Fate

Bbom Bbom Bbom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What happens to her?” pointing her chin towards Namjoo’s direction, Bomi asks Chorong.

The leader can be seen heaving a sigh before she asks Bomi back, “Has she not told you about it yet?”

Wrinkles appear on her forehead. She shakes her head, wondering what had happened to their cheerful dongsaeng, “Why? What makes her like that? Is it related to our programme? But she was alright yesterday, during the filming.”

“I’m not sure about it but the reason might beTaehyung,” Chorong whispers, looking at Namjoo who sits across them and seems to ponder with a mug in her hold.

Bomi raises her eyebrows, does not seem too surprise about it. “Yeah, that can be it,” without looking at the elder, she gets up from the couch and goes to her room.  Not even five minutes, she leaves her room wearing her favourite grey jacket and white sweat pants with a mask covering her face.  She goes straight to the front door.

Chorong who still on the couch, engross in the drama she is watching, does not budge when Bomi says, “I’m going out for a while unnie. Please tell the hyungs  and the others that I want to meet my friends.” Namjoo is not there anymore, probably in the kitchen or in her room.

“Yeah, just come back in time! I’m not in the mood to make excuses,” Chorong yells from the couch which Bomi barely hears because she already outside the apartment.

She goes to the nearest bus station and after a while of waiting, she rides a bus. To be honest, she does not have anywhere specific to go because she has no plan to go out that night. However, looking at the soulless Namjoo changed her mind.

The state which Namjoo is in makes her anxious. She does not know the reason but Namjoo’s condition somehow reminds her of someone. Someone that makes her think that one should be careful in choosing a partner.

Being an idol is never an easy task but she loves singing and somehow, the attention that people give makes her feel appreciated. She loves her fans for loving her no matter how ridiculous she sometimes can be. She is herself until she felt in love with one of the members of a famous boy group. She was happy to be in love and even happier because the man was feeling the same. So, they couple up.

But, the curse of loving someone well-known was somehow haunting her. She became too conscious about people in her surrounding. She tried her best not to be too obvious and sometimes went too extreme by not contacting or replying to her boyfriend’s messages or calls. She was afraid that the fans might know about the relationship. Everything was to be expected from the fans especially the sasaengs. And if the truth was to be busted, that would bring her group to the deepest slump. She loved her boyfriend but deep inside her heart, she did not want to destroy her group’s future.

However, her boyfriend was contrasting her nature. He assured that fans would never know about them. He was care less. He even boldly showed his interest towards her during the end year festival. Even though he did not come to her but his stare was always following her. There were times when she caught him staring at her. He smiled at her but she did not. Her boyfriend was not cool about it and started to doubt her feeling. She reasoned her action but he did not seem to understand it. They fought, started to ignore each other and finally broke up.

It was a painful memory for Bomi. She broke into pieces and had a hard time continued her routine. She was not the usual her for quite some times until Chorong with the help of Eunji, knocked her sense back by lecturing her for hours. The dongsaengs were there too at that time, doing nothing but looking at her. Hayoung could be seen trying to console her but Eunji was strict and she did not let anyone giving any kind of consolation, not until Bomi listened to them and starts to rationalize.

Bomi looked at the other members while Chorong lecturing about how she had wasted time mourning on the breaking relationship. They gave her understanding looks and she knew that Chorong and Eunji understood her feeling too.  She did not know what to do when the realization hit her but she started to cry. Namjoo who could not bear the situation got up from her seat and hugged her. Looking at each other, the members followed the action. They gave her a big and tight hug. Then, she wept like an innocent baby. After that, she shielded her heart from falling for any other male idols, especially the famous one.

She was happy when Namjoo said she was in relationship with Taehyung, one of the BTS members. But, the concern of what Namjoo would face throughout the relationship bothers her because she does not want Namjoo to experience the same hurtful memory she had. Who does not know BTS nowadays? Even the non-fans know them because of their immense popularity.  When talking about their fans ARMY, they probably in par with EXO-L. The loyalty they possess and not to mention, the extreme ones.  (*cough*sasaeng) They give happiness but at the same time they can hurt everyone and that include their own biases.

And, the thing that concerns her is happening to her lovely dongsaeng. She knows Namjoo is just like her. Afraid that people might know about the relationship. Considering how thoughtful Namjoo is, she is even more paranoid than her. Bomi is not blaming Namjoo though because she knows that love is hard to control. She feels guilty instead for not warn her beforehand about the pain she might feel one day. She was too late because the days have come.

Bomi is too into her thinking that when someone pats her shoulder, she squeals a bit. She looks at the person and it is a man who wears loose black tee, black ripped jeans, a black cap and a black mask. She scrutinizes him for a while and he is quite fair for a man. However, no one appears on her mind. She cannot recognize him but the man’s dull eyes or is it no-spirited eyes, catches her attention. 

“Miss, it’s the last station. The ahjussi asks me to tell you,” pointing at the bus driver, he tells her. The voice, it sounds very exhausted. She finds the voice familiar but she cannot tell whose specifically.

“O-okay, thanks,” she quickly stands up and before getting off the bus, she thanks the bus driver.

She still wondering who the man is until the familiar exhausted voice calls, “Miss, miss, your bag.” She is contemplating for a while, looking left and right, making sure that the voice is calling her before she turns her head. The same man who woke her up handing her a dark brown bag. The bag is hers and she almost forgets about it.

“Oh my goodness, thanks a lot! I’m sorry to bother you again,” she takes the bag and bow to show her gratefulness.

Without saying anything, the man nods his head before walking pass through her. She can see blonde hair under the black cap he is wearing.  His head is hanging low and both of his hands are tucked in his jeans pocket. Bomi does not know who exactly the man is but she somehow can tell that he is an idol even though he is not as tall. He indeed has an idol figure. Plus, her instinct.  

“Well, he probably needs his own time alone too,” without going deeper into the matter, she looks at the night sky and starts to wander around the area, clearing her mind until she gets tired and later goes back to the apartment.

Namjoo is in no better but worse condition after that night. She keeps daydreaming and barely taking her meal. Unlike her, Namjoo never tells the members about her problems and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter