Guilt

Bbom Bbom Bbom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The flying scarf landed on a man’s face. The scene reminded her of a scene she used to see in a romantic movie where the man usually would take the scarf off his face and eventually making eye contact with the owner of the scarf. The imagination made her freeze. She was awestruck for a while until she felt something hit her face.

Widening her eyes, she yelped, “Ouch!”

It was her scarf that hit her face and to her surprise, the man she hated the most was the one who held onto the scarf.

“Are you crazy? What are you doing?!”

She yelled and somehow attracted people who walked along the hallway. People were staring at her judgingly. She could feel her cheeks were blushing but she managed to ignore them. The staring was not only for her after all. The tall man standing in front of her was one of the reasons.

“What were you looking at? Am I that handsome? ” the man finally talked.

She wanted to slap her face because she knew it was her fault for looking at him, dreamily. It was all because of that good-for-nothing drama she watched last night. Her imagination had become too wild and weird. She better burn the CD later. 

“Are you that concern about how I think about you?”

She wanted to shoot him back with something that could annoy him and she knew, this type of question would be enough. The man can be seen irking and making his usual annoyed face which she loved to see.

“Say that to yourself!” he said before leaving her.

A victory smile carved on her face. What an immature brat, she said only for her to hear.

A sudden tapping on her right shoulder surprised her, again. Why did everyone wanted to surprise her today, of all days?

“You are immature too, you know?”

Without looking at the owner of the voice, she rolled her eyes and walked forward, wanting to go to her waiting room which she wanted to do since before.

“Hey immature brat, you shouldn’t ignore me?!” the man ran after her and patted her head. 

“Kyung-ah!”

“It’s Kyungie oppa, Bbom,” he said while showing off her healthy teeth.

“Oh God… Can you not say that with that idiotic smile? I’m afraid I might have nightmare.”

“You are planning to dream of me. Ohhh… I never thought you are that sweet Bbom,” his smile widened. He liked to tease Bomi since their childhood days. Bomi was once like that too but an incident changed her.

“Not in the mood, Kyung. You better stay away from me.”

That was not Bomi that he knew.  Bomi usually talked more than him and she would be the one who led the conversation. A less-talkative Bomi was scary and he hated that.

Inhaling the suffocating air around them, he said, “Bbom, it had been a year and why in heaven are you still upset? Jiho had explained the situation and even apologized to you which he shouldn’t do in the first place. You know he never do that to anyone else but you. Why didn’t you trust him?”

Hearing the name of that man circulating an unknown feeling inside her. It was painful and hurting that somehow made her dizzy. Her tears were on edge and would be flowing in no time. The memory automatically displayed in her mind, too.

Flashback…

“Hi, Bbom! How have you been?” Jiho hugged her from the side and inhaled Bomi’s scent. It had been months since the last time they met up. He missed the woman so much.

“Oh, God…have you taken your shower?” Bomi whined but still letting Jiho did what he wanted to do. She missed Jiho too. They had been in the relationship for about a year but barely met each other due to the tight schedule.

She knew Jiho from none other than her bestfriend, Park Kyung. Jiho first made the move by calling her. He asked for her permission to meet him at the park, next to their apartment. There, he confessed his feeling and to his surprise, Bomi accepted the confession. Bomi found the event was strange at first. She was curious to whether Jiho was serious or not and so, she accepted the proposal.

After a month of dating, she could tell that Jiho was sincere. Her doubt eventually decreased and she started to trust Jiho. She liked Jiho for his caring and perfectionist nature which was very opposite of her. He never missed to check on her every day and that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter