Mansae! pt. 1

The Stony Prince and The Cat

At some point of their lives, everyone had feelings that they were afraid of letting out.

Feelings that they thought were better left unsaid.

Feelings that they chose not to admit, not to the person it is being directed to but to the person who needs to realized it most; them.

Fear was always what hinders them to.

What if I said yes? Would our relationship change?

Would our relationship end as how everyone elses had?

Would he change if I finally said yes?

'I love him.'

'I'm sorry.'

'But I really do.'

'I'm just too much of a coward to admit so.'

'I'm scared.'

'I'm really scared.'

'I'm just... ... scared.'

"Jihoon hyung?" His head turned to the owner of the voice. Seokmin was looking at him, worry evident in his eyes. No one spoke, the entire occupants of the stadium –which only consisted of the Student Council– kept silent as Jihoon stood in the middle of the auditorium stage. He don't know how long he had space out but he knew it was quite long base from the reaction of friends.

"I'm sorry," Jihoon wore the best fake smile that he could muster. He heaved a breath, trying his hardest to not let himself drift back to his unspoken feelings. "I'm okay, let's continue." On normal occasions he would have thrown a fit because of the flower crown on his head, but that very moment, he felt nothing.

He felt numb.

And he only had one person in his mind.

Mingyu...

Jihoon smiled as how Jeonghan instructed him to.

Mingyu...

He walked as how the people told him so. He lived under the instructions of those who surrounds him in his everyday life. Jihoon doesn't have a life of his own. Highly comparable to a doll that does its master's wish even if its against his judgement.

It was strange, he thought.

Thinking about those kind of things. It was strange thinking about the things that never bothered him even from before. It was strange thinking of the person that he so used to dislike.

It was strange when you finally realized the worth of something until you loses it.

'Why do things that matters most never ends up being what we chose?'

Jihoon hates this.

He hates how such a simple annoying underclassman managed to make him feel different sort of emotions in one go. He hates these feelings. He hates the vulnerable person he was turning into. He wasn't supposed to rely on someone. He was supposed to be strong. And he also hates Mingyu for turning him into someone he wasn't supposed to be.

But he also wouldn't deny how madly deeply in love he was with the person he hated the most.

'Kim Mingyu... I'm so sorry... But I love you.'

Even if he held it in until the end.

"Yah," Jihoon groaned and sank even deeper into the comfort of his bag, which was currently being used as a replacement for a pillow. The sun that used to bathe him not so long ago was now replaced by an annoying shadow. The urge to punch its owner was too strong for his liking but Jihoon held himself back, he was not in the mood for a brawl. Soonyoung pouted. "Jihoon ah! When are you going to get up? You'll catch a cold sleeping here!"

"Leave me alone." The pink haired boy mumbled, the only thing that he could manage in his still half asleep state. Soonyoung sighed and scratched his head. His friend was back into his old cold self. Back into that Lee Jihoon who was as cold as stone.

And in all honesty, he can't stand it anymore.

Jihoon was much better when he was with Mingyu. When he was with the boy, Jihoon genuinely looked happy (even if he denies it). He was starting to act more human. He was less serious and the smile that he wore was probably one of the most precious thing Soonyoung that had ever seen. It was quite opposite from the Jihoon that he grew up with.

And he prefers the new Jihoon over the old one.

"Jihoon ah. The rooftop is not really an ideal place to sleep." Soonyoung sat beside the short boy who continued to ignore his entire existence. "Aren't you even going to enjoy the Spring Festival?"

Despite his efforts, the blonde still finds himself not getting any answer. Jihoon continued to doze off without much care about his surrounding.

'Fine! If that's how you're going to act then okay!' The boy thought. As much as how Jihoon was a huge mean madafaka, it was against Soonyoung's judgement to leave the pink fairy alone. God knows what will happen to those who disturb Jihoon –except him– in his sleep. As much as he could, he would like to save as many souls from Jihoonie's wrath.

'Paging Lee Jihoon, you're needed in the auditorium. I repeat, paging Lee Jihoon, please proceed to the auditorium. Thank you.' A voice blasted through the speaker, cutting the music that was playing in mid chorus.

Soonyoung sighed. "Jihoon ah. They're calling for you. Don't you need to practice?" He stated, poking the smaller boy's cheek in the process. Said boy gave a sigh of his own before slapping Soonyoung's hand away rather painfully. He hissed at the pain, pout appearing back into his lips with how Jihoon reacted.

"Jihoon ah."

No response. Soonyoung tried again. This time, he nearly lost a finger upon poking the small boy.

"Yah! Lee Jihoon! Stop being so stubborn! Aish, where's Chaeyong when you needed her?"

Still no response.

"Fine, if that's how it's going to be." Soonyoung leaned down, hands scooping the small boy under his knees and shoulders before standing –albiet a little abruptly– up. A feat which finally woke the sleeping fairy up. Jihoon gasped as he felt himself being lifted, his arms almost instantly wrapping around Soonyoung's neck.

"Yah! Kwon Soonyoung! What the hell?!" Said Soonyoung just grinned. He even chose to twirl around with Jihoon still in his arms.

"Damn, you're really light!"

"Put me down you bastard!"

"Jihoonie's so liiiiiiight ~!"

"Shut up! You can't even sing!"

Soonyoung pouted at Jihoon's statement. "You're so mean." The small boy sighed, knowing that his friend will not heed to his request he just slumped into his arms. Jihoon closed his eyes, 'whatever' he thought, and chose to sleep even if it's in this idiot's arms. Almost instantly, Lee Jihoon was back into the dream land.

"Yah, you're not going to sleep again, aren't you?" Soonyoung shook him but Jihoon remained unmoving.

"Jihoon."

"Jihoooooooon."

Tsk.

Soonyoung thought of a way to make the fairy in his arms wake from his slumber. It had always been a hard feat to wake him up. His mother and brother used to do different methods just to make Jihoon not late for his morning classes.

Soonyoung blew a breath, eyes falling onto the boy in his arms. Only to freeze on his spot. The boy stared at his friend for the longest time. The way the sun hit his skin made the boy glow, his pink lips slightly parted as he took calm breaths. His eyebrows wasn't furrowed, instead the boy looked at more at peace than everyone else. He looked like an little child who gave no slightest care in the world.

That very moment...

... Jihoon looked rather beautiful.

So beautiful that Soonyoung took an involuntary gulp. He wanted to laugh at how he felt, this was so strange. Strange? Wait, was it really that strange? Was admiring this boy in his arms as strange as how people thought it was? Maybe it probably wasn't so strange after all. Now that he thought about it, this wasn't so strange. Maybe, just maybe. He had always saw Jihoon at someone so beautiful.

And although he wouldn't admit it, he knows why Mingyu was so obsess with the small boy.

So even if it's against his better judgement, he did something that people will never think of him doing.

He leaned.

Closer and closer...

Until his lips came in contact with the skin on Jihoon's cheek.

Jihoon's eyes jolt up in surprise. The first thing that he saw was how close Soonyoung's face was to his. And then the sensation of his lips on his cheek was what registered next on his mind. His mouth opened and closed, trying to say anything but no words came out.

Soonyoung leaned back, a soft smile gracing his lips as he stared at Jihoon with sadness. He silently let the small boy down who continued to stare at him in shock.

"You're red." The blonde grinned then ruffled his pink locks, hands slowly falling from his head to his cheek. There he stared at Jihoon with seriousness that the small boy had never seen on his friend. Jihoon had been with Soonyoung ever since the second grade, the Soonyoung that although was the constant target of bullying never did turned serious or show any sign of weaknesses. The Soonyoung who never failed to lighten up his mood whenever his down.

"To be honest, Jihoon ah." The blonde took the boy's hand to his. "I'll definitely date you if you were a girl." He didn't even allowed Jihoon to gave him a response as he drag the boy to the auditorium.

Unknown to them was the person who hid behind the water tank of the rooftop. He tiredly leaned on its cold surface, hands running on his gray locks. He bit his lips, feeling hurt from the scene that he just saw. He didn't meant to eavesdrop. He was already there even before Jihoon came in and lay down on the floor. He blinked. A single tear fell on his cheek. The boy didn't even bother removing it as he know that more will fall if he do so. He bitterly laughed at how ironic things had. He laughed at how he still seemed to bleed even after all these times.

 

'Jihoon hyung, when will you stop hurting me?'

Jihoon took a step towards the dress being worn by the mannequin. It sparkle with the lights of the room. The combination of soft pink and white was perfect and with the addition of the beads intact on it made the dress look so...

... perfect.

Jihoon slowly ran his fingers on its texture, liking how soft it felt within his fingertips. The dress doesn't look handmade, it looked like something out of a fairy tale. Highly comparable to those royal dresses that are woven by the greatest hands. Something that looked straight from a story book.

"Oppa," The girl grinned and stood beside him. "What do you think?"

Jihoon nodded approvingly. "It's great. You did a good job, Chaeyoung ah, Tzuyu ah." He answered while patting the girl's head who grinned even wider.

"Good! Tzuyu and I worked really hard on this, we didn't slept for like two days!"

"Chaeyoung ah, you shouldn't lie." The one called Tzuyu scolded his friend. She smiled at Jihoon kindly. "I apologize for her brash nature."

Said Chaeyoung pouted and hugged Jihoon from the back. "Oppa doesn't mind, right? He likes me after all ~"

Tzuyu shook her head, trying to pull the girl from the small upperclassman. Chaeyoung had tendencies to spat words that are often times misunderstood by everyone. And she knew about how said girl made a persistent suitor stop from showing his affection towards the one that he likes. Which happened to be the same boy that she was hugging. "Chaeyoung ah, that's enough." She tried again.

Jihoon merely shook his head and smiled at the duo. "It's fine, I don't really mind. She's like a sister to me."

"See?" The girl said as she hugged Jihoon even tighter. "Oppa's like a Teddy bear. So huggeble."

Jihoon gave the girl a smile before his eyes diverted back to the dress. After a few moments of silence, he spoke although eyes still glued to the dress that stood before him. "May I ask you something?" He murmured but enough for the two girls to hear. Both hummed a response. "... Why a wedding dress?"

Tzuyu softly smiled. She interwined her fingers together as she took a step next to Jihoon. The boy noted that she had a slight hue of pink in her cheeks, a feat that proves that she was kind of embarrassed. "It was actually my idea..." She said. "Jeonghan oppa instructed me to make a dress where a woman feels the prettiest.

... and I could only think of a wedding dress..."

"She believes that a girl looks the best in her wedding dress ~" Chaeyoung sang as she playfully poked her friend's pink cheeks. "So we made one. Oppa should imagine the stage as the altar. Then at the tip of it stood the groom who will promise and give you the world ~" The girl sighed dreamily and rested her cheek on Jihoon's shoulder. "How romantic."

Tzuyu blushed even further at her friend's statement. A soft smile grazing her lips as she thought of the scenario in her head. Jihoon on the other hand continued to stare at the dress before him.

At the tip of the altar is where his groom will wait.

At the tip of the altar is where the one who will promise to be with him forever will stand.

And he wonder who this groom will be.

Hitting my heart with your gestures

Give mansae a hundred times.

But every time I wake up, I say 'I'm so stupid'. ♬

ayo ayoooo (seventeen!) okay I lied about with this only having 5 chapters. Haha ~ this had gotten longer than I thought but I'll upload the second part tomorrow. Good night. (*´・v・)

Jihoonie's groom is whoooooo? (❁´▽`❁) It's pretty obvious but I just want to say that. Hahaha ~ bye.

mansaemansaemansaemansae

Yeah. Please excuse the Soonhoon moment, it had to be done. andyeahilovetwiceaswellokeehespthosetwo.