Because of You

The Stony Prince and The Cat

Sobs.

Groan.

Series of 'I'm so stupid's filled the four walls of Mingyu's room. The boy groaned into his pillow even further as he remembered the thing that he did to Jihoon the other day. Just when he thought that he was finally a step closer to taking Jihoon's heart, he just had to do that. Mingyu knew that Jihoon was furious. If the way the short boy glared at him wasn't enough proof, the punch that he received sure was.

"Jihoon hyung..." He sobbed. "I'm sorry, please forgive me... Jihoon hyung..."

"Jihoon hyung." 

No answer.

Of course. 

He was alone after all, what was he expecting? Wonwoo was busy winning the girl that he likes, which was also the same person his cousin likes. And Hansol was out there partying. The rest of his friends? He had no idea.

"Mingyu ah!" his mom called from the kitchen. "Dinner's ready! Come and get it!" 

No answer from Mingyu.

"Mingyu ah!" she called again but to no avail, he still wasn't answering. The woman sighed and rested her hands on her hips. Her eyes landed onto her husband who had already started eating. "Yah, what's gotten into him?" she asked. 

The man looked up from his food then upstairs. He just shrugged and muttered a 'what's new?' before he resumed eating.

They were aware of Mingyu's obsession with someone of the same gender. It was hard to take in at first, having your only son loving someone that wasn't a girl. But they loved Mingyu and spoiled him to bits, so even if it was hard, they had come to accept Mingyu's preference for a lover.

And besides, when their boy showed them a picture of Jihoon, they understood why.

Mrs. Kim sighed and shook her head. She wasn't used to eating without Mingyu around, so she started marching to his room. She knocked first before entering. There she saw Mingyu sprawled out on his bed, face buried in his pillow. If she knew better, she might think that he was already dead.

"Mingyu ah?" she cooed to which the boy responded with a grunt. "What's wrong?" Mingyu felt the bed dip as she sat on it.

"I messed up..." the boy said, voice slightly muffled by his pillow. "Hyung hates me now."

Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes. She wanted to say something sarcastic but thought otherwise, her son looked genuinely distressed. "I'm sure he doesn't." The female spoke, running her fingers through his son's hair. She knew it relaxed him, and most of the time Mingyu definitely needed to relax. "Unless you did something really unforgivable."

"…"

"…"

He didn't, did he? Mrs. Kim nervously chuckled as she stared at her still unmoving son. "Mingyu, what did you do?" Mingyu gulped. "Kim Mingyu, what did you do?" She repeated, now standing at the side of his bed.

Mingyu slowly removed his face from his pillow, puppy eyes ready because he knew that his mother would not let him get away with this. He slowly sat up, not able to meet his mother's eyes when she gave him a glare.

"P-promise me you won't get mad first." Mingyu attempted to pull an aegyo but that seemed to fuel her anger even further. She was now tapping her feet impatiently, so with a shaking voice Mingyu spilled everything to his mother.

And you know what happened?

Mingyu got spanked hard with a ruler.

"So who are we going to register for the cross dressing competition?" Joshua asked one afternoon.

The Student Council was having their meeting for the Spring Festival which was happening in three months. They had approved some activities and rejected some. They had to make sure that everything will be perfect, as it was every year. The Festival that their school holds has this reputation of being extravagant. The school will be opened to the public and the spectators must enjoy every second of it.

And now they were down to the unbreakable tradition the school has:

The cross dressing competition.

"I thought Jeonghan-hyung was going to represent us?" Seokmin stated. Soonyoung, despite not being part of the Student Council, shook his head.

"No, no, no. People are already expecting that." He said and took a bite of the apple in his hand. "We must give everyone something that they least expect."

"He's right," Seongcheol nodded and crossed his arms. "And Jeonghan already won last year. Even if he were to join again, he'll be disqualified."

"So who will it be? Joshua hyung?" Minghao blinked innocently, a suggestion that made said Joshua choke. The older boy blushed and shook his head rapidly, saying that he'll probably faint in the middle of the competition due to embarrassement.

Jeonghan sighed and tried his best not to laugh. "We need someone with confidence, Joshua is pretty but what he said is true. And also we need someone who will look good wearing a girl's clothes, with a slim body like a female. Someone who can make not only the female population but also the males fall with his cuteness." The vice president cupped his chin as he thought hard. "Someone who is as cute as a kitten. Someone with a charm that no one can resist... Someone like..." Then his eyes fell on the only occupant that cared less about this stuffs.

"Hmm... Good luck on finding one." Jihoon mindlessly murmured as he did his homework., paying no attention to the topic the council was having. His job was already over and he could care less whom they chose for the competition.

Unknown to him, everyone had turn silent the moment that he spoke. All eyes fell on him and as if nearly on cue, they all exchanged knowing glances.

No need to think even further.

They finally found the perfect person for the competition.

And Jihoon was screwed.

'Please meet me at the rooftop.'

Jihoon crumpled the paper and shoved his books back into his locker. He wasn't willing to forgive Mingyu just yet. The hickey that he left was causing him major troubles. It was already hard hiding it from his annoying brother, what more to his friends? Well, Jihoon knew that he was also to be blamed about it. If only he didn't gave in so easily.

The boy blushed as the scene flashed again in his head, making his heart beat faster that normal.

Jihoon shook his head and slammed his locker shut. But he nearly had an heart attack when he saw Mingyu standing just beside him.

"Yah! What the hell?!" He snarled and took a step back. Mingyu pouted. He knew that Jihoon was going to ignore his letter so he decided to man up and see the boy himself.

"Hyung," He tried reaching out but Jihoon, much to his shock, slapped his hand away.

Okay that hurt.

Jihoon was also startled by his action, his eyes grew large as he stared at Mingyu. What's even worse was the fact that they were on public. People strangely stopped whatever they were doing and stared at the two boys. No one dared to speak, Jihoon's heart was thumping widely in his chest and Mingyu was looking at him with this hurt expression.

"M-mingyu," The short boy said. Normally Mingyu never failed to feel so happy whenever Jihoon would say his name, but that time there was something that's making him feel so uneasy. It's not like it Jihoon had never hit him before. "I-I–"

"Oppa!"

A high pitched voice cut through the silence like a sharp knife. She made her way through the frozen crowd and her smile was directed to the only person that had made Mingyu's heart go wild. And that moment, Mingyu finally understood what was making him so uneasy.

It was a girl.

A very cute girl.

"Oppa! Are you ready?" Mingyu could only watch as the said girl grabbed Jihoon's hand and interlock her fingers with his. Her dimples showing as she smiled at Jihoon affectionately. She then diverted her eyes to Mingyu. "Hello!" She greeted.

The boy felt dizzy.

How come he never knew about this?

No, the right question was how could he be so blind and not notice?

Of course there was a reason to why Jihoon was so annoyed by his affection.

There was a reason to why he'll never have the Pink Fairy's heart. There was always a reason for everything.

And most of the time, said reasons hurt more than how it should be.

Mingyu could only laugh bitterly at his stupidity.

"T-this is..."

The tall boy took a step back. He shook his head, he was trying his hardest not to cry. He was already making a fool of himself all throughout the times that he chased Jihoon like a lost pup, it was about time that he wake up from his delusions.

He turned his back from them, letting his feet ran as fast as he could. Mingyu ignored Jihoon's calls. He ignored how his heart ache to tell said boy one more time how he felt.

It was already too much...

And he finally had enough.

Wonwoo gaped at his friend.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing. His own knees even gave up on him and he slumped onto his chair.

"I-it's gray..."

Wonwoo stuttered and pointed at the thing that nearly scared him to death.

"Huh?" Mingyu barely even gave him any glance and focused on the game he was playing.

Yes.

It was gray.

Mingyu had officially lost it and dyed his hair gray. He even got an undercut to add to the already eccentric hair color. Wow. Just wow. No wonder his mother called him crying. Well it's not like it lessened the boy's appeal, no. On the contrary Mingyu looked dashing with his new hair.

"M-mingyu what happened to your hair? You nearly gave your mother a heart attack." Wonwoo said and to make things more strange, Mingyu, his dearest friend, the most talkative, idiotic being, an airhead, name it, didn't gave him an answer.

Mingyu had never failed to give him answers. It was always Wonwoo that does the ignoring part. He was the emo one here for the love of God. was really happening, wasn't it?

His classmates and schoolmates reaction was different from them on the other hand.

To begin with, a girl practically screamed like a fan girl when Mingyu stepped on the school's lobby. Girls swarmed around him during lunch and his locker had been bombarded with gifts. Well it was nothing new, but it was twice the affection from what he usually got. Everyone was going crazy because of Mingyu's new look.

The 'I've moved on look' as how Seokmin jokingly stated during lunch.

Yeah, he wished he had.

But when he saw Jihoon that day, he knew he still hasn't.

Mingyu didn't went to school for a week, his mother had made an excuse that he was sick but everyone knew that he was only nursing his broken heart.

One week, turned into one month then two.

That was the amount of time that Mingyu managed to not see Jihoon.

One week and Two months. It was enough time to move on from his first heart break.

It was enough time to move on from his first love.

But Goddamit, he wished that he never fell in love with Jihoon in the first place. And he also wished for fate to stop toying with his heart. Because the time that he saw Jihoon again was almost the same at how he first saw him.

It's like falling in love over and over again.

Jeonghan was the first one to enter their classroom. Mingyu was confident that he will not freeze again like how he did. But he was wrong. The moment that Jihoon stepped inside the room was the thing that determined his fate.

He didn't changed.

Jihoon never changed.

And so his heart.

To him, Jihoon still glowed under the rays of sunlight that entered from the window. His eyes still sparkled with his smile. His voice was still as beautiful as how he remembered. His skin, quite opposite from his, still gave him this illusion of halo surrounding his entire being.

To him, Jihoon was still that Angel that he saw that day.

The very same Angel who stole and still owns his heart up to this day.

I never forget you boy. ♬ 

a/n; this was so hard to write. (ಥ_ಥ) i at angst i crai alwys.

One chapter to go! ㅎ ㅅ ㅎ )v

Thanks for subscribing! See you next chapter! (*´▽`)ノノ