Mother's Day

Keeping Up With the PTA Moms
During lunch break, Juhyun began to study for her finals at the library. She chose a corner seat, hoping to block out every distraction if possible. However, it was proved to be impossible, when Joohyun suddenly appeared from her back and tapped on--punched--her shoulder.
 
From Juhyun's past experiences, she knew that anything involved with Joohyun will not be pleasant. Basically, no one should interact with her at all.
 
"What is your family going to do on Sunday?" Joohyun asked eagerly, and Juhyun could not help but roll her eyes at her indirect question.
 
"You mean Wendy?"
 
"Doing that... It is tempting, but it would be illegal."
 
Joohyun must have a super power, for example, enraging Juhyun all the time. It could even be bending people's words to what she wanted to hear.
 
"I hope you are ready to die."
 
"No, but seriously, what are you guys going to do on Sunday?"
 
"We are going to accompany my mothers to the mall to celebrate Mother's Day. I am ready to sing 'A Hard Day's Night,' the perfect song to listen to while shopping with my mothers."
 
Joohyun's face turned red, green, and then, at last, white. 
 
"Chocolate. Fudge. Chocolate fudge!"
 
Joohyun ran away screaming bloody murder. Fortunately for Joohyun and unfortunately for Juhyun, the librarian did not catch the troublemaker before she disappeared. Juhyun was only too occupied to report her to the dean.
 
On Sunday, Tiffany insisted on taking her pink car to the mall. Jessica did not object, and neither did Wendy. Therefore, Juhyun could only oblige, or else one of her mothers would have made a scene using the excuse, "today is Mother's Day!"
 
As soon as they arrived at the mall, Juhyun realized that the car issue was only the beginning of today's challenges.
 
Tiffany and Jessica both liked shopping. Perhaps, a better word would be "obsessed." They could shop in any kind of stores, ranging from supermarkets, book stores, clothing stores, electronics store, and more.
 
"Oh. My. Gosh. This looks so PRETTY." Tiffany held a pink router in her hands.
 
"Aside from the fact that our home's router is brand new, yes, I agree with you."
 
Juhyun did not understand why any company would release a pink router.
 
"We totally need this." Jessica checked the price tag of the portable air conditioner.
 
"Our house has central air conditioning."
 
"I guess it would not be a bad idea. I don't want to be frozen to death by the central air conditioning."
 
"Juhyun! Jessica and I sleep in the same room. Are you trying to kill me?"
 
Juhyun did not think thoroughly.
 
Then somehow, they ended up in a grocery store.
 
Tiffany and Jessica browsed through every aisles, and Wendy stopped them when they put cooking ingredients into the cart.
 
"MOMS! We are not having dinner at home tonight." Wendy reminded, fearing that her mothers would attempt to cook again.
 
"Right! We can't cook anyway." Jessica remembered that they have been banned from the kitchen.
 
They have been walking around for four hours, so Juhyun asked for a break, and as expected, it did not go as she has wished.
 
"Juhyun, I am disappointed in you. Do you really hate being seen with your mothers so much?" Tiffany exclaimed, as if Juhyun has just declared that she was getting married.
 
"I doubt you have time to care about me when you are so absorbed in shopping."
 
"No more excuses. You will have to learn to spend time with us."
 
"Alright."
 
"Don't give us that attitude." Jessica added at last.
 
Juhyun sighed. Her operation "LET ME GO MY MOMS ARE CRAZY" has failed terribly. She wondered if Wendy was already bored to death that she could not speak.
 
Wait. Where did Wendy go? Juhyun scanned her surroundings, but could not locate her sister. She blamed her sister's short stature for making this a difficult task.
 
"Joohyun unnie!"
 
Wendy's voice rang from behind Juhyun, whom turned around instantly and came face to face with the demon--Bae Joohyun. Juhyun immediately regretted talking to her and even telling her plans for Mother's Day.
 
"Oh, hi. What a coincidence." Joohyun greeted with fake enthusiasm.
 
"Right. Of course. Wendy, come on. We have to go." In return, Juhyun remarked flatly and urged Wendy to walk away from her friend.
 
Of course, nothing has ever gone well for Juhyun, because that was how the world worked. It would not be normal if anything was in her favour.
 
"Taeyeon! Joohyun!" Tiffany shouted on the top of her lungs. Jessica waved at them as well.
 
"Mom. Please let's just go." Juhyun begged, and according to Murphy's Law--anything that can go wrong, will go wrong--no one listened to her.
 
"No. Don't you see our friends over there? Maybe we should have dinner together! I am hungry anyway." Tiffany hyped up at her genius idea, and Jessica hummed in agreement.
 
Tiffany's statement was true. A normal human would be hungry after walking around for four hours and buying nothing. However, that caused Juhyun's mind to be on full alert. Having dinner with the demon and her mom was never on her agenda. She has not planned a strategy to defeat them.
 
"I am not sure if that is a good idea."
 
"Why not? A good kid with a thoughtful mother. What can go wrong?" Jessica questioned. Apparently, she has been deceived by their appearances.
 
"Um, everything? Believe me. That Bae Joohyun has weird intention towards your daughter."
 
"Towards you?"
 
"Ew. Disgusting. No. Please. Wendy."
 
"I trust that they will be good friends. Wendy can help Joohyun with English, while she tutors Wendy in Korean."
 
"Fine. Don't cry when Wendy is deflowered."
 
"Language!" Her mothers scolded simultaneously.
 
"It was not even a bad word..."
 
This day could not be worse for Juhyun.
 
Since every adult was whining about being hungry, so Juhyun, being the only sane person in the group, decided on a random restaurant closest to them. She has checked the its Yelp page and looked for an one-star review.
 
The Chicken Alfredo is terrible. DO NOT ORDER IT.
 
82 out of 90 people found this review helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Y/N
Comment | Report abuse
 
How Juhyun wished she could report abuse about Joohyun. For now, she would settle with recommending Chicken Alfredo to Joohyun. However, she knew that Joohyun would not trust her, so she will ask Wendy to do it.
 
"Joohyun unnie, what about this Chicken Alfredo?"
 
"Looks good. I'll have it."
 
Joohyun's willingness to listen to Wendy amazed Juhyun. Maybe she was not that bad. No. Bae Joohyun was trying to take her sister away. She definitely was not a good person.
 
Yelp was an interesting place. Juhyun ordered something that was greatly recommended in the reviews, and it tasted sub par--at least for her. On the contrary, Joohyun appeared to be enjoying her food. However, Juhyun then heard the conversation between Taeyeon and Joohyun.
 
"Joohyun, why did you order Chicken Alfredo? You don't eat chicken."
 
"Wendy recommended it."
 
"You are dumb and smart at the same time. Switch with me. It's fish."
 
"Thanks, mom."
 
Well, Juhyun's impression of Joohyun might have improved slightly--very slightly. 
 
"So, Taeyeon, did you do anything fun today?" Tiffany inquired.
 
"We went to an art store. Joohyun bought me Faber-Castell colour pencils and Secret Garden in postcard format. You?"
 
"We just walked around the mall. Unfortunately, we did not make any purchase."
 
"Because you have bought enough just the day before." Jessica commented. She could imagine how glorious Tiffany's credit card bill would look.
 
The truth silenced Tiffany.
 
Before they departed from the restaurant, Juhyun gave Joohyun a warning.
 
"I'll be watching you. You make her sad? I will burn you, if it's the last thing I do."
 
"Note taken."
 
Joohyun bidded goodbye to everyone and followed her mother to the car.
 
"Nice kid. Isn't she?" Tiffany said, smiling.
 
"Perhaps."
 
Although Joohyun still was bad, but maybe she was not that bad.
 
*
Happy Mother's Day (for those who celebrate)!
It is still Sunday over here. I did not plan to write a chapter for Mother's Day, but a random conversation came up in my mind, so I did. (Link to my "magnificent" draft. It is my "inspired" penmanship.)
It has been a long time since I have updated PTA. I am just really lazy. I have no idea when I will write the Joygi chapter.
I like this story, and I hope you do too!
Question of the chapter: What did you do on Sunday (in general)? My mom went to CA for a trip, so only my dad and my sisters were home. I went to the mall with my sister.