A Mid Summer Night's Sweetness

The Stony Prince and The Cat

'I adore you.'

Jihoon shook his head for the ninth time that day. He was trying to focus on the document before him but found it hard to do so. Mingyu's words continued to echo in his head. And it was doing something weird to his heart.

'You're just hungry' a part of him said.

It was already three in the afternoon and the only lunch he had was a piece of bread and a small box of fruit milk, an unhealthy habit Jihoon couldn't seem to shake off. Well, the school's Spring Festival was nearing and he had to check whether there was anything suspicious before he presented them to Seungcheol.

Jihoon put his pen down. He massaged his nape and tried his hardest not to think of Mingyu. The boy was a huge distraction. Ever since their conversation that evening, Mingyu had not only been invading his personal space but also his head. It was strange, like why did that boy suddenly look so handsome? And when did Jihoon start appreciating a man's physical features?

Well, in all honesty, when did he start appreciating a human's physical features?

He was in that position when the door slid open and revealed the President himself. Seungcheol had to blink once when he saw Jihoon sitting at the long table. "Why are you already here?" he asked as he made his way to his usual spot, at the end of the table, with the vice president and the secretary on both sides.

Jihoon shrugged and resumed checking all the documents. "Classes ended early," he answered to which Seungcheol frowned at. The older boy noticed that he was kind of pale. It was obvious that Jihoon had been overworking himself yet again.

Sometimes he wished Jihoon didn't work as hard as he did. The boy needed to lay it down a little.

Then he remembered something that happened while making his way to the Student Council room. Seungcheol opened his bag and took something out. He placed it just beside Jihoon, successfully catching his attention.

It was a lunch box.

And Jihoon didn't need to be told who it was from.

"Eat." Seungcheol said.

Jihoon stared at him for a good ten seconds before his nose was stuck again in the document. "I can't."

Seungcheol frowned and crossed his arms. "Why not?"

The short boy sighed, clearly he didn't want to talk about this matter to Seungcheol. Or to anyone. So he shook his head and started scribbling something on the document. "No reason."

"Jihoon," The older boy obviously wasn't going to buy that. "Does Mingyu disgust you?"

Jihoon's head shot up at the question. His answer was immediate without any hint of lie in it. "No."

"Then prove it to me," Seungcheol said in a stern voice. "Eat the contents of the box." Jihoon knew that he would not leave him alone unless he gave in to his orders. Although Seungcheol likes to goof around, he can be pretty stubborn once he demands something.

So, even if it was against his judgement, Jihoon reluctantly pushed the documents aside and took the lunch box. The sight that greeted him on the different note made his mouth water.

There were variety of foods in it. Sweet and sour beef, some veggies, fried chicken, kimchi, and of course rice. Jihoon's stomach grumbled loudly as he got a whiff of the food.

Seungcheol grinned at how Jihoon turned red. The short boy took the chopsticks and started eating the food up, albeit a little timidly. He brought a piece of beef to his mouth and he almost sighed at how delicious it tasted. Next was the chicken, which was as heavenly as the beef. And the kimchi wasn't even spicy.

No wonder Soonyoung acted like he just died when Mingyu stopped giving him lunches. The President took his tumbler out and gave it to Jihoon who muttered a quick thanks.

"Delicious, right?" Seungcheol rested his chin on his palm. Jihoon frowned and gulped his food down.

"Yeah..." He shyly answered as he took a drink from the older boy's tumbler.

"Mingyu had always been gifted in the cooking department..." Seungcheol stated as he took his phone out, secretly taking a picture of the unsuspecting boy to give to his cousin later on. Mingyu needed a little motivation nowadays. "He'd make a good boyfriend, don't you think?"

Cue a blush from Jihoon.

"S-sure... Whatever you say," he said. Jihoon was feeling a little awkward about the situation. Seungcheol never did show any sign of disapproval about Mingyu's feelings towards him. But he never had confronted Jihoon or helped his cousin about it. So why was he doing this now? Did Mingyu ask him to do this or was his unproductive wooing of the girl from his class was starting to get to him?

Tsk.

"He's practicing for the regionals right now, you should cheer him on." Seungcheol took the documents despite Jihoon's protest. "The basketball team's really nervous about it."

"I will..." Jihoon chewed the kimchi, trying his best to focus on eating, which was hard with how Seungcheol was acting. He was starting to sound like his idiot of a friend, Soonyoung. Thank God he didn't speak after that.

Half an hour passed, and nothing was left of the beautifully prepared lunch. Jihoon had never felt so full in his entire life, Mingyu was indeed a glorious cook. He'd give him that. But Seungcheol was still looking at him weirdly.

"What?" Jihoon asked.

"Nothing... I just realized that," He grinned and stood up from his seat. "Mingyu really has a knack for cute things." And then he scrammed out of the room before Jihoon could throw the table at him.

"Hyuuuuuung ~"

A very familiar voice cooed, stopping Jihoon in his tracks. He was balancing a huge stack of boxes in his hand, which nearly fell when Mingyu called him. Said boy skipped towards him, taking some boxes without asking for any permission. Well, it's not like Jihoon's complaining. He could really use some help.

"Where are you taking these?" He asked while grinning from ear to ear. Jihoon just sighed tiredly and answered 'stockroom'. He walked ahead of the boy who looked too happy in his opinion. Unknown to him, said boy received a picture of Jihoon finally eating the lunch that he made. Mingyu never felt so happy before. It's like he was already a step closer to owning Jihoon's heart.

He was right when he finally decided to drop Wonwoo's advice and continue pursuing him.

"Regionals are nearing, I'm so nervous. I mean, what if I mess up in the middle of the game?" Mingyu said even though he knew he would never get any response from Jihoon. Well, he's already content that he wasn't pushing him away so would he ask for more? Of course not. This should be enough. For now anyway. "It'd be great if you'll cheer for me, Hyung!"

Jihoon let out another sigh. "I will, don't worry."

Mingyu's eyes twinkled. "You will?! Then I'll work hard from now on! Watch out for me!"

Needless to say that it took all of Jihoon's will to stop himself from smiling at how Mingyu was acting. He looked so happy and his grin was contagious. Maybe he can get used to this.

Wait, what?!

Jihoon blushed at the sudden unusual thought. What the hell was happening to him these days? This was so strange. Blushing was never his thing. He had to divert back to his old self before the idiotic underclassman noticed the sudden change. Jihoon hurriedly made his way to the stockroom with Mingyu in tow.

He told the boy where to put the boxes while he made his way to the deepest part of the room.

Jihoon started stacking each box in order, and he managed to do so until he saw the last one had to be put on the top shelf. Ah yes. Great. Just great. Jihoon's number one enemy. Curse the person who invented these blasted things. His brows furrowed as he looked up. He needed to think of a plan, because it was against his better judgement to just leave things lying around just because he couldn't reach its assigned shelf.

And he'd rather die than admit that he couldn't reach something.

Heaving a breath, Jihoon tucked the box under his arm. He had no choice but to climb, all that he could do was wish that he didn't fall in the process. His mom would throw a fit if he went home with bruises and bandages.

He was nearing his destination when fate decided it was now the perfect time to play with him. He felt two strong hands grasp his waist and lift him even further. Jihoon gasped at the contact, the box falling from his grasp. But even so, the owner of the hands didn't waver and still held him up. Jihoon tilted his head to get a glimpse of the intruder, only to see a Mingyu with his eyes wide in awe.

Mingyu was about to open his mouth when he lost his balance. Everything seemed to slow down as both of them fell, Mingyu's first instinct being to hold Jihoon close. And he did. His came in contact with the hard floor and his back collided in a rather painful manner on the opposite shelf. It shook with the force, while Mingyu held his breath as the pain registered in his system.

Jihoon let out a chain of profanities. What the hell was that kid even thinking?! He groaned even further as he felt Mingyu wrap his arms around his waist tighter. "Yah!" Jihoon craned his neck, ready to scold the tall boy but all words disappeared when something unexpected happened.

Their lips touched.

Like how it happens in those stupid dramas his little brother, Chan, loves to watch.

They were kissing.

They were...

Mingyu, who had his eyes closed, opened upon feeling something soft coming in contact with his lips.

Jihoon was staring at him with wide unbelieving eyes. Mingyu on the other hand was stuck in his spot. He couldn't move, his heart felt like it was going to burst any second now.

He couldn't think straight.

He couldn't properly comprehend what the hell was happening.

But there was one thing that had registered in his mind.

It was the fact that Jihoon has the softest lips he had ever kissed.

Jihoon gasped, finally coming to his senses. He pushed Mingyu away and abruptly stood up from his spot, ready to sprint and hide his entire existence in a hole. Of course he wasn't able to do that, not with Mingyu grabbing him and pulling him back to his lap. This time, with the short boy facing him, Jihoon opened his mouth, ready to snap at him but was cut off when Mingyu crashed his lips against his.

The tall boy slid his hand from Jihoon's cheek to his hair. The older boy continued to resist at this point. He kept on pushing the underclassman away but with every movement of Mingyu's lips, Jihoon found himself slowly losing his strength.

He never had been kissed before, that he'll admit. And listening to Soonyoung describe the sensation was kind of disgusting so he never bothered. To him, kissing was only an act of spit swapping. But this was different. He didn't know how to explain this. Jihoon shuddered at the new found sensation.

Shouldn't he feel disgusted?

Shouldn't he hate Mingyu for doing this?

He should run.

He should push him away.

Kick him. Punch him. Anything to give this stupid underclassman what he deserves.

He really should.

But instead, he stopped resisting and slumped onto the tall boy, his hands coming in contact with the fabric of his uniform. Mingyu tilted his head for better access, the kiss was getting deeper, eliciting some very embarrassing sounds from Jihoon. There was something building up in his chest. Mingyu's hands were starting to wander from Jihoon's hair to his neck until they finally stopped on his waist. The temperature was getting hotter. Both of them were losing their minds, both were getting lost in each others lips.

He didn't even resist when Mingyu slowly pushed him down onto his back. When the boy transferred his attention from his lips to his neck, Jihoon just lay there almost motionless. He felt him nip at the junction of his neck and shoulder, still he didn't complain. Not even when Mingyu was now marking him as his own. Not even when Mingyu gently bit his skin and ed the collar of his shirt with an agonizingly slow speed.

Mingyu...

Mingyu...

Min–

"OH MY GOSH!"

Praise the lord.

Jihoon gasped and his first instinct was to push Mingyu away. The younger boy groaned in pain when his back collided with the shelf yet again, which Jihoon paid no in mind. He stood up from his spot and stared at the intruders with wide and startled eyes. Hansol had his hand on Seungkwan's mouth who was pointing at the both of them, no doubt the two boys saw the embarrassing thing that they were doing. Jihoon's breathing was labored but so was Mingyu's.

He was so ruined.

Jihoon wiped his lips with the sleeve of his uniform while hurriedly making his way to the exit. He stopped in front of Seungkwan and Hansol, fist curling on both of their collars. Jihoon's eyes were in slits, ready to kill both of the boys with his bare hands. "You saw nothing, punks. You got that? You know what will happen if you'll contradict that."

He left with that last warning before dashing out of the exit, leaving Hansol and Seungkwan cowering in fear and Mingyu groaning in pain.

Well, at least he got a kiss.

                                                             –

One, this moment, two, I’m happy

Three, my fingers are crossed, Four, a midsummer night’s sweetness,

Don’t wanna wake up.A midsummer night’s sweetness, 
 just like today ♬

       –


a/n; So sweet so sweet so sweeeeeeet yum. ♪(   /▽\) Oh my gosh. What did I just wrote?! Idontregretanythingthohehehehehehehehehehehe /slapped/ Tsundere Jihoon is a Tsundere ~ ( ノ≧▽≦)ノ~ ㅗㅗ° o • ㅁ

Anyway, I know it's kinda late but English is not my Mother tounge so I sincerely apologise for the grammatical errors and stuffs. And this is my first time writing a kissing scene or more than that, ahahaha so please excuse me if it's a little awkward. 〒▽〒 )|'DD

2 more chapters to go. ㅇ ㅅ ㅇ )v 

Thank you for subscribing! Have a nice day! ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ