05.

UNOFFICIALLY IN LOVE

EUNJI


 

Instinctively, she went to pick up her phone on her desk and dialled his number.

 

But the thought of news about her and Mino that is going to be released the next day, she cancelled the call and place her phone back down. She bite down on her lower lips and tried to fight back the tears that were threatening to fall any second.

 

"I need some time, alone." she said, her voice shaking.

 

The other girls left her room and closed the door, to let Eunji have her own space for a second.

 

Eunji sat on her bed and stared into space, her tears were falling uncontrollably and her heart was aching. She felt helpless and she felt alone. She couldn't do anything. She couldn't tell anyone how she felt.

 

She couldn't even ask her boyfriend, why.

 

--

 

In the evening that day, the news has been confirmed.

 

N and Chae SooBin are dating.

 

It's official.

 

Eunji left the dorm to get some fresh air outside, near the Han River.

 

She tuck her hands into the pockets of her coat and walk along the river side.

 

They first met when they were recording together for "Off to School" and they were studying in the same class. It was just the two of them in the same class and gradually, they got close.

 

And closer.

 

Although there were rumours going around that N is a playboy, Eunji decided to not believe it when she start to like him. She believe that he isn't that kind of person and she is sure that he isn't.

 

Then Sassy Go Go filming started. She was so happy to be in the same drama with him because she can spend more time with someone she likes.

 

During the filming, for the kiss scene with Wongeun, N was there observing the acting process. Eunji noticed that his expression darkened when the scene ended and decided to ask him what happened.

 

"I don't like it," N said. "The kiss scene. That should have been me."

 

Her face turned red and she was loss for words.

 

"Eunji-ya," N held her hands tightly. "Do you want to go out with me? As in, be my girlfriend?" he asked, smiling.

 

That's when their relationship started.

 

Eunji remembered that he wanted to keep their relationship a secret, without asking why, she said yes. She also remembered that at the filming set, there were rumours about N and Soobin flirty behaviour.

 

It was just rumours.

 

Eunji sighed and leaned against the railings, letting the cold wind blow against her face.

 

She shouldn't have trust him, especially a playboy.

 

"Oh, look who's here." A familiar voice was heard from behind.

 

Eunji turned and saw Mino standing there. She took a glance at him before turning her back against him.

 

"You should've at least greeted me back," He said and make his way beside her.

 

"I'm not in the mood to bicker with you." She replied, looking down into the river.

 

"Well, neither am I." He said and shrugged. "Getting all my songs I made these few nights rejected by sajangnim isn't something to be happy about."

 

There was a long silence between them and all they could hear is the sound of the wind whistling.

 

"My boyfriend cheated on me." Eunji blurted. "I guess you're the only person I could talk to, now." She sighed.

 

"Well, at least I'm not going to be seen as the third party when the news is out tomorrow." Mino chuckled lightly before clearing his voice. "Sorry."

 
"It's okay," She managed to smile. "At least I won't feel guilty 'dating' you."
 
The both of them chuckled lightly and gazed into the distance. 
 
"I have a question," Mino suddenly asked. "Who's ... your boyfriend?"
 
Eunji remained silent for a while. 
 
Mino coughed and rub his nape. "It's okay if you don't want to talk about him," He said. "I'm just wondering which idiot would date someone like you."
 
"Excuse me?" Eunji snapped. "I think I'm a pretty good girlfriend okay." 
 
"Pft, I doubt that." Mino scrunches his nose and frowned.
 
Silence settled in between them again.
 
"Vixx's N and he didn't even attempt to call me to tell me anything." She said softly before lowering her head and sigh. "That son of a -"
 
"Hey no cursing," Mino nudged her arm. "Fairy idol should keep her image clean."
 
"Rabbit. I was going to say that." Eunji snorted.
 
"Sometimes, some people aren't worth your time even though you put in a lot of effort to build up the relationship between the both of you," He said. "Take some time to get over him. You'll be okay. I doubt that Chae Soobin will have a good time if she realises that he has been two timing her too."
 
"You read the news?" Eunji asked, raising one of her eyebrows. 
 
"It was all over the internet this morning," He explained. "The moment I open the homepage of naver, the picture of his zoomed in face was there."
 
Eunji stifled a laugh and hit his arm playfully. He smiled when he finally saw her face lit up for the first time during this 1 hour meeting.
 
"Don't you have a girlfriend?" Eunji asked out of the blue. "Or someone that you like."
 
Mino nodded his head and rub his nape in embarrassment. "I have, but I'm not sure if she felt the same way." He said.
 
"Ah," Eunji nodded her head. "Good luck then."
 
Silence fell in between them again.
 
Mino cleared his voice and played with his fingers.
 
"It's the first time, right?" Eunji asked, her gaze fixed on the lighted building in a distant. "That we are actually having a serious conversation."
 
"Yeah," Mino answered. "We are always fighting."
 
"Because you're always annoying me." Eunji said and laughed.
 
"You annoyed me in many ways too, okay." Mino snorted and checked his watch for the time.
 
"I have to go back now," He said. "All the best for tomorrow when the news is out." 
 
Mino turned and walked off slowly, his hands tucked in his pockets to protect his hands from freezing in this cold weather.
 
"Song Minho," Eunji shouted. 
 
He turned and stared at her for a while. It's been quite some time since a girl called him by his real name. 
 
"Thanks." She said and smiled before waving goodbye to him.
 
He just smiled and walk off. 
 
Eunji felt better after talking to him. After all, he is the only person she can go to during this period of time.