Preparation

Keeping Up With the PTA Moms
5:35 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
JUHYUN:
Yes.
 
5:35 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
JUHYUN:
I mean.
 
5:35 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
JUHYUN:
To the date.
 
Juhyun knew herself must be going crazy. Why would she say yes to a date with a person she had only met once? The brief conversation they had was the only interaction between them.
 
It was obvious that TV shows made her biased. Yoona's face, too, deceived her.
 
It could not be blamed on Juhyun, that she accepted the date. It was Yoona's fault.
 
It must be.
 
5:40 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
YOONA:
Yay! How does tomorrow sound?
 
Tomorrow? If she recalled correctly, her parents said something about something that she did not pay attention to. That was something. Irene seemed very excited for the event as well. Wendy must be involved, according to that logic.
 
Right. They were going to have a picnic. Wendy was whining about sunlight and whatnot.
 
Juhyun could have used this opportunity to back out and never speak to Yoona again but, she wanted to see her, too.
 
5:41 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
JUHYUN:
I have a family event tomorrow.
 
5:41 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
YOONA:
:(
 
Yoona was adorable. Little people knew this fact about Juhyun, that she liked--loved--using emojis. It was to the point where even her parents found annoying. However, with friends, she rarely used them. She had to keep her cool image, since she already had a pink maniac mother.
 
5:42 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
JUHYUN:
We're going on a picnic. You're welcome to join. Our family friends will be here, too.
 
5:43 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
YOONA:
Really?
 
5:43 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
YOONA:
Wait. Does that mean I'm meeting your parents?
 
Juhyun did not think about that. Yoona was likely to be discouraged and decline the invitation now. She could help but feel a bit disappointed.
 
5:44 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
JUHYUN:
Yes. I understand if you don't want to come because of that.
 
5:45 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
YOONA:
Are you kidding? I'd love to meet your parents! Old people love me!
 
Old? Jessica and Tiffany would have made a scene if anyone called them that.
 
5:46 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
JUHYUN:
Don't let my moms hear that. I don't think they are that young, but you know how women can get.
 
5:46 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
YOONA:
Moms? Plural?
 
Again, information that she had not had the chance to tell her.
 
5:48 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
YOONA:
That's so awesome. I can't wait to meet them.
 
5:49 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
JUHYUN:
One of them is my biological mom.
 
She might as well provide that information. It was not often that the topic came up.
 
5:51 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
YOONA:
I shall guess who when I meet them!
 
Yoona was so energetic. Juhyun could get used to having someone like her in her life.
 
*=
 
The tension in the room was thick. Jessica stood opposite from Tiffany and looked at her coldly.
 
"I can't believe you did this behind my back."
 
Jessica held her wife's phone in hand. She was furious. She could not believe Tiffany would betray her.
 
"Of all people, you had to choose that shorty."
 
"It was a spur of the moment decision."
 
"I was made a fool for your enjoyment."
 
Tiffany did not think Jessica would take this matter so seriously. They all had fun. Did they not?
 
"Jessi, you look ridiculous before without those Snapchat filters, and you make weird noises!"
 
"False statement."
 
"I have proof."
 
Even if Jessica deleted the videos on her phone, Taeyeon's phone would have backup copies.
 
Tiffany knew she had won.
 
"You're going to regret filming me. I assure you."
 
Her victory would not last long.
 
Jessica would get her revenge.
 
Both Jessica and Tiffany knew they were not good cooks. Sometimes they wondered how Juhyun and Wendy grew up healthily (or at all).
 
However, Jessica took up the task of preparing food for the picnic, because that was her revenge to her lovely wife.
 
Tiffany loved eating, so Jessica would make sandwiches that suited the occasion. For example, she could put sugar, spice, and everything nice--probably not--in the sandwich.
 
In the end, she decided to just make them taste salty and sour. It was the better choice, or else it would take her wife forever to figure out what was wrong with the food.
 
*=
 
Irene noticed her mother's phone beeping incessantly on the kitchen counter. She picked it up, just to be sure it was not due to an emergency.
 
4:16 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
TIFFANY:
Taeyeon!
 
4:16 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
TIFFANY:
Jessi's gonna kill me for doing this.
 
4:17 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
TIFFANY:
But
 
4:17 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
TIFFANY:
She is adorable!
 
4:17 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
TIFFANY:
[Video attachment]
 
4:17 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
TIFFANY:
DELETE
 
4:17 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
TIFFANY:
YOU SHORTY
 
Irene could not believe what she just witnessed. Jessica was not as scary as she thought. Tiffany, once she looked past the whole pink thing, was nothing to be worried about. No wonder Juhyun took up the task to be the scary one. Her parents were not reliable at all.
 
Irene could finally relax now that she did not behave to impress Wendy's parents. She could stop being so nervous around her parents.
 
She placed the phone on the counter again and left the house in high spirits.
 
If only she read past messages from Tiffany to her mother.
 
*=
 
Wendy hated going outdoors. Bugs would crawl all over the place. Mosquitoes would favor her the most. The sun would shine on her and give her a sunburn. How she wished she was a huge stone, because then none of those would be a problem.
 
Irene had asked if she were going to prepare food for the picnic. She would love to, but her mother was occupying the kitchen and making sandwiches. She smelt sourness even at ten meters away. It was unlikely that she could make edible food with the same facilities.
 
Things between Wendy and Irene had been weird. Neither of them expressed their feelings, but it felt like they were already together.
 
Wendy was sure that they like each other romantically, but Irene had yet to confess her feelings, after initiating most of their interactions.
 
Irene always looked at her with adoration. However, every time she wanted to say something, she stopped, like something or someone prevented her. Wendy could not figure out what.
 
(Juhyun was always watching them, but not anymore.)
 
Maybe it was time for Wendy to make a move. Tomorrow seemed like the best time to do it. She should send a message telling Irene that she would like to go on a walk with her. Just a little hint for the talk.
 
5:42 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
WENDY:
So tomorrow I'm gonna tell you I like you. Is that OK?
 
Her fingers slipped. Her brain fried. This was not how she planned for things to proceed.
 
5:42 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
WENDY:
iGRNOE TJAT
 
5:42 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
WENDY:
cancel last text no SIRI not send a new text are you kidding me SIRI
 
5:43 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
IRENE:
Cash me outside.
 
5:43 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
IRENE:
Catch
 
5:43 PM, Friday, Oct 6, 2017
IRENE:
I mean I'm at the door.
 
It seemed Irene was already at Wendy's house the moment she received the text. Wendy did not have time to wonder why or how before she stumbled out the door.
 
(No one needed to know that Irene actually planned to confess her feelings to Wendy today.)
 
"Did you mean what you said?" Irene asked hopefully.
 
"I do." Wendy replied.
 
Even though she did not think throughly before sending the message, it was her true feelings.
 
"I don't have a long speech prepared, because this is not a fanfic."
 
Of course not.
 
"I like you, too. I have been waiting for you to say it, because you are younger than I am. I don't want to feel like I'm pressuring you."
 
"I understand."
 
"Great! So, will you be my girlfriend?"
 
"Yes!"
 
"That was easy, when your sister isn't trying to kill me."
 
Speaking of kill...
 
"Don't eat the sandwiches."
 
"What?"
 
"Trust me."
 
It was a strange things to say following a love confession, but at least things went well.
 
Now that everything was in order, Irene got an idea.
 
"Can I abuse my power as your girlfriend?"
 
Wendy was not sure she understood the question.
 
"Yes?"
 
"Great!"
 
Irene lightly pecked Wendy's cheeks and left before she could react. She was not about to let Wendy see her face red. Teasing her was so, so fun.
 
*=
 
Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were getting tired of this fanta-soda-crush nonsense between their daughters. They knew they were practically in love with each other, but none of them were going to confess first.
 
"They are so behind compared to Wendy." Hyoyeon said.
 
"At this rate, next time we see Tiffany she is gonna tell me Irene and Wendy are sleeping together."
 
"Gee. Is it even legal?"
 
"It's not illegal until someone knows."
 
"Slow down there, Satan."
 
Joy turned to them at that specific phrase.
 
"Did you say my name?"
 
It gave the mothers shivers that she was able to hear their conversation, and to react specifically to that name...
 
"Nope! You're doing amazing sweetie!"
 
Sooyoung and Hyoyeon smiled and waved their hand in dismissal awkwardly.
 
Joy flipped her hair and continued her conversation with Seulgi.
 
"Anyway, we need to do something tomorrow." Sooyoung whispered to avoid anyone from eavesdropping.
 
"What's tomorrow?"
 
If only she could strangle Hyoyeon and not get arrested.
 
"The picnic."
 
"Easy. Eat all the food and they'll be forced to share theirs."
 
Sooyoung liked that idea a lot.
 
"Call Tiffany. She'll probably join in when food's involved."
 
****
Originally the picnic was going to be in this chapter, but I don't like to write too much so it's not here. I might jump around in the timeline before actually doing the picnic chapter.
Personally I find this chapter quite nice. Wenrene is finally together; Juhyun was texting Yoona when they had the talk. There won't be much Wenrene now.
Explanation for the Jeti part: Tiffany filmed Jessica using snapchat filters and sent it to Taeyeon.