Movie

Keeping Up With the PTA Moms

Taeyeon laid on the bed, holding her daughter's hand. She looked very pale, but Irene, seated next to the bed, seemed unconcerned about her condition.

"Irene, open the box under the bed." Taeyeon ordered.

Irene took out the envelope in the box and handed them to her mother. Her mother opened it and gave the slips of paper to her.

"I want you to have them, so, when you meet her, you can make good use of them."

"Alright, cool. May I leave now?"

"I am not going to last much longer... So, I just want to say, you are my favorite daughter." Taeyeon smiled weakly at her daughter.

Without replying, Irene stood up and headed for the door. However, she stopped as she was about to step out of the room. Something about that sentence was wrong.

Irene turned back to face her mother.

"Firstly, I am your only daughter."

"I suppose you are right. Unless you include the pets, then you're probably ranked last."

"Secondly, you speak like you are dying, but in reality, you are feeling sick because you ate too much."

"Shh! We don't like hearing about the truth here!"

"Lastly, I'm leaving now, or I'm going to be late for the date."

"Have fun leaving your mother here to die."

Irene rolled her eyes and said goodbye.

As soon as Irene left, Taeyeon immediately made a call and jumped of the bed to get ready for the mission.

"Operation Definitely-Not-Following is a go."

*

Wendy and Irene decided to meet up at the movie theatre, since it was within walking distance of both of their homes.

"What movie are we watching?"

"I don't know either. My mom gave me these tickets."

"Surprise. Not sure I like it. Either way, let's go!"

Taeyeon and Jessica tailed them into the movie theatre as soon as the two of them were out of sight.

"What movie did you choose?"

"Tiffany chose them, and she is not here, which means it is something she hates, because she doesn't have to be here and watch it." Jessica grumbled.

"How bad can it be? It's just a movie."

The two parents shrugged and glanced at the movies available at the theatre.

Ju-on: The Grudge 3
The Conjuring: Revisited
Friday the 13th: Do Not Enter
Dora The Explorer: Amazon Adventure - A Guide To Online Shopping
The Hat in the Cat: Don't Eat Everything You See, A Documentary

"What the heck are these movies? No wonder there is only a handful of people here!"

If you have fifty fingers on each hand, then you can say there were a handful of people here.

"Tiffany also chose the date. She must have known the movies that were playing."

"I also should have known when she asked me to join this operation. I was stupid."

"I mean, I probably pissed her off when I destroyed the kitchen, but what did you do?" Jessica was curious. 

"How did you destroy the kitchen?"

"Only part of it! I accidentally burned the stove when I was using the microwave. You?"

Taeyeon was not a cooking expert, but she was fairly sure that using the microwave should not harm the stove. However, she was not about to ask. It was not something she would like to know the detail of.

"I mean, I probably made a comment about her car's colour."

"What did you say?"

"It's terrible."

"Tell me anyway."

"I said it!"

"Huh?"

"I said, 'it is terrible.'"

They later learned that the official name of the operation was Operation: Revenge of The Pink Ranger.

*

Luckily, the movie chosen was Friday The 13th: Do Not Enter. It was mostly classified as a comedy horror movie, although some would argue that there was no horror elements in the movie.

"I actually watched the whole Friday the 13th series." Wendy commented as they were seated.

"I didn't peg you as the kind of person to like these movies."

"I like to guess when a jump scare is going to happen, or predict when a main character is going to do something dumb."

"I don't like horror movies, but I don't mind watching this."

The main character Honey on the screen opened a door that led to a room where weird groaning noises were coming from. As the door creaked open, a crashing sound coming from the parking lot distracted Honey from peeking inside the room. When Honey turned around, a black figure slipped through the door and escaped undetected.

"Holy freaking Christmas cake!"

"Holy fish sticks!"

Two people in the theatre screamed, again. It was the same pair of people getting scared throughout the whole movie.

Irene and Wendy could not help but laughed. Why do people bother watching horror movies if they get so easily scared?

They also thought the voices sounded really familiar.

"Shut up." Taeyeon whispered to Jessica.

"You shut up." Jessica retorted.

"How about you both shush?" A woman suddenly appeared in the row behind them.

"OH MY GOD!" Both of them tried to scream, but their voices were muffled by Tiffany's hands covering their mouths.

"Come on, they're leaving." Tiffany spotted the targets and moved efficiently, while the two idiots lagged behind.

*

After the movie, they went to dinner before both of them had to go home and study for their final exams.

Irene felt like someone was following her, but Wendy did not notice any abnormality.

"Can you guys not be so obvious? Please?" Juhyun joined them on their operation after hearing about the date.

No, actually, Juhyun refused to acknowledge this as a date. Her baby sister was just having fun with her friend. Her baby sister could not be going on a date already. No.

No.

No.

"No."

"What?" Jessica asked. Her daughter seemed to be in distraught.

"Nothing."

"Juhyun, Wendy is growing up. You need to accept that."

"But... That Bae Joohyun... She is crazy!"

"Juhyun, I have met her. She is a very nice girl, even if her mother is a bit psychotic."

"Hey!" Taeyeon was not about to let people call her crazy in front of her.

"HUSH!" Tiffany scolded all of them and pointed at their targets, who seemed to be engaged in a serious conversation.

*

"That was definitely my mom's voice."

"And the one following was my mom's voice."

They sighed and wondered why their parents were so nosy and had so much free time on their hands.

"You know what? Let's pretend they are not here and enjoy our... Dinner."

Irene did not want to use the word "date." She was not sure if Wendy considered this a date.

"You can call it a date. I'm not a kid, even if my sister thinks so."

"It's a date."

"It is."

After dinner, they called their parents to pick them up from the restaurant, as the night was getting dark. It was obvious that their parents were following them the whole day, because they arrived in less than a minute.

"Mom, try to be more subtle next time." 

"I don't know what you are talking about. La la la. I was discussing first world problems with my PTA council."

Basically a conversation that happened in both families.

Before they entered the car, Wendy pecked Irene's cheeks and waved goodbye to her and Taeyeon. Irene touched her cheeks, which were flushed and heated from it. She glanced at Juhyun, who had an unreadable expression looking at her sister.

Juhyun bid farewell and got in the car.

"Mom, am I going to die?"

Irene shivered. She did not know Wendy would be so bold, in front of her sister, nonetheless. Juhyun was going to murder her and make it look like an accident.

"If that happens, I'm going to rent your room out. Is that cool?"

"Remember to format my laptop and burn all of my diaries."

*

After showering, Juhyun saw that the light in Wendy's room was still lit. She knocked on the door and was granted access.

"Did you have fun today?"

Wendy nodded. She smiled as the recalled the events from today.

"I see."

*

TEXT MESSAGE HISTORY BETWEEN JUHYUN AND JOOHYUN

10:59 PM, Sunday, May 15, 2016
Juhyun:

I'll allow it.
 

*

I apologize if this is boring. I haven't been able to complete stories in a long time. I am not creative at all.

Here are my notes for the chapter, which I definitely did not follow through.

Anyhow, thank you for reading.

P.S. Changed Joohyun to Irene to prevent people from getting confused. Ignore timeline. It's just for fun.