Icing on the Cake

Keeping Up With the PTA Moms

"Mom, I need to tell you something."

 
"What is it?"
 
Juhyun regulated her breath and considered her language carefully, because she didn't want her mother to interpret her request in the wrong way.
 
"I don't know how to word this. I--"
 
"You are pregnant and feel so ashamed that you want me to disown you? No, Juhyun, I won't have that. We are a family! We can get through everything together! I won't give up on you, never."
 
"I'm touched by your speech, really. However, I just want to say that I can walk school so you don't have to drive me, starting from today."
 
"Oh, cool! So you're really not pregnant? You don't have to lie to me, you know. I can take it."
 
"I'm ignoring you and bringing an end to this conversation."
 
Juhyun escaped the pink nightmare that her mother created, or at least that was what she was telling herself for the time being. Another agony she has yet to deal with was the devil named Bae Joohyun, whom was texting on her phone, while emitting ugly, erted giggles. She pitied the poor soul that was conversing with that evil spirit.
 
Classes ended in a flash for her thanks to her lazy teachers. They coincidentally chose to show movies instead of lecturing. This was the power of collective thinking that constructed the Enlightenment.
 
After school, Juhyun headed towards her sister's school to pick her up. She thought of where she and Wendy can go after they have completed their homework assignments.
 
So, why was there a creep following her? That person wasn't afraid of being discovered by her either. Juhyun turned around and huffed when she saw who it was. It was the same girl who held immense interest in her sister during their first meet, whose sole presence screamed danger.
 
"Are you going home? Will Wendy be there?" Joohyun questioned, although she obviously knew the answer beforehand.
 
"What is it to you?"
 
"Well, Wendy invited me to eat her... Cake." Joohyun said, wiggling her eyebrows to make her intentions crystal clear.
 
"You'll have a burger instead." Juhyun spat. No one is allowed to touch her baby sister.
 
Joohyun scratched her head in puzzlement upon hearing her response. What did she mean by that? It surely didn't sound friendly, no matter what kind of burgers.
 
Nearing the school entrance, Juhyun spotted Wendy from afar, whom stood at the gate, glancing around, and finally noticed her older sister.
 
"Juhyun unnie!" Wendy opened her arms, ready to hug her sister. However, Joohyun reacted more quickly than her friend did.
 
"Wendy, I'm happy to see you too!" Using her not so visible height advantage, Joohyun embraced Wendy in her arms. The shorter girl was surprised by the unexpected and passionate welcome, but returned the gesture, nonetheless.
 
Joohyun observed Wendy while she was occupying herself in the kitchen. It was a lovely sight, seeing the girl being so enthusiastic with her newfound hobby.
 
"Wendy, you would make such a good wife."
 
"Thank you."
 
"Have you ever considered what kind of person you would look for? Your significant other?"
 
"Someone unlike you." Juhyun interrupted, disliking how she so eagerly wants to steal Wendy from her.
 
"Joohyun unnie is a good person." The most frustrating of all was her sister being so oblivious about everything and unaware of the tension between the two older girls.
 
"Wendy, your cake is amazing. I especially love the shape of it. I hunger for more."
 
"Well, the cake is finished. You can leave now." Juhyun cannot tolerate her most-likely-was-inappropriate language anymore.
 
"I actually need some help."
 
"In the head? Clearly."
 
"In English."
 
"No, we don't speak English. Leave."
 
"Oh, but Wendy told me otherwise."
 
"And how would you know?"
 
"We exchanged text messages. You saw me during school today, didn't you?"
 
"No, this is not real. I need to lie down." Juhyun felt an abrupt wave of pain invading her skull, causing her discomfort. She decided to vanish from reality for a while, leaving her sister with a potential criminal alone in the living room.
 
"How should we proceed with the study session?"
 
"I prefer doing it orally." Joohyun answered, flipping through the textbook until she found the conversation she was searching for.
 
"Could you say this line for me?"
 
"I like you."
 
"Oh, Wendy, I do too." Joohyun hoped that in the furute, she won't have to trick Wendy into saying this to her. For now, just let her enjoy this short-lived imagination.
 
"Why does this sentence look like it was written with a pencil?" Wendy voiced out her confusion, because the context of the conversation did not match well with typical textbooks.
 
"Does it? It is a used book, maybe that is why. What about this line?"
 
"Doctor, my back hurts."
 
"Let me have a look." Taking the opportunity, Joohyun rubbed Wendy's back.
 
"Unnie! That is not my back! Your hand has gone too low!" The sudden touch surprised the younger girl, although she doesn't hate it, but still she was startled.
 
"Oops, sorry. It slipped. Thank you for your help, I think I'll do well in my quiz tomorrow." She stuffed her book back into her backpack after accomplishing her goals.
 
"Are you leaving? Should I wake unnie up?"
 
"Yes, I am, and no, don't wake her up. She despises me."
 
"Unnie doesn't hate you. She is simply protective of me."
 
"I understand that, because I would do the same, too, if I were your sister. I would hate to be your sister though."
 
Irene's words filled Wendy's mind with disappointment, only for a short moment, however.
 
"Because then I would never be able to have what I am wishing for."
 
"Would you tell me about it?"
 
"You will know it, when I deem the right time has come, which I hope will be soon."
 
Joohyun's mother came to pick her up in a black Porsche. She was the one that taught her daughter to talk so inappropriately in the first place.
 
"That is not your friend, right?" Her mother pointed at the woman standing in front of the gate of the house.
 
"That's her mom."
 
"Super hot, and what a y she has."
 
"Ew, mom."
 
"Hey, you like butts too! Don't deny it."
 
"Not anymore, now I only like one specific ."
 
Tiffany arrived home right after Joohyun had left. She didn't bother to looking for her elder daughter, because she has some other pressing matter to do, to gossip about her friend's daughter with Wendy.
 
"Wendy, who is Sooyoung's crush?"
 
"Sooyoung? Joy? Crush? Fanta? No idea, but Seulgi might have a crush on her."
 
"Hyoyeon's daughter? Why do you say that?"
 
"Seulgi shared her precious Pringles with Joy."
 
"Oh my gosh. That Pringles fanatic? I better call Sooyoung and Hyoyeon."
 
"To gossip?"
 
"To plan for their wedding."
 
*
 
"Hyo, your daughter might have a crush on someone that has a crush on someone else!" Tiffany spoke rapidly through the Skype chat, bewildering both Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. She repeated herself when she received no reaction from either of them.
 
"My daughter, Seulgi, has a crush on someone, but that person does not return her feelings? How is that possible! My daughter is the most charismatic child ever! Or so she told herself. I don't know where she got that idea from, definitely not me, by the way."
 
"Tiff, who is that someone?"
 
"Seulgi has a crush on Sooyoung! Joy!"
 
"Soo! Tell your daughter to stop liking whoever she likes right now!"
 
"Girls? I think we just hit the jackpot." Sooyoung announced after remaining silent for ten second.
 
"You're in the casino? Or was it the Powerball lottery? How much did you win?"
 

"No, I just remembered Sooyoung said that her crush's name is Seulgi."

*

I thank those who spent time reading the A/N (9/19, 47% from Ch. 1) and commenting. No 1's are needed this time, maybe in future chapters.

Please don't tell me what ships to write, because they are set, as I have mentioned in the foreword.

Challenge for you all (optional): Find the picture of Tiffany that inspired this story (2015 Dec ~ 2016 Jan).

I probably won't have an update next week.