Two

He's My Sweetheart!

Youngjae gets out from her shower as she started to dress up her school uniform which had been prepared by maid in the house. She then comes in front of the full-length mirror to look at her face and tidying her long brown hair. She smiled watching her beautiful face and begins to whistle some happy tune. After she done with everything, Youngjae grabbed her bag and get out of her bedroom. She was downing the stairs happily and goes to the kitchen.

"Mummy!! Good morning!", Youngjae backhugged her mother affectionately.

"Good morning, my sweet daughter. Go eat your breakfast", Mrs Yoo turned around and kissed her only daughter's nose which makes Youngjae giggled. Yongguk who just coming down smiled seeing this while he takes a seat besides their father who was reading a newspaper.

"Daddy, good morning too! Oppa, good morning!", Youngjae kissed both of her father and her older brother's cheek before sitting in front of Yongguk.

"Good morning too you, princess", Mr Yoo and Yongguk replied in unison. They laughed.

"Where is Himchan oppa?" Youngjae took one of toast bread and biting on it a bit.

"I'm here, princess. Good morning", Himchan replied and kissed Youngjae's long hair. He ruffled Youngjae’s hair which making Youngjae to whine. He sat himself besides his younger sister. Mrs Yoo comes out of the kitchen and smiled seeing her children's good term. 

"Good morning, oppa and don’t touch my hair!" Himchan laughed hearing it.

"Princess, how was your school?", Mr Yoo started a conversation. He folded the newspaper and put it aside. He takes a sip of his coffee while staring at his beautiful daughter. Youngjae definitely takes after his wife.

"Good. I’m doing well, daddy so you don't have to worry. Your only princess here is really a smart student. I'm also a captain of volleyball this year."

"That's cool. Keep going and don’t hesitate to ask Daddy if there is anything you need."

“Okay.” Youngjae winked at her father. Mr Yoo laughed at his playful daughter.

 

~

It was Daehyun's first day at Matoki High School where he found it was a strange name of school in Seoul. After being force transferred here three days ago, he had no choice but moving out of his house at Busan and sadly bidding goodbye to Mrs Kim who he considered as his mother.

Daehyun was in a deep thinking as he walked to the bus stop with both of his hands inside the pocket and didn't bother to looks right or left as he crossed the road casually. A car which is not so far from him honked loudly to him which making him shocked to the death. With a slow reflex of him, Daehyun barely backed out of the road as the car crashed on him lightly. He falls on the ground dramatically while groaning in pain when his palm touched the rocky road. Aisshh.. what a bad day to start~ T_T

"Yah! How can you cross the road without looking your sides?!", Yongguk comes out of the car with an angry face. Daehyun rolled his eyes and trying to stand up carefully.

“I’m sorry. It’s my fault”, Daehyun bowed lightly, hoping that the guy in front of him will let him off.

“You better be! Aish, this poor people!”, Yongguk cursed inside as he entered his car. Daehyun watched the guy and noticed there is a girl beside the driver side. The girl was busy playing with her smartphone as if nothing had happened now. That girl looks pretty in Daehyun’s eyes.

Pin!!

Daehyun startled with the honk and he looked back at the guy. Yongguk glared at him and making a gesture asking the boy to move which Daehyun did it. Yongguk’s car then drove away from the scene, leaving the boy without caring about him.

Daehyun hissed at the feeling of pain on his palm.

 “Yah! When you drive, please look at people too! Aish, chinjja!” He shouts.

 

Meanwhile in Yongguk’s car…

"Who was crossing without looking the road nowadays? Is he wanna die early? Aish, too young to suicide”, Yongguk comments. Still grumpy about the incident.

“Maybe it’s not his fault. Oppa too. Don’t crash on people if they don’t notice. You should slow down the car”, Youngjae mumbled while playing with her game.

“It’s not my fault. I’m the one has right on the road. He should press the button of traffic light if he want to cross.” The car stopped at the front of Youngjae’s school.

“Yeah.. whatever oppa. I’m going first. Plese drive safely.” Youngjae said as she get off the car. Yongguk just humming lazily and waved at his sister before leaving the school.

 

~

 

Youngjae was walking to her locker to get her books for the first lesson and being greeted by none other than her cousin, Naeun and Jongup.

“Hey guys! Aren’t both of you too early today?” Youngjae enters a password of her locker and started to take her books that she needed.

“Yah! You are the one who always late. Forget it. It’s not important. Hey Youngjae. I heard you turned down Mark again”, Naeun said. She wriggled her eyebrow amusedly.

“That guy. Never ending to seduce you. How comes girl likes him?”, Jongup scoffed. Mark is one of Youngjae’s secret admirer and the biggest playboy in their school. He always loves to play around with the girl’s feeling after he had enough fun. Not yet to mention the way he bullied the weak students. Jongup doesn’t like someone like him to being his cousin’s boyfriend.

“They just too blind with his handsome face, Jongup-ah. But sorry, I am not the one. He is a sweetalker until I thinks I might vomit with his words.” Youngjae pretends to vomit as they laughed at the sight.

Then, they walked side by side towards their classroom while making a fun towards each other. As they entered the class, someone had bumped on Youngjae in front of the door. Her books fell on the ground as she cursed whoever it is. Everyone’s eyes turned to look at their princess and gasped.

“I’m sorry!”, Daehyun apologized immediately as he bents down to pick up the girl’s books. After he done, he stands up and wanted to hand out the book to the one he bumped on. His eyes met with the sight of the beautiful girl in front of him who looks not please with the incident.

“Yah! Watch where you are going! We are not shooting a drama to bump on me purposely when you like me”, Youngjae took her books from Daehyun’s hand in a harsh and clearly not happy.

“Excuse me?”

“What? You think this is BAP song ‘Excuse me’, huh? Aish~.” Hearing Youngjae’s word, everyone was muffled their laugh as they knows very well at Youngjae’s fanatic of idol group called BAP. Meanwhile, Daehyun was dumbfounded.

“If you like me, please confess later. I’m not in the good mood because of you!”, Youngjae still in full of herself which making Daehyun snickered at the girl.

“Excus— No. I think you misunderstand me. I’m not bumped on you purposely, miss. I’m trying to get into my class.” Daehyun explained.

“My class is here too! Wha—“

“Then, can both of you enter the class right now? I’m going in”, a voice interrupts Youngjae’s word which turned out to be their homeroom teacher, Mr Song. Youngjae smiled sheepishly before throwing a glare towards Daehyun. Daehyun widened his eyes and he makes a smug face. She goes to her chair beside Naeun.

“You must be the transfer student, right? Come here and introduce yourself”, Mr Song said. Daehyun walked to stand by Mr Song’s side. He scratched his hair awkwardly as he looked around his classmate-to-be. His eyes met with Youngjae’s glare as he brushed it off simply.

“Emm.. it’s Jung Daehyun. Please take care of me well”, Daehyun bowed lightly and flashed a charming smile as the girl students swooned over him. The boys are welcoming him to their school and there are a few of them are praising his good-looking face.

"Wow! You are really handsome! Is he angel coming to the earth?!"

"Are you single? Let’s date!!"

"Do you have a girlfriend, Daehyun-ah?"

“Daehyun-ah, let’s hang out later bro!!”, one of the boys shouts in the midst of girls.

And so many respons which making Daehyun slightly uncomfortable. He just not expecting that kind of responds from his new classmates as he thought they will dislikes him at the first place. From his research about this school, Matoki High School are known with the rich students, unlike him.

"Celebration on the first day!”, Naeun stands up while folding her arm on her chest like a princess. Youngjae stared at Daehyun boringly. Then, everyone was fussed around and gives encourage to him. Daehyun looked at Mr Song in confusion, asking what is it.

“It was their way to greet the new student. You can do whatever you want. Sing or dance should be fine.” Daehyun mouthed an ‘O’ in understand. Then, he looked back at his new classmates that waiting him in anticipation.

“I’ll just sing.”

Hae jilmuryeob nal kkeulgogan balgeoreum
Nun ddeoboni ijeun jul aratdeon gose
Ajikdo neo-e daehan miumi
Nama itneun-ji
Ijen jay-ur-opgo shipeo
Shiganeun haegyeor-hae jurira
Nan mideotji keugeotjocha eo-riseogeo-sseulgga
I-jen heulleo-ganeundero
Nal matgillae neowa sangg-wan-eopjanhni

Cheoeumbuteo noran jonjaeneun
Naegen eopseosseo
Niga naegen haetdeushi
Kieoghae naega apa-haetdeon mankeum onjengan neodo
Na anin nugu-ege ireon apeum gyeo-kkeul teni,
Mianhae ireohke bakke
Hal su eopjanhni cheongmal ireol su bakke
Neocheoreom dashi shijakhal su itneun
Keu dari ogil,
Neoreul saranghal su eopgo
Neoreul miwonhaeya haneun nal wihae

< Footsteps - Emerald Castle >

A round of claps was heard as soon as Daehyun finished the simple song he sing. He opened his eyes to look at his new classmates as they were giving a thumbs up of his honey voice. Then, Mr Song shushed them to tone down the voice before asking Daehyun to an empty sit beside Jongup. He didn’t let off the way Youngjae scoffed at him when he walked to his seat as he mocked the girl by doing ‘mehrong’, success making her pissed off. Let’s welcome to the worst, Jung Daehyun. He sighed.

"Okay, let's continue our lesson. Turn to page 135."

 

~

 


The song above.. Daehyun had sang in once at '1000 Song Challenge' during 1004 promotion.