07.

UNOFFICIALLY IN LOVE
MINO
Mino sneaked out of the dormitory in the middle of the night and went to a nearby cafe, wearing a black mask and a cap over his head. He picked a quiet corner at the cafe and sat there quietly, waiting for Irene to come. 
10 minutes passed.
20 minutes passed.
40 minutes passed.
 
"Damn, I think she stood up on me." Mino sighed as he checked the time on his phone for the umpteenth time.
 
He rubbed his forehead and sighed before picking up his wallet and phone, preparing to leave. As he walked towards the door, he noticed a small figure walking up the stairs, her head was covered by a cap and she was wearing a mask. She looked up and saw Mino standing by the door before waving at him.
 
She pushed open the door and looked at him with apologetic look.
 
"Sorry, I couldn't find my way here." She said, scratching her head awkwardly. "Were you going to leave?"
 
"Y..yeah." He answered, rubbing the back of his neck. 
 
"Are you in a rush? Let's go somewhere else then." Irene asked. "I can't have late night food because I have to watch my diet."
 
The both of them burst out laughing. Mino nodded and stretched out his hands towards her. 
 
"Bring me to that 'somewhere' then." He said.
 
--
"It was so damn funny, Joy was on the floor laughing her heads off." Irene described the situation to him.
 
Mino was laughing his head off at her story. He really love this feeling whenever he's around her. Everything just became interesting, even her lame jokes are funny.
Unlike when he's with Eunji.
 
"Ah, it's so comfortable with the hats and masks off." Mino sighed in relieve as he runs his fingers through his hair. "And with you around."
 
Irene turned red at his last sentence and she fiddled with the edge of her shirt.
 
"Well, you and Eunji..." her voice trailed off.
 
Mino clears his throat at the hint of talking about the dating issue between him and Eunji. He has already set his mind to tell her about the whole situation, hoping that he could still keep Irene by his side. 
 
"Actually," Mino started. "The dating thing is... fake."
 
Irene froze before turning her head to face him. 
 
"Wh... what?" Irene stuttered, unable to believe what he had just said. "It's fake?"
 
Mino nods and sighed. 
 
"It's a long story..." He flashed a smile at her. "I can't reveal much but just to let you know, it's not real between me and eunji."
 
Irene sat there quietly, processing what she have just heard. Mino stretched his hand out and placed it on hers, giving them a tight squeeze.
 
"You know, I like you right?" He confessed. "This whole situation is crazy and ... just crazy but we can still go out together, just like how we did today."
 
Irene looked at Mino for a few seconds before nodding her head.
 
"We can still go out like today. I don't mind." She said, smiling at him.
 
Mino smiled and gave her a quick peck on her forehead before pulling her in for a hug.