04.

UNOFFICIALLY IN LOVE

MINO

 

About 3 days to the release of the news.

 

Mino's members have realise that he hasn't been himself lately. He became rather quiet and not focused during practice, unlike his usual self. Taehyun sensed that something is amiss and decided to ask him after practice that night.

 

--

 

"Hyung," Taehyun called as he peeked into the older one's room. "What are you doing?"

 

"Hm, nothing. I just finished a song." He yawned and stretched his arms. "Why?"

 

Taehyun entered the room and sat on the bed. "Is something bothering you?" He asked.

 

Mino coughed and shook his head. "Nothing." he said while avoiding eye contact with the younger one.

 

Figuring that Mino is keeping something from him, Taehyun frowned and pulled the older one next to him.

 

"I promise I won't tell," He said, trying to sound extremely convincing. "I didn't even tell Seungyoon that you ate his last piece of favorite cake that he left in the fridge and I didn't tell Jinwoo about that incident when you threw his favorite underwear away and-"

 

Mino instinctively covered Taehyun's mouth to stop him from talking just in case the other members are outside and they overheard their conversation. He sighed deeply before deciding to tell Taehyun everything.

 

On a condition that he keeps his mouth shut.

 

--
"I envy you, hyung." Taehyun whined. "Eunji is such a good singer and I could learn some techniques from her if I'm close to her!"

 

"Shut up, little brat." Mino snapped. "Do you know what kind of situation I'm in right now? She have a boyfriend already and I'm going to be the 'third party' when the news blow."

 

"Did she tell her boyfriend?" Taehyun asked. "She must have told her boyfriend, right?"

 

Mino shrugged his shoulder and shook his head. 

 

"I don't think she told her boyfriend," Mino sighed. "This 'fake' dating thing is supposed to be just within the group of us and not anyone else, not even the members."

 

Taehyun's eyes widened in surprise. 

 

"N-Not even us?" He exclaimed and quickly covered his mouth just in case the other members heard him. 

 

Mino nods and sighed. "That's why it's so frustrating because I can't tell anyone about it."

 

A cheeky smile crept up Taehyun's face and he linked his arm with Mino's. 

 

"But you told me," He said. "I'm proud to be your secret keeper."

 

"Ew, don't act all maknae to me, go back to your 'I don't care about the world' mode." Mino laughed and shove the younger's arm away jokingly.

 

--

 

1 day before the release of the news.

 

Eunji didn't even contact him to address about the news. It was all quiet and peaceful.

 

For now.

 

Mino yawned and stretched his body lazily. He's been making songs till late night these few days and he's extremely tired. He reach for his phone on his bedside table and turn it on. The bright light from his phone blinded his eyes for a moment and he groaned in annoyance. He went onto Naver to check the latest news and  a news caught his attention.

 

"VIXX's N caught dating Sassy Go Go's co-star, Chae Soobin"

 

--

 

EUNJI

 

2 days before the release of the news.

 

"Should I tell him?" Eunji mumbled to herself and stared at her phone's screen as she bit her nails.

 

She shook her head and put down her phone. "I can't."

 

Just then, Chorong came into her room. 

 

"Yo, Ji." Chorong smiled and waved at the younger girl. 

 

Eunji force a smile and waved at the older girl. The idea of asking for Chorong's opinion popped into her head but she hesitated about asking Chorong because the older girl might find it weird.

 

"Unnie," Eunji called out to the girl who was flipping through her desk, looking for her colouring book. "I have something to ask you."

 

"Go ahead and ask," Chorong said, her back facing Eunji as she continue to look through the pile of books on her table. "I'm listening."

 

Eunji bite down on her lips hard. "Okay, so, I have a friend who's a celebrity," She said, playing around with her fingers. "Her company wants her to date this guy she hates but she have a boyfriend already."

 

"Uh huh," Chorong turned around and looked at her and waved the coloring book she found.

 

"Her company don't allow her to disclose the fake dating plan to anyone else," Eunji continued. "Should she still tell her boyfriend?"

 

"Is it against the contract?" Chorong asked, hugging the book. "If it is, I think she shouldn't tell the boyfriend because it might ruin her career once the company finds out."

 

Eunji sighed and pouted. "So you think that way?" she asked.

 

Chorong nodded her head and thought for a while. "This is what being a celebrity is, right?" Chorong pouted and placed her head on the big book she's hugging. "You lose your privacy and the company have the rights to 'control' you."

 

Eunji scrunches her nose and sighed. The older girl went over and pat her head.

 

"And you," She said. "Focus more on your practices these days! You're losing focus and this is so unlike you." 

 

"Okay, unnie." Eunji force a smile at the older girl. "I will!"

 

--
1 day before the release of the news.

 

"Oh, My, God." Namjoo screamed and her voice echoed around the house. "Eunji unnie!"

 

Eunji toss around her bed and groaned before covering her head with her pillow. Namjo came running into the room, her phone in her hands. 

 

"Unnie!" She yelled and shook the older girl. "Look at this!" 

 

Eunji pulled the pillow away and frowned before taking the phone from Namjoo. The other members were gathering outside the room with a look of worry on their faces.

 

Eunji's eyes widened in disbelief when she saw the news.

 

"H-how could that be..." She sat up in her bed, feeling lost. "This can't be..."

 

There was a long silence.

 

"Did he cheat on me?" Eunji blurted.