fifteen beats

Heartbeat

"You what?!" Nari screeched, her pencil flying out of her hand in shock. "You did what with Taehyung?"

Eunji shrugged, continuing to type away on her computer like she didn't have a care in the world. She pushed up her thick framed glasses, glancing up at Nari who still hadn't recovered from the shocking news that Eunji casually dropped out of nowhere.

"I made out with Taehyung."

"What do you mean you made out with Taehyung? How does that just happen?!"

The sound of Eunji's fingers running along her keyboard stopped for a second as she stuck her bottom lip out, trying to remember exactly how it happened.

"Honestly, I kind of don't remember." She had been drunk, and so had be. She remembered being pretty excited to dance with him because she had thought he was cute from the first time she saw him at the café.

Her memory after that was a bit blurred, but she is positive that the night had ended with Taehyung's lips on hers.

"Jesus Eunji. I leave you for one night and this is what happens?" Eunji giggled at Nari who had pursed her lips at Eunji's behavior. "Have you talked to him after?"

The latter shook her head. "It's only been a day," she yawned. "Plus, I'm not really interested in talking to him and I couldn't anyway since I don't have his number."

"Not interested?"

"You know me Nari." She brought her arms over her head, stretching her body out. "I have a lot of flings. Taehyung's not any different. He probably doesn't even remember," she chuckled.

Nari could never understand Eunji. She was visibly gorgeous and ultimately a super cool gal; but she never accepted any of the interest that boys sent to her. She claimed that she was a "free spirit" that "couldn't be tied down."

But at the same time, Taehyung seemed a bit like a cassanova too. Maybe it was for the better.

"But enough about me." Eunji wriggled her eyebrows, smirking. "Where did you go last night?"

Remembering the happenings of last night, Nari roughly explained her time with Jungkook.

After eating ramen, they talked a bit more; well more like Nari talking in her slightly drunken stupor and Jungkook watching her with an entertained glint in his eyes. He had walked her home; she didn't ask yet it happened naturally. With a couple quiet goodnights, their night ended.

Not as exciting as Eunji's, unfortunately.

She wasn't sure when she'd seem him again. Perhaps she'd run into him at the café, but that seemed to be about it. Would he even want to see me again? She wondered.

"Was that it? He just walked you home after you guys ate ramen?"

Eunji looked almost disappointed. She was hoping her nun of a friend would finally get some action.

"Yup. It was nice."

Nari could see Eunji's mouth twitching; it was the beginnings of a rant about how Nari really should stop acting like a saint and hold hands with a boy for once. But much to Nari's luck, Eunji's phone notified her of a text.

Shaking her head at Nari, she snatched up the phone almost agressively and checked the message.

Immediately, her face morphed into one of confusion as she rubbed her eyes, checking to see if the message on her screen was real.

"What does it say?" Nari asked.

"Uhm, supposedly it's Taehyung?"

Nari slammed her calculus book shut. Math could definitely wait. "What did he say?! How did he even get your number?"

The confused girl hesitated, surprised at the text. Sure, yesterday was fun, but what business did he have left messaging her?

"He said, 'Hey Eunji! This is Taehyung^^ I asked Jin for your number...I hope you aren't creeped out lolol."

"Go on," Nari urged.

"I realized that I didn't get to properly say goodnight. So instead, I'd like to say good afternoon^^ Come over to the café!! P.S. bring Nari-ssi."

Silence ensued. Eunji was rapidly chewing her lip, contemplating whether to go or not. She usually didn't follow up with her night flings...but she expected Taehyung to not follow through due to his reputation as a player.

But he did.

"So, uhm, we should go?" Her voice wavered at the end, forming the statement into a question.

Nari slid off her chair and to the mirror. Yanking a brush through her hair, she looked at Eunji through the mirror. "Get your off the couch and let's go."

Eunji smirked at Nari who was wincing as she tugged out a stubborn tangle. "You just want to go because Jungkook's there."

"No, I'm going because Taehyung said to bring me. Maybe he thinks I'm cute," Nari said, sticking out her tongue.

Pushing herself off the couch, Eunji bumped Nari out of the way with her hip. Pulling out her hair tie, she shook her hair loose. "Whatever you say loser."

---------------

Taehyung peered into his phone, grinning like a madman. Yoongi cocked his head to the side, slightly creeped out at how the younger was acting.

"You're staring at your phone like it's the prettiest girl in the world." Yoongi teased. Taehyung whipped his head up, his blond hair rustling in front of his eyes.

"It's something like that."

"Really? Another girl?"

"Not just any girl," the blonde mused. "She's incredible."

Taehyung had his eye on Eunji for a while. From when she first came into the café, he had to admit, she stood out. Most of her face had been hidden behind a pair of thick framed glasses, but he could tell that what hid behind it was gorgeous.

2c13fe82c4554ac238e3ead87bb5633e.jpg

He was ecstatic when he found her at the party. Truthfully, he was looking for a fun night that included a cute girl to play around with. But boy, he got far more than cute.

She was unbelievably intelligent and with every word she spoke, he felt like she was enlightening him with her wisdom and wit. And even better, she was a great dancer.

He wish he wasn't drunk when he kissed her.

"Why are you laughing?" Taehyung whined.

The girl sat on top of the kitchen counter, holding her sides as she laughed. Her laugh was filled with intervals of snorts, and he found it quite adorable.

"Because you asked a girl where the was and then got slapped."

Taehyung huffed, folding his arms across his chest. "Beach. I swear I said b-e-a-c-h. I just at English."

She wiped at her eyes, getting rid of the tears that had formed from laughing too hard. "Just stick with Korean."

He edged up to the girl, entrapping her between his arms on the counter. Her grin remained on her face; Taehyung's bold action didn't seem to faze her. It usually made girls fall straight into his arms, yet she was staying put.

"You could teach me English."

She raised an eyebrow, leaning her body slightly towards the blonde. She smelled of booze, floral shampoo, and an underlying sharp scent of cinammon. Seems like a gross combination, but on her, it smelled like heaven.

"And if I do, what will I get out of it?"

The boy closed the distance between them, his lips just centimeters away from the girls. She didn't even flinch.

In pretty decent English, Taehyung boldly whispered, "You will get a kiss."

And with that, he got rid of the few centimeters in between their lips.

Despite being drunk, he could remember every detail clearly. He still wished that he was sober for it though...he felt like it could have been more special.

Strange thoughts coming from the usual casanova, huh?

Even Jungkook recognized Taehyung's good mood; the latter seemed chirpier than he usually was, and that was a lot.

While lazily doodling a cherry blossom on a napkin to comemorate the approaching spring, Jungkook unconsiously felt his mind drifting to Nari.

He was deep in thought, wondering if she truly did mean it when she said she'd like to spend more time with him.

But how? We barely see each other, Jungkook thought. Something about wanting to see her didn't seem right. He felt almost like he was betraying Jaein, the woman that should reign soley over his damaged heart.

"Can you take my order please?"

Jungkook's pen froze on the napkin, leaving a small cherry blossom half-drawn. He dragged his eyes forward at the voice.

Immediately his thoughts trickled out of his brain as he realized the image in his head was standing right in front of him.

The girl in his daydreams adjusted her baseball hat on her head as she held up a membership card to the café. "I'm quite the vip here. I get free coffee."

He didn't show it, in fact, Jungkook probably looked like he was scowling at the girl that was separated to him by a dessert counter.

But much to his alarment, it turns out, he was glad to see her.

___________________

A/N: BTS Young Forever day photos and blonde Jin equals a very emo me.

This was a super long chapter but I hope it was worth the read!

Comment what you think of the new pairing, Eunji and Tae! (thanks for the suggestions in the comments :))