairy tale.

And at some point, Jihoon had to wake up.

He realized he was already standing in the middle of the stage. The illusion that he saw earlier completely gone, like a wind that kisses him on his cheeks. The flashing of the cameras and the cheering hit him like a tidal wave.

Jihoon tried his best not to waver. He still smiled but it lacked any sincerity that he wanted.

He was disappointed, but he knew there was no one to blame but himself. He let the person who loved him more than anyone else go. And said person was probably already happy with someone else as he wallows in self pity in front of these people.

"Oh wow! Truly what a beautiful bride we have here!" The emcee gushed as she and her partner stood beside Jihoon. "Did you saw how the crowd reacted when he finally entered? Like all seemed to stop whatever they were doing and stared at him in awe."

Her partner chuckled and nodded approvingly. "I couldn't blame them. If my bride were as beautiful as he I would be as awestruck. Just look at him! You can't even tell that he's a boy! Seems like the Student Council is at it again."

"Oh yeah." The girl nodded approvingly. "Jeonghan really nailed it last year! I am so glad I get to see this beauty before I graduate, my whole life is fulfilled."

"Well I'm already fulfilled with standing beside him, It makes me feel like I'm the groom or something." The boy grinned.

"Oooooooh. So you're saying that you're willing to be Jinah's groom?" The girl quirked her eyebrows, using the given female name of Jihoon which made the short boy flush red.

"Maybe." Her partner shrugged before turning his attention to Jihoon. "What do you think? Am I cut enough to be your groom, Jinah ah?"

If rolling his eyes wouldn't lessen his points, Jihoon would've rolled his eyes to the point of no return with this guy's flirting. "I don–"

"STOP!"

Jihoon nearly lost his balance at the sudden interruption. Everyone snapped their head to the intruder who was gasping for air at the entrance. He raised his left hand. His hair was tousled and his uniform was at the same state. Yet the intruder paid that no in mind. He stood straight, sprinting towards the stage after, eyes fixed on the bride with the pink hair who stood in shock.

"M-mingyu?" Jihoon stuttered when he was finally standing in front of him, to which the boy responded with a very dazzling grin.

"I'm sorry I'm late, hyung. I had to buy our wedding rings first."

Cue, a very noticeable blush from the older boy.

"Y-yah! What the he–"

He found his words got cut off yet again when Mingyu pushed his index finger onto the boy's lips. "Shhhh. Just let me talk." The tall boy faced the host who looked stunned by the sudden intrusion. "I'm sorry, sunbaenim. But you can't be his groom. That spot is already taken; by me."

"Mingyu!"

The boy ignored his protest at that point on. He even took the microphone from the male emcee. Mingyu walked to the tip of the stage. "Listen here. After I graduate, I'm going to drag Jihoon hyung to America and we are going to get married! I don't care if you'll judge us. I don't care about those kind of stuffs anymore. What I know is that I love him with all of my heart and to me, that's all that matters!"

He took a deep breath and searched for a familiar face among the crowd until his eyes fell on Seungcheol who was gawking at him. "Seungcheol hyung, I'm so sorry if that girl chose neither of you and Wonwoo. But I have to apologize again," Mingyu nodded to himself. "Because I'm going to do this."

He then turned around and much to everyone's surprise, he scoop Jihoon in his arms. The latter gasped at the feat, his arms unconsciously wrapping around the tall boy's neck. "Let's runaway, Hyung!" Jihoon couldn't even form a reply as the tall boy ran out of the venue.

He wasn't sure what was happening.

Everything was going too fast.

The wind touched his cheeks tenderly like a mother's touch as Mingyu ran. Jihoon could hear it. The sound of his beating heart, the sound of both of their hearts fused as one. Mingyu's scent. His strong arms. His lovely grin.

Is he still dreaming?

Jihoon looked up and stared at the boy who carried him.

He wasn't dressed as a groom.

Yet, he still claimed as the one. He even did a scene for that. Jihoon was embarrassed, more embarrassed than he had ever been.

He had already lost count of the times where Mingyu made him want to dig a hole and bury himself alive. The younger boy definitely needed some self restraints. Or you know, a little bit of a common sense.

Still, be also couldn't deny the fact that how happy he felt being held by the boy like this.

Mingyu silently climbed the stairs, silently praying that this moment would last. That the moment that he put Jihoon down will finally mark the happily ever after that he longed to have with the short boy.

He sighed, hand shaking as they finally reached the end of the stairs and made his way to the middle of the rooftop. This was where he first admitted that he love the short boy. This was where for the first time in his life that someone rejected him. This was where he had decided that Jihoon will be his and only his.

And this is where he plans on promising the short boy his forever.

Mingyu silently put the boy to his feet. His hands grasping Jihoon's hands close to his chest. The nervousness that he felt could not be compared to anything.

"Hyung." He said. "I'm sorry for ignoring you for nearly three months... It's just that... I was really hurt when I saw you with that girl."

"I love you, hyung..."

"Please don't fall for anyone, I will get jealous." He shyly grinned and leaned down. Jihoon could only stare at him with wide eyes, cheeks painted in red. He gulped when Mingyu was only a few inches away from his face. He could feel the taller boy's breath, he was too close. Yet he doesn't seemed to mind. Jihoon likes the way the younger boy stared at him with all his heart.

He likes him.

He loves him.

"Hyung..." Mingyu murmured. "Please marry me..."

Jihoon wanted to laughed at the statement, he barely was even in legal age to marry and yet he was already asking the pink fairy about those kind of things. He scoffed and tilted his head to the side making the tall boy pout. Mingyu then chose to kiss the side of his ear, giving the short boy goose bumps. "Please?" He murmured.

"Why should I?" The short boy asked playfully, mischief shinning through his eyes. Mingyu grinned and tilted his head so that he was finally facing him. The tall boy leaned close, as close as their lips were now almost touching.

"Because you love me." And he didn't wasted anymore time, he finally fused both of their lips together.

Under the moonlight and stars, two hearts become as one. Two people who are both the polar opposites of the other. One who refused to admit the love that he felt, the other never gave up on what he thought was right.

Jihoon had decided to not lie about his feelings anymore.

This was right.

Kissing the boy like this.

Being held by Mingyu like this.

Despite the countless headaches he had given him, he never felt something as right as this.

Yes this was right.

"Yeah, sure..." Jihoon murmured once their lips parted. "I'll marry you, you erted underclassman."

Wait boy, don't ever melt for someone else, I'll get jealous. From now on I will call you mine. I'm timid but attentive, from now on just look at me, my baby. ♪♬

Word count: 4285

I finished it. (ಥ_ಥ) I can't believe I actually managed to complete a chaptered fic. I'm so happy. 〒▽〒 )

To those who had voted, who never failed to comment on every chapters, those who subscribed to this, thank you so very much. I'm sorry if the ending kind of  disappointed you. I'm suri. But i love  you tho. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

GOOD BYEEEEEE. 

MANSAE MANSAE MANSAE YEAH