Fourteen

He's My Sweetheart!

Daehyun was hardly to keep himself awake during the entire lesson as he didn’t get enough sleep last night. He was too tired because he had to work until past midnight due to birthday event that was being held at the café. After he reached his home, he didn’t goes straight to sleep yet as he started to do his homework which was he supposed to do if he had a chance while working.

He yawned for thousands time since the first lesson and trying to listen whatever the teacher was talking about but nothing goes to his mind. Jongup who was beside him frowning a bit when Daehyun was practically almost hit his head on the desk. He patted the blonde’s shoulder gently and motion to Daehyun to pay attention towards the class. Daehyun only flashed him a sleepy smile and shaking his head lightly to throw away the sleepiness inside of his body. It only last for seconds, before the blonde couldn’t stand anymore as he let himself dozed off.

“Daehyun-ssi?” Mrs Eunha called the sleeping boy sternly. She had been eyeing Daehyun so many times since the class started. Everyone turned their gaze from the teacher to look at the called person. Youngjae looked at the blonde who had his head on his desk, sleeping peacefully. Jongup was froze as he sheepishly smile to their teacher. The teacher decided to approach Daehyun’s desk instead.

“Daehyun-ssi, wake up.”

“Hmmm… I wanna cheesecake…~” Daehyun mumbled. His classmates immediately cupped their mouth, holding back their laughter when the teacher gave them a glare to shut up. Including Youngjae. She thinks Daehyun was funny while sleeping.

“Jung Daehyun-ssi. Wake up!”

Daehyun jolted up his body when the teacher tapped the ruler in her hand on his desk repeatedly. He blinked and looking around confusedly before laid his eyes on the teacher. A cheeky grin formed on his sleepy face.

“Stand up and stay outside until the class over.” The teacher ordered him which making Daehyun pouted sadly. He sighed before making his way out of the classroom as the teacher continued her lesson. Daehyun shifted foot by foot while looking on the ground with absent minded. He yawned once again and rubbing his face tiredly.

Then the thirty minutes passed as the bell rang signing the class was over and being continued with the next lesson. Mrs Eunha comes out of the classroom with her books wrapped on her chest, turning to look at her student.

“Next time please don’t sleep in my class. The mid-exam was around the corner. You should pay attention on your studies.” She said in a gentle voice.

“Neh, ssaem. I’m sorry for sleeping.” Daehyun bowed to her. His teacher just sends him a soft smile before she permits herself to her next class.

“Yah, are you okay?” Jongup immediately asked to his friend when they were walking next to each other to change their clothes for P.E lesson.

“Hmm… I’m fine. Thank you for asking.” Daehyun answered while messaging his neck constantly to let some blood rushed to give him an oxygen to the brain.

“Really? You’re not looking so fine to me.”

“Don’t worry, Jongup-ah. I’m just tired because of working late last night. That’s all.” Daehyun lied to reassure Jongup despite of him feeling like his head would be explode due to dizziness that suddenly attacked him. I wish I could sleep now…~

“How were you and Youngjae? Is everything okay?” Jongup decides not to push Daehyun further and asking the next questions bugging on his mind.

“Hmmm… I don’t know. Maybe not. She doesn’t talk to me today. I guess I did something wrong then.”

“What do you said to her that day? She’s crying for the god sake and trust me, I don’t like it. You’re my friend and she’s my cousin. I never hesitate to kick your ball if you’re hurting Youngjae.”

“Woah… cool bro. It’s just… I-I…” Daehyun looked around the locker room nervously where the boys changing their uniform into white t-shirt. He leaned to Jongup a bit closer.

“What?”   

“Urm… I-I… I-I k-kiss her last Sunday in her bedroom and I ask her to forget.” He whispered loud enough for Jongup to hear. He watched his friend’s reaction. One. Two… Three… A loud groan was heard from Daehyun’s mouth when Jongup choose to smack his head hardly.

“Ah why are you hitting me? Aish… no wonder you’re Barbie’s cousin...” Daehyun mumbled at the last part while rubbing on his poor head. All of his sleepiness and dizziness gone away immediately. He pouted as he changed his clothes silently.

“No wonder she’s crying! You stupid Busan!”

“Why? I did not say anything wrong! Why are you so defensive when I’m the one kissed her? Remember bro, she took my first kiss.” Daehyun said like a drama queen. His friend gave him a disgusting look as he watched Daehyun.

“Itch. Such a girl. It’s more weird when a guy so defensive over his first kiss. That’s supposed to be a girl’s role to be like that.” Jongup snickered to the blonde.

“I saved that for my first girlfriend!”

“Then, go date her!”

“No thanks. Never. She’s not my type. So brutal.”

“Aish you stupid. I never met a friend so stupid like you, Daehyun-ah.” Jongup was done with Daehyun’s stupidity over the little thing called love. He went out of the locker room while smiling widely and couldn’t wait to spread the news to Naeun.

 

~

After some brief explanation which making the students sighed in relief, Mr Nam decided to let them to play whatever they want as long as everyone stayed safe inside the gym. The class president, Minhyuk suggests to play basketball among themselves which the boys agreed without complain. Hearing them, Naeun and Eunji volunteered to be a referee as they just wanted to see those hot boys played. Youngjae snickered at them as she makes herself to sit on the side bench, looking at them as the game begins to start. The other girls was soon joined her to watch the game where they cheered their own favorite boys.

Her eyes were directly watching Daehyun who was throwing the ball to Jongup skillfully. She admired his serious face while playing the basketball and keep her inner-self from fangirling over how hot and y the blonde can be. Why I didn’t notice this before?

“Wow~ Daehyun was good in basketball.” Youngjae’s ear perked up at the name of blonde boy. She glanced slightly to see whoever talking about him which turned out to be Yerin.

“Yeah… he’s good and handsome too. Oh my god… how y he can be huh? I felt my heart was done by looking at him.” This time it was Umji who was responding to Yerin.

“Look at his body. I wonder if he has abs.”

“Of course he have it! Those muscles on his arm… I can’t take it!” Umji clasped her hand together while staring on Daehyun lovingly. 

Youngjae unconsciously bit her bottom lip and clenched her teeth in jealousy. She didn’t like it at all when the girls were praising and squealing over Daehyun’s face and his body. She looked at the blonde who meets her eyes unintendedly. The princess rolled her eyes and broke the contact.

“Don’t you want to try to get inside of his pant? Maybe he’s good in bed too.”

That’s it! Youngjae was completely pissed off as she stood up off the bench harshly which gaining attention from the other girls. Yerin and Umji gulped in fear. They forgot what they were talking about as the realization hit them in seconds. From the court, Daehyun was staring intently to the princess and frowning when he saw Youngjae was about to leave until he didn’t noticed the ball coming towards him.

“Daehyun, watch out!”

Being a person who has a slow reflex is he, Daehyun turned his head but immediately faced with the upcoming ball which managed to hit hard on his handsome face right way without anyone can be stopped. He falls to the gym floor flatly and couldn’t remembered anything as the darkness swept away his vision.

 

~

Daehyun frowned a little before opening his eyes slowly and be welcomed by the sight of white ceiling which he couldn’t describe where he was actually. The frown become more exaggerate when he saw a sleeping girl on his side, locking their hands together. He tried to gather his memory what was happened to him while staring to the brown hair girl full of confusion all over his face. As on cue, the girl stirred on her sleep and fluttered her eyes opened before she noticed Daehyun was already awake.

“Yah! Since when you’re awake? Are you okay? Is there anything hurt?” The girl asked in a fast speed along with a worry written all over her face.

“You don’t know how worry I am when you’re fainted just now. How can you be stupid not notice the ball coming to you?! But you’re already stupid so no wonder you got hit~” The girl scolds him and had insulting him casually. Daehyun kept his mouth shut up while wondering where he had seen this familiar girl.

“Yah! Why are you so quiet? It’s not so you to be like this.”

“W-who are you anyways?” Daehyun asked confusedly.

“…… W-what?! Did the ball knock you that hard until you got amnesia?! I’m Youngjae, stupid!” The girl named Youngjae was looking at him in disbelief.

Daehyun was thinking for a while before sighing in relief when he suddenly remembered what happened actually. But he couldn’t help but to frown back… why would he seems lost just a moment ago? Like he had a temporary amnesia? Is the disease ever exist?

“Yah, are you okay? I call Uncle Jinwoo if you’re not feeling well.” Youngjae suddenly didn’t want to yell at the blonde more as she watched Daehyun’s reaction.

“Ah… no. It’s okay. I’m fine now. Just forgot how to use my brain.” Daehyun smiled softly to the princess which making Youngjae’s heart beats faster.

“T-then… what’s with the look? You seems lost.” The princess changed her expression into poker face as if she wanted to mask her feelings. After all, they are not in a good terms lately… or since the beginning ever. But this time was different, right? They didn’t talk to each other these past days.

“Maybe I was tired until forgot you, Barbie.” Daehyun chuckled as he tried to sit up on the bed slowly. The dizziness immediately rush to his head which making him groaned uncomfortably. Youngjae was kind enough to help him before sitting on the edge of bed and started to message the blonde’s head gently.

“Didn’t know you’re this nice, Barbie. And thanks.” Youngjae scoffed while continuing her doing in silent. She doesn’t care anymore about Daehyun’s nickname to her even she still strongly dislikes being called as a doll.

“Youngjae-ah.”

“What?” The princess responded to him lazily.

“W-what do you feel when I… k-kiss you?” The hands comes to stop abruptly once the question asked as Youngjae was suddenly feel nervous around Daehyun. The blonde turned his head to look over the princess who kept quiet behind him. Their eyes met to each other before Youngjae the first one broke the eye contact. She cleared her throats while faking a cough.

“I-I… you are okay now, right? I-I got to go.” Youngjae was about to get up but Daehyun’s hand fast enough to hold her wrist.

“Why? Tell me. And why are you crying yesterday? I only asked you to forget about –“

“I can’t forget it easily! You’re the first guy makes me like this. Now, let go of my hand.”

“What? What am I doing to you? Okay. I kissed you and you kissed me before. We kissed! Shouldn’t it fair to us?” Daehyun was confused because he just couldn’t understand what Youngjae means that she cannot forget about the kiss. (Author: Someone please knock his head -_-)

“Yes that’s right. But the different is I didn’t kissed you like you did! Aish, chinjja! I’m going crazy soon.”

“Kiss me like I did then. So you wouldn’t hold grudge to me.” Daehyun said bluntly without knowing what his brain told him. Youngjae gasped before rolling her eyes in disbelief. The blonde took a minutes to realize as he then grinned to the princess awkwardly. His ears was turning red as soon as his face too.

“I think you should do x-ray on your brain. I wonder if it had damaged by the ball.” Youngjae had enough as she left the blonde alone in the room.

“Waarrrgghhhh~ I’m embarrassed~” Daehyun hides his red face on the pillow while whining like a child. He couldn’t believe he asked Youngjae to kiss him so straightforward.

Meanwhile… outside the room, Youngjae was muffled her laugh at Daehyun’s bluntness and she could heard Daehyun’s whining immaturely. She shook her head with a wide smile on her beautiful face before walking away from the room and muttered something lowly.

“How can I falls to you, hmm?”

 


~


Thank your for subscribing and give this story a lot of love! <3