Sixteen

He's My Sweetheart!

Youngjae was waiting anxiously while tapping her foot on the floor behind the stage with her other classmates as Daehyun didn’t show up this morning until now where the singing competition will be held later. Some of them were trying to calm her down because the princess could blow up in any minutes if Daehyun still not appeared. She glanced at the watch on the wall while biting her thumb nail which was her habit lightly. Their turn will be the last one but it already almost halfway of the competition since it was begin early in the morning today.

“Daehyun has not come yet?” Eunji asked as she fixed Youngjae’s long hair which had be styled beautifully.

Everyone could say that she is real princess or angel from heaven with her white chiffon dress up on her mid-thigh, white high heels and some accessories such as bracelet on her right wrist and white wedding hairband along the simple make-up did by none other than her own cousin, Naeun.

“I already texted him but he’s not reply. Wherever he is, I kicked his ball if he showed up later.” Youngjae shot a glare at to the wall. The boys were cringing when hearing that while the girls just laughed at them. But then, a clicking sound was heard by her smartphone.

From Daehyun.
I’m sorry… I couldn’t sing with you today. Something was come up all of sudden. I wish I could perform with you :(

“What the f***?!! Is he saying that he couldn’t come??!” Youngjae shouted… cursed making her classmates turned their gaze to her in horror.

“What’s wrong, Youngjae?” Sungjae asked in concern. The princess didn’t say anything as she passed on her smartphone to him while she was trying to hold her anger. Her other classmates were surrounding Sungjae to know what had making Youngjae mad.

“Yah… what’s with him? How could he called off for the last minutes?” Umji comments in dissatisfied voice.

“Aissh! What we will do now?” Changsub palmed his face with exasperated face. Naeun watched Youngjae as the princess was glaring to no one with unreadable expression.

“Okay, this is our last performance for today. Let’s welcome our school princess Yoo Youngjae and her partner Jung Daehyun!” A voice owned by Byun Baekhyun as the MC for the competition was heard. They looked back to Youngjae with an anxious face.

“Youngjae-ah.” Naeun called her carefully when the princess doesn’t make any moves to the stage.

Youngjae snickered in hurt before she took the microphone and walked to the stage confidently. As if nothing happened. A loud clap and some of audiences or should said as Youngjae’s fans were whistling towards their beloved princess. And some of them were asking where is the Jung Daehyun when they saw Youngjae was standing alone on the stage. But they brushed it off when the stage goes to a dim lightning which enough to make Youngjae glowed beautiful way like she was. She closed her eyes briefly as the music was played in the hall and putting her microphone near to her lip.

[Youngjae]
Sesang eoneu gose geudae sumdeorado
Naneun geudael chajanael suga isseoyo
Geudaega eopdamyeon
Geudaega eopdamyeon
Nae simjangeun ttwiji anheunikka

Sarangira guji malhaji anhado
Maeumeuro naneun al suga itjyo
Geudaeman itdamyeon
Geudaeman itdamyeon
Amugeotdo nan pillyo eomneunde

You are my everything to me
You are my everything to me
Haneurui byeolcheoreom hwanhage bichwojuri
Geudaeneun namanui sarang
Yeongwonhan namanui sarang
Uri saranghaeyo
Geudae hanamyeon nan chungbunhaeyo

 

The first verse was ended and the students were stunning with Youngjae’s beautiful voice along the song lyric that she choose to sing. Youngjae was poured out her heart through the song while her mind couldn’t be stopped by thinking of certain someone that she had fallen for. As she was about to sing the second verse which supposed to be Daehyun’s part, a familiar honey voice beat her from doing that.

Youngjae including the audience were frowned in confusion as her eyes searching for him. She was halted when the door hall being opened gently, revealing Daehyun who was flashing his famous charming smile towards Youngjae as he walked to the stage while singing.

[Daehyun]
Geu mueotgwa bigyohal su isseulkkayo
Geu mueotgwa bakkul suga innayo
Geudaeui sarangeul

Geudaeui maeumeul
Geu nuga daesin hal su innayo

The princess was stunned at how handsome Daehyun was in those long black coat with his style hair dyed in black colour which contrast to what she wore. As the now black hair male reached on the stage, her heart softened with the sudden surprise but she kept on her expressionless face.

You are my everything to me
You are my everything to me
Haneurui byeolcheoreom hwanhage bichwojuri
Geudaeneun namanui sarang
Yeongwonhan namanui sarang
Uri saranghaeyo
Geudae hanamyeon na chungbunhaeyo
Ibyeolhaneun il eobseulgeoeyo
Geudaeege sangcheojuneun il
Nunmul heullige haril na eopdorok

[Youngjae]
You are my everything to me
You are my everything to me
[Daehyun]
Uri byeonchimayo
Sewori heureundaedo
Geudaeneun namanui sarang
Yeongwonhan namanui sarang

[Together]
Uri saranghaeyo
Seulpeum eomneun sesangeseo uri...

The song comes to end perfectly with the combination of their voice as Daehyun and Youngjae give a polite bow to the audience. Being a gentleman he is, Daehyun helped Youngjae downing the stairs with holding her hand as it wouldn’t want the princess falls due to her high heels.

“Yah Jung Daehyun! How could you fooled us?! You rascal!” Changsub greets them as he lunged forward to the black hair male and locking Daehyun’s neck inside of his arm. Daehyun was bursting into laugh and was struggling to get off from Changsub but their classmates also joined them to punish Jung Daehyun. Youngjae didn’t wanted to care as she walked off from the scene. All of their classmates was stopped their punishment on Daehyun when they noticed the cold expression from the princess. Changsub released Daehyun immediately and the latter was sighed in relief. He looked at them weirdly when he feels the tension around them.

“Oh man. Look what have you done.” Sungjae said.

“What?” His stupid yet dumb question was answered in painful way when Naeun decides to hit his head hardly.

“Auchh! Ah why~ What I did do wrong?”

“How could you ask us? Youngjae was seriously turned to hulk if she ever met you later. Why would you sends her the message that could disappointing everyone?! To her mostly? We thought Youngjae would perform alone just now.” Naeun told the stupid boy.

“It’s not my fault! Jongup was suggesting me to send the message. He wanted me to surprise Barbie. I thought all of you played role in his mission.” Daehyun explained to defense himself as he thought that they will let him off. But it goes wrong when his classmates glared at him with a look go-persuade-Barbie-named-Youngjae-now. He scratched at the back of his neck awkwardly before pouting to himself.

“Go to her, Jung Daehyun.” Eunji crossed her arm over her chest while raising single brow to him, annoyingly. The latter let out a heavy sigh before making his way towards Barbie named Youngjae. I swear I kill you Moon Jongup. It’s all your fault and I had to face grumpy princess.

Daehyun approached the princess with a hesitant steps, afraid if suddenly Youngjae get up from where she was and kicked his baby maker without he couldn’t react faster. He gazed on his classmates who mouthing to him a silent good luck before they continued to play around themselves while waiting the result. Daehyun cleared his throat purposely to make Youngjae noticed that he was there. But the princess didn’t glanced even once as she continued typing something on her smartphone. He couldn’t hide the nervousness that coming inside of him.

“Uh… Youngjae-ah. I’m sorry. It’s not my plan, okay? It’s Jongup! I swear. You could kill him for doing this surprise to you. He thinks it will be cool if I didn’t show up on the stage with you but coming from the door hall instead. So… uh… I did it…” Daehyun tried to talk with her. However, Youngjae still ignoring him as he never there.

He eyed the princess’s expression but his heart was thumping in abnormal way when he saw how beautiful Youngjae can be from this side. Daehyun softened his gaze and unconsciously his plump lip twitched a little, forming a soft gentle smile. Lately, he always wondering why he suddenly admired the beautiful face of her, her small lip, her white pale skin and Youngjae had been all in his mind for these past days.

“You’re… beautiful.” The black hair male unconsciously whispered loud and that was managed to make the princess froze on her spot.

The compliment was sincere and making Youngjae thinks there were butterflies in her stomach. Her cheeks was turning red before she regained her posture again and looked at Daehyun with a stern face. Their eyes met briefly as Daehyun broke the eye contact awkwardly. He cursed himself for saying it loud and wanted to hide his face, feeling embarrassed of it.

“You shouldn’t joke around, Jung Daehyun. You don’t know how I felt when I got the message. We had practices so much for this competition and suddenly you wanted to back off? You think this was funny? If you wanted to surprise everyone, you can. But not in this way.” Youngjae scoffed at him.

“I don’t like it! I don’t like to be fool by you! I was waiting for this competition to be perfect like what we had planned before. I was worried when you didn’t show up this morning. I waited for you too long! Nothing goes right with you! I thought I will perform alone but then you came out of nowhere. I really really hate –”

Youngjae’s words was being cut when a pair of plump lip met hers, shutting whatever she was rambling. Her heart was immediately melted by the kiss and cursing it mentally in her stupid mind why was she easily give in to this stupid Busan. She closed her eyes furiously and pushed the latter in front of her gently. Her eyes met with the brown one which an inch from her. Daehyun’s eyes were really capturing at this moment with his soft gaze.

“There. I’m sorry, okay? I won’t do it again if you don’t like, hmm?” Daehyun apologized softly. The princess was staring and frowning at him in confusion.

“Don’t kiss me nonchalantly, you stupid. You don’t even like me, yet you acted like my boyfriend.” Youngjae punched Daehyun’s chest lightly, still furious which making Daehyun chuckled at her while grabbing her soft hand.

“What if I like you?”

The sudden confession was caught Youngjae off guard. She gazed to Daehyun, asking the truth. Daehyun might looked cool outside but inside of him, he was nervous as hell to say that because he also was not sure about his feelings towards Youngjae. However, he was definitely sure there was something that makes his heart racing when he saw Youngjae with this closeness. Without him realized, the princess was fulfill his days by thinking of her. It makes him flustered as his ears begins to become red. Then, before the princess could noticed it, their moment was being disturbed by their classmates from a far.

“Yah lovebirds! Come here. They want to announce the result!” Jongup and Jimin shouted to them. Daehyun turned back to Youngjae and give her a gentle smile while helding out his hand to take.

“Let’s go!” He said as Youngjae reached out his hand and both of them standing up together before approaching their classmates.

“Both of you could continue whatever you guys doing later. Let’s hear the result first.” Jongup smirked when he saw Youngjae looking down in embarrassment. While Daehyun was rolling his eyes in annoyance.

“Okay! Thank you for waiting patiently for the result and now it had be in my hands now. Who will be the winner of singing competition this year? But let me say the prize first. The winner will get a trophy, a certificate of participation, the school will supporting a holiday trip to Jeju Island for the whole class along a cash prize for the winners only. And without wasting the time anymore, let me call the winner………” The drum roll was heard in the hall as the audience was shouting out their heart, guessing the winner in their own opinion. Youngjae unconsciously squeezing Daehyun’s hand as the latter looked at her with a reassuring smile. Even she already won many times, but she couldn’t help feeling nervous about it.

“The winner for school singing competition of this year…… our school princess Yoo Youngjae and her prince Jung Daehyun!!” Baekhyun announced it excitedly. The audiences were burst into loud screaming as their classmates were crushing both of them into a group hug.

“Youngjae-ssi and Daehyun-ssi, please come out to the stage.” Baekhyun called them as he gestured them to the middle of stage. The couple was walked in with their classmates followed them like a monkey just got a bucket of flower. They received the prize with a bright smile on their face and secretly glancing to each other.

“Why don’t one of you give a winning speech?” Baekhyun give them the microphone but Daehyun gestured to let Youngjae talk on his behalf.

“Uh… even you guys already heard me give a winning speech so many times but still I want to thank you guys. This winning was completely different from previous years because this time I sang with Daehyunie. And I would like thank to him too. He was really put a great effort on this competition. Seeing him practice hard every day, I couldn’t help but be like him too. Lastly, please give him a big clap for enduring with my princess attitude to him.” Youngjae laughed at her own words while looking at Daehyun. The latter was bowing shyly to the crowd. She hands back the microphone to Baekhyun.

“Daehyun-ssi. Everyone was well-known that you’re the first guy managed to catch our school princess's cold heart. So why not you expressing this winning to her?” Baekhyun’s words success making the whole hall roared in excitement. Daehyun was dumbfounded as he looked around for his classmates.

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Everyone chanted in unison. Youngjae was gazing somewhere else as she tried hard to hide her blushing face from them. She kept fanning her face as the chanted continuously asking Daehyun to kiss her.

Daehyun was no different from Youngjae as their classmates were whistling and teasing the couple. They were having fun making them blushing more than ever. But then, Daehyun took a brave steps closer to where the princess was and easily noticed that Youngjae was nervous like him. He turned Youngjae to face him gently as the princess ran her eyes away from looking straight to him.

The black hair male put one of his hand to Youngjae’s cheek as he leaned forward and down (Jae is shorter than him, right?xD) before capturing those sweet small lip into his plump one. The princess didn’t pushed him as she slowly melting into the kiss, as if wanted to tell Daehyun how she felt towards him. She gripped on Daehyun’s long coat tightly. Both of their eyes fluttered close to enjoy the innocent kiss while their heart were dancing to the love song inside of their mind. At the moment their lip touched to each other, the whole hall were screaming and squealing like a fan would do if they saw their favourite idol. Some of them were capturing their pictures and the others were enchanting ‘DaeJae’ loudly.

Daehyun pulled away and gazing to the princess with his alluring eyes as Youngjae opened her beautiful eyes that he adored so much to stare at him.

“I think I like you, Barbie.”

 

~

 


Here the song, Like A Star by Taeyeon & The One > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8eVpTotIxg 

I could imagining Daehyun sang this song as if he ever sing >_< but never. ^^

Please give me a comment for this chapter cause I wanna know. I was thinking it was not good enough :(

And guys, I'm updating this because BAP's Carnival had been released! I choose 'My Girl' and 'Go' as my favourite song ^^)

Below, This is what Youngjae and Daehyun looked in the competition :)

        

Daehyun in black was my favourite okay! <3 <3 <3