Thirteen

He's My Sweetheart!

It has been three days since the incident, Daehyun was avoiding the princess all of his might. Every time Youngjae wanted to talk to him, he will excusing himself as if he had something to do or pretending someone called for him when actually there’s none. Even during lunch, Daehyun didn’t appear at the cafeteria. Jongup was confused seeing their weird attitude and keep wondering what had happened between these two idiot friends of him last Sunday. Not only him, Jongup bet on whatever he had, everyone was same as him especially DaeJae fanclub member where he just got to know that name from Naeun who acts as the president club. They were shippers to that couple.

Jongup stared at his beautiful cousin who was poking on her foods lazily. He was really sure that Youngjae was in deep thought by the look of biting her bottom lip lightly. Naeun nudged her elbow to him which making Jongup turned to look at her. She wriggled her brow towards Youngjae, asking without words which the latter replied by shaking his head. Then, he gives her the look you-ask-her but she refused flatly and order him to ask Youngjae. They were glaring towards each other while nudging the elbow to make one of them lose in their weird game and asking the princess in front of them.

“Argggghhhh!” Jongup and Naeun were startled by the sudden scream from Youngjae as they turned their head to look at her. Everyone who was enjoyed their lunch meal almost dropped their food before it got entered their mouth. Youngjae was pissed off without they know what is the reason of her being like that.

“How dare he ran away after did that to me??! I really want to kill him!!” Youngjae grabbed the fork and brought it to her face while staring on it through her small eyes. Her two cousins watched Youngjae in a horror on their face.

“Youngjae?” Naeun called hesitantly. The princess still fixed her eyes on the fork and clenching her teeth angrily as if it was her victim.

“Yah… what’s wrong with you? Are you going crazy?” Jongup asked bluntly. He jumped a little when Youngjae put the fork on the table harshly before glaring at him.

“I’m going crazy if that stupid Busan doesn’t explained what he did to me! I was curious to death and all he do was running away from me! Who is he to think, huh? He can’t run from Princess Yoo! I’m going to hunt for him by myself. Just wait Jung Daehyun!!!” Youngjae slammed the table making everyone widened their eyes as she stands up furiously. Jongup and Naeun gulped their saliva because as far as they grew up with the princess, they never saw Youngjae this angry over someone like this.

“W-what-what he do to you?” Naeun couldn’t help but stuttered badly as sweat slowly forming inside of her body.

“Ask him by yourself! I’m going to find him NOW!” Youngjae walked away from their table and leaving the cafeteria with everyone was gaping their mouth wide opened.

She continued her walking to the rooftop where she thinks that the blonde might hide as she secretly had been watching his movement for the past three days. Youngjae stepped on the stair while huffing loudly because she just couldn’t get over the fact that she’s been kissing with Daehyun passionately on that day. Youngjae admits that it was her fault too for responding the kiss but Daehyun started it first! And she cursed on her stupid heart for beating loudly when their lip touched.

She stopped in front of the door of the school rooftop and warming up her small fist, looking like a gangster wanted to punch their prey and sends it to hell. After gathering some strength on it, she opened the door harshly.

“JUNG DAEHYUN!!!!!!” Youngjae yelled loudly. That was enough to make the blonde who was lying comfortably on the ground, jumped on his position and quickly sit up. Daehyun widened his eyes looking on Youngjae, clearly pissed off.

“YAH! You can’t run from me anymore!” The princess locked the door before resting her body on it and crossing her arm like a diva. Daehyun silently cried in his mind. He was not ready yet to explain anything towards the angry girl as he was trying to find the answer too. He scratched the back of his neck, not knowing what to do.

“Don’t act stupid than you already was. I want your explanation!” Youngjae tapped her foot impatiently. She blew up her bang in order to calm down her burning heart.

 “Err… err… hmm… I-I… I’m…”

“You what?!”

“I’m sorry!” Daehyun blurted out.

“Sorry? You said that before. What kind of explanation that?” Youngjae scoffed.

“Aish! What do you expect me to explain? I also don’t know why I did that to you. I can only say sorry for it now. Let’s settle this by forgetting whatever happened between us, okay?” Daehyun said in frustration.

For these past three days, he couldn’t sleep well because of thinking the thing that he shouldn’t do at the first place. He had been sorting of his feelings either he was kissing Youngjae because of lust and his teenage hormone or he actually likes her without him noticed. Daehyun was scared of the second choice. He didn’t know how should he reacts if it was true. Then the next thing he hated to admit… Youngjae was the first girl he ever kissed that way while the truth is he has zero knowledge about it or any kind of relationship. Daehyun was secretly enjoyed the kiss and he feels the blush formed on his cheeks because of shyness suddenly comes inside of him.

“You ask me to forget that easily?! You’re bastard! I was confused and dying to know if you ever likes me the way you kissed me… and all that you explained was forgetting it?! How could you… I-I…” Youngjae was lost to find the words to say. Her eyes suddenly brimmed with unknown tears. She didn’t know what kind of feeling she should had now.

Youngjae was really mad of her stupid and weak heart now. All these days, she was thinking Daehyun might have some feelings towards her because she hated to admit that she had fallen on the blonde after the kiss happened. She never being so intimate with any guys and always tried to avoid any kind of relationship. Youngjae was not an easy girl despite of everyone wants her. She has her own pride as the one and only Yoo princess. But Daehyun easily tamed her by those plump lip of him.

“Then… what should I do? I don’t like you and you don’t like me, right? Just let it be as some kind of lust between us. We are teenagers with hormones anyways. Aren’t it easy?” Daehyun said the last sentence slowly because Youngjae was killing him by the intense glare she threw to him. He didn’t realized those tears because he was blind when it comes to read about someone’s feeling.

“That easy?” The princess looked anywhere and prayed so that her tears doesn’t fall. “You don’t know what you had done to me. And I hate you because of that.”

Youngjae spun around and opened the door harshly before leaving Daehyun who was confused by her words. She was running down the stair with tears that she had been holding falls down on her cheeks slowly. How dare he’s playing with my heart? She cursed herself silently because she was expecting too much over something that so ridiculous to her.

“Oh, Youngjae-ah? Where are you---Yah, why are you crying?” Jongup who accidentally bumped on the princess in the hallway, put his hands on Youngjae’s shoulder when he noticed the tears. His cousin tried to hide her face by looking on the ground and wiping her tears clumsily.

“Youngjae!” Daehyun’s voice was heard when he was already reached there. Youngjae didn’t think twice to push Jongup’s hand and running without caring if some students saw her crying.

“Youngjae! Wait!” The blonde wanted to chase after her but got stopped by her cousin, Jongup. He grabbed Daehyun’s arm firmly.

“Do you make her cry?!” Jongup said in an icy voice. He glared at the blonde as the protectiveness over Youngjae came out naturally from him. He didn’t considered whether they were his friends or not because Youngjae always his priority. Her brothers trusted him to take care of the princess when the school time.

“I-I don’t know. Is she crying? I didn’t do anything to her just now!” Daehyun was more confused than before as he frowned to Jongup.

“If you do anything to hurt her, I won’t leave you alone.” Jongup gives a last word with full of warning and he walked away from Daehyun. The blonde was flustered with his friend’s sudden change.

 

~

 

Youngjae was staring blankly to the ceiling without anything on her mind. She was tired and sleepy but she just couldn’t let her eyes closed. She glanced over her phone which had been receiving messages constantly from Daehyun. After few minutes, her silent room was disturbing by the song of ‘Young, Wild & Free’ remix version which sang by her beloved idol BAP played loudly as her phone’s ringtone. Youngjae took it lazily and stared at the name displayed on her screen. Daehyun.

She didn’t want to answer the call as she let it be until it shut off by itself. She saw the messages and debating whether want to read or not. Why am I acting like this actually?

Youngjae was thinking heavily before comes to a conclusion which turned out to be it was her first time to fall in love. Confession was the last thing she wanted to do because she was not ready yet to get a rejection from Daehyun. Plus, she is not one of those girls who easily to confess to her crush in expectation that he feels the same way. Youngjae let out another sigh of that day. At the end of debating with her inner self, she opened the messages one by one reluctantly.

From Daehyun,
Barbie… are you okay? Is there something wrong that I said without me noticed? -4.45pm-

From Daehyun,
Yah! Don’t ignore me! -_-|| Jongup said that you were crying just now. Why? -5.15pm-

From Daehyun,
I guess I did something wrong by my own words. I’m sorry then. :( And still sorry about the k…kiss. I couldn’t find a word to explain anything to you. -7.28pm-

From Daehyun,
Barbie… No. Youngjae-ah… reply me, will you? I’m worried about you. -8.02pm-

From Daehyun,
Yoo Youngjae… I’m sorry and really really sorry. I’m not good in persuading a girl or someone. Can you forgive me? Please…? -8.15pm-

From Daehyun,
The kiss… I was shy to admit but I enjoyed it. -9.00pm-

It was the last message from Daehyun which managed to make Youngjae’s heart flustered and suddenly racing once again in abnormal way. Her lip was tugging at the corner of unconsciously smiled when she knew that is not only her enjoying the kiss. But Daehyun too.

“Why are you smiling alone like a crazy person?” Himchan entered his sister bedroom like a usual thing he does and frowned when he saw Youngjae looks like being possessed by something until she smiled like that.

“Oppa! You shocked me!” Youngjae pouted and glancing at her brother while sitting up from her fluffy pillow.

“Why? It’s normal if I come in without knocking your door. So tell me… what’s with the smile, huh?” Himchan crossed his arm as he makes himself sits on the edge of Youngjae’s bed. It was like other days as he loves to visit his sister at her bedroom in the night just to have some chitchat since they hardly to meet during weekdays. He doesn’t want Youngjae feels alone as a daughter in the house and hoping to become someone that Youngjae could lean on.

“Nothing. I was thinking of something.”

“Something or someone?” Himchan’s question didn’t have to answer as Youngjae who once he thinks never blush before, was blushing by the colour of her cheeks right now.

“What… yah, I can’t believe that you’re blushing! Are you in love with him?? Who’s that guy? He needs to get my permission first before you can date him!” Himchan said with the protective voice could be sense on it.

“Eyy… oppa. I didn’t say anything yet. How can you jumped in conclusion like that?” Youngjae whined, not fond with Himchan’s protectiveness over her.

“Why can’t I? You’re my one and only beautiful and charming sister I ever had. I have the right to know. Oppa doesn’t want he hurts my precious’s feeling or else he must have a death wish for that. Now, tell your oppa.”

“Erm… I’m not really confident yet, oppa. He doesn’t know that I had feelings towards him. I just found it lately.” Youngjae mumbled, enough for Himchan to hear.

She was fiddling with her teddy bear’s ear and looking down. Himchan watched her movement and suddenly found it was cute to see Youngjae like this. The princess never falls on any guys and he thinks maybe Youngjae was startled by the sudden feeling she had. Now he was wondering who was the lucky guy.

“So… what should I do then, oppa? I don’t think he even likes me when we were practically bickering to each other every time. It’s my fault too. I got carried by my feelings and at the end, it’s not worth it. I’m expecting too much.” Youngjae laughed sadly.

“Is the guy... Daehyun, right?” By the surprise look of his sister, Himchan smirked. His wondering comes to end shortly as he received the answer immediately.

“H-how do you k-know?”

“Eyy… Jaejae-ah. You’re like an open book to me. Oppa knew you too well.” Himchan laughed as the princess slapped his arm hardly after hearing the nickname he love to call when Youngjae was a baby.

“I’m not a baby anymore, oppa. Stop calling me that nickname.” She scolds.

“Why? It’s cute as you are. Anyways about that stupid Busan guy you named him, even I don’t like him at all yet but I thinks he’s okay for now. But once he hurts your feeling, I send him to hell like I’m promise before. And, don’t be too sad. You didn’t confess yet… why are you looking like you just got rejection from him? Aigoo… I can’t help by thinking that you’re so innocent about love, Jae-ah.”

“I am because it’s my first love ever. Oppa, what’s will you thinking if he enjoyed the kiss?” Youngjae decided to ask the question.

“What?! Have you two kiss??! How dare he did that without my permission? Remind me if he comes over so that I could kill him!” Himchan said furiously.

“Aish, oppa! Answer my question!” Youngjae whined like a spoiler kid she is.

“Aiiii… it’s means that he might have feeling to you too. Guys didn’t kiss girls without a reason!”

Hearing the answer was managed to make Youngjae formed a wide smile while blushing like a teenager would do when they were in love. Himchan was done watching his sister completely strucked by the love of the blonde boy named Jung Daehyun.

 

~


I didn't realize that I wrote this chapter till 3 in the morning! xD 

And guys... what do you want more for the next chapter? :D

Lastly, Thank you for those 36 subscribers! *throw heart* SarangDAE YOO!