Three

He's My Sweetheart!

It was a lunch time and being a Daehyun who loves food more than anything, he is the first one storming out of the classroom in a flash without giving a chance for Jongup (which he learned the name just now) to ask Daehyun to get a lunch with him.

“What the… ? He disappear in a split second!”, Jongup comments as he goes to the school cafeteria along with his two cousins. They were welcomed with the sigth of Daehyun already stuffed his mouth with foods. This makes Youngjae scoffed in disgust as she stands on the line.

“Daehyun was really handsome. Aigoo… I haven’t met such a handsome man for this long time”, Naeun watched Daehyun with a dreaming look.

“He’s not that handsome. I can’t believe he tried to hit on me like this morning. Such a drama. ”, Youngjae pushed her long brown hair out of her shoulder. She takes her foods and wanted to go to their usual table.

“You know the truth, princess. He’s trying to get into his class. Not hitting on you”, Jongup smirked as he knows Youngjae just misunderstood and wouldn’t admit it because of her pride.

Then, Youngjae saw her beloved cousin turned to Daehyun’s table and sat down beside the new kid with his smiling face. Naeun who saw Jongup, then followed him as she stared at Daehyun. Still with her dreaming look. Youngjae’s jaw dropped how her cousins betrayed her by sitting with the person who she doesn’t like for the first time!

“Hi~”, Naeun greets the blonde boy with her sweet voice while battling her eyes to get Daehyun’s attention. Daehyun who was stuffing the foods, coughed hardly. Not because of Naeun but because of the girl who he bumped on this morning, sitting down in front of him with her annoyed face.

Jongup was kindly enough to hand him a drink which he takes immediately by sipping it to clear his throat.

“Yah, what are you doing here?!” The shouts success to attract everyone’s attention. Who wouldn’t be? It so loud! Jongup and Naeun had to close their ears with hands since they are in the same table.

“Eating, stupid! Don’t shout! It hurts my ears!” Youngjae answered the same way with Daehyun. She takes a bite on her bibimbap. Jongup and Naeun startled as they not expect to hear the high pitch voice from their cousins.

“I’m not stupid! I’m asking because you don’t belong here!”

“I belongs to everywhere I want. So shut up. I’m trying to eat peacefully. And don’t talk with your full mouth! It’s disgusting.” Youngjae watched the blonde as Daehyun gulped down whatever he was eating before spatting out.

“I do what I want! Go somewhere else. You ruins my mood to eat.” Daehyun huffed.

“You too! And why would I do that? I bet you’re screaming inside your heart to have someone as beautiful as me to sit with you.”

“Beautiful my ! You’re not different from a Barbie doll to me.”

Jongup muffled his laugh as it was quiet surprising for him to meet a boy who doesn’t fall for Youngjae’s charm on the first sight. Normally, every guys in the school would praising Youngjae’s pretty face along with her S-line body and practically do whatever the princess wants just to date with her. Daehyun was an exceptional. He also bet the guy had his death wish to call Youngjae a doll which his cousin strongly dislike.

“Yah! How dare you to call me that! I’m not a doll!”

“Yes you are. Barbie Doll”, Daehyun smirked seeing Youngjae clearly pissed off with his teasing. He admits she’s beautiful but her attitude annoyed Daehyun to death.

“Are you really want to die? I swears if you said once again, you die!” Youngjae wanted badly to wipe off the smirk as she glared fiercely at the blonde boy like a prey she’s gonna killed.

“Really? Go ahead. You aren’t scaring at all, BARBIE.”

“You—“

“Yah, yah, yah! Stop it. Don’t start a World War IV here.” Before anything happens, Naeun thinks it was the best to end the argument. Otherwise, she never meets her prince charming anymore by the way Youngjae glared at Daehyun.

“I’m not eating!” Youngjae stands up and leaving the table with an angry face. Everyone immediately turned their looks to their friends and pretends nothing happens. Better not to mess with Youngjae when she is in bad mood.

“Hey my princess~”, Mark cooed when he saw Youngjae wants to leave the cafeteria. He stopped in front of her with his friends trailed behind him.

“He’s dead.” Jongup said flatly as he proceeds to eat his meal. Daehyun tilted his head to the side, wondering what is he means for.

“Hope Youngjae gives him a mercy”, Naeun replied, shrugging her shoulder. Daehyun take a look on Youngjae which he learned the name from the girl in front of him.

“Move while I’m being nice.” Youngjae stated fiercely.

“Woah, there. Loosen up. I’m not doing anything yet. How about we eats lunch together now?”, Mark didn’t budge on his spot. His finger was touching Youngjae’s smooth hair lightly. His friends whistled to Youngjae. The princess scoffed before smacking the finger and do what everyone didn’t expect at the first place.

“Argggh!!!”

The whole students gasped while Daehyun’s jaw dropped as his eyes grew as wide as fish eye. Meanwhile, Jongup and Naeun were still eating like it was a normal thing.

“Bye~” Youngjae blews off her bang and waved seductively at Mark and his friends who had mouth opened wide. Somehow she felt satisfied.

“Yah, don’t kick on my babymaker!”, Mark shouts painfully.

“Daebak.” Only that word comes out from Daehyun’s mouth. His mind mentally noted not to mess with Youngjae beyond her limits.

 

~

 

Daehyun went inside his apartment after coming back from his work which he managed to get as soon as he arrived at Seoul. He needs to work to support his life which is as a waiter at the café nearby the school. It is easier for him as his shifts started at 7pm until the late night and then straight to his house.

He entered his bedroom where only has some furnitures such as mattress with a single pillow. It was all enough for him to get his rest from a long day. Daehyun landed his tired body and a heavy sigh was let out from his mouth. He stared at the ceiling as he begins to think of his poor life.

Actually, it is not he wants to live like that but it just happened because he was alone in this entire time. Daehyun doesn’t quiet remembered how he ended at some orphan house at Busan when he was 8 years old. He woke up one day with no memories at all except for his name and his age at that time. By referring to Mrs Jang who was the owner of the orphan house, she found Daehyun at the river near there, unconscious and weak. She was relieved that Daehyun was still alive and rushed to the nearest hospital. The doctor diagnosed him having an amnesia due to the unknown accident. Then, it was the beginning for his new life. Daehyun tried to live as a bright boy as he felt it was his nature and decided to move out of the house to find some pieces of himself at the age of 15. He wanted to being an independent person.

During his high school at Busan, Daehyun felt so angry towards anyone if they were insulting his parents even he doesn’t remembered their face. He was okay to be bullied by Hongbin gang but never to talk bad about his parents or else, they must have their death wish.

But Daehyun felt grateful to the principle to transfer him here as he got to free himself from bullying this time. Or he thinks like that for now. All of sudden, Youngjae’s face went into his mind without being invited.

“She's really beautiful~”, Daehyun comments unconsciously. He smiled because it was the first time he ever looked at the girl. Normally, he will brushed off any girls who took interest into him but Youngjae was different.

“Ah.. I’m so sleepy.” Daehyun yawned without caring to cover his mouth and turned to his side to let the sleepiness comes over his tired body. Less than second, he dozed off into a dreamland.

 

~