Wife

Keeping Up With the PTA Moms
After the PTA event, Tiffany rushed home, half anxious and half excited to tell her wife about the weird experience she had. She found her wife napping on the sofa and woke her up by forcefully pushing her off the furniture. The victim of the act laid on the ground and groaned out in pain.
 
"Jessi, someone was hitting on me at the PTA meeting!"
 
"Hitting you?" Jessica's terrible misheard phrase proved that her mind was not yet fully awoken, unless she did it intentionally.
 
"No, hitting on me!" She repeated, anticipating for her wife's surprised reaction.
 
"Nice joke, but Ms. Stephanie Young Hwang, you're not that pretty."
 
"I was really being hit on!"
 
"Alright, tell me what gave you that illusion." Her wife sat on the office chair, pretending to be a consultant, but she didn't seem to be interested in her story at all.
 
"Why is it so hard for you to believe me?"
 
"Because you are a pig, a pink one, nonetheless."
 
"You're so mean! I'm going to meet her and have an affair with her now." Her wife wants to joke around? She will give her one.
 
"Wait, it's a woman? Tell me everything."
 
*
 
Tiffany entered the meeting room. As usual, she was twenty minutes early, since she was the president of the organization. The purpose of today's meeting was to prepare for next week's family gathering.
 
"Is this the PTA room?" Judging from the foreign face of the woman that just walked in, Tiffany was sure that she has never seen this person.
 
"Yes. I am Tiffany, have we ever met?"
 
"Oh, I just moved here. I am Taeyeon. Nice to meet you, Tiffany." They shook hands. Tiffany could feel how tightly Taeyeon was squeezing her hand. She felt uncomfortable about it.
 
Seats were arranged neatly in the room. They were equidistant from each other. Taeyeon chose the one next to Tiffany, and subtly inched closer to her.
 
"Tiffany, the pants look really good on you, but I can make them look better."
 
"Thanks, but I am used to what I have now." Tiffany knew what they was trying to do. She has heard that line or some variation of it for over a hundred times.
 
"When you smile, the curve of your lips looks so beautiful. However, that is not my favorite curve of you."
 
"Thanks, but let's keep that to yourself."
 
"Oh, OK. Are the other members going to be here soon?" Tiffany nodded in confirmation, or she hoped that they would.
 
Sooyoung and Hyoyeon finally arrived at the location. Tiffany glared at them, signaling them to save her from this weird person next to her. They used a lame excuse, saying that they are the vice presidents of the PTA, and took over Taeyeon's seat.
 
The change of seats did not improve the situation, rather, it turned worse. She sat across from Tiffany and kept on winking at her throughout the whole meeting.
 
*
 
Joohyun was with her mom in the house. They were readying themselves for the family gathering event, or rather, Taeyeon specifically. The parent has been standing in front of the mirror for a full hour.
 
"How do I look?" She adjusted her shirt once again, trying to straighten it. However, it became more wrinkly instead.
 
"Old." Jooyhyun replied. She did not even look up at her mom, whom she knew would not be satisfied at any of her words.
 
"You're not getting your monthly allowance."
 
"I don't even have any."
 
"So now you really won't."
 
Joohyun rolled her eyes behind her mother's back. She grabbed her phone and sent a message to Wendy, inquiring about her day. Five minutes later, the younger girl still has not replied, which was unusual. Either Wendy was busy, or her sister intervened.
 
"Alright, let's go." Her mother announced when the hour hand of the clock struck five.
 
Joohyun grumbled inaudibly under her breath, possibly about her hatred towards crowded places and annoying people trying to talk to her. Additionally, her mother would leave her to die there, because she has something "more important" than her daughter to take care of.
 
"Tiffany's family is going to be there. Don't you want to see the cute little girl you like? The one whose you like?"
 
"You make me sound like a ert."
 
"Sorry, but you have my genes."
 
"Huh? I didn't wear your jeans."
 
*
 
"So, where is this Taeyeon you mentioned?" Tiffany pointed at the corner. There were a lot of people, making it difficult for Jessica to determine whom she was referring to.
 
"Oh, that shortie? So it was not your imaginary friend. I am amazed."
 
"You are not that tall yourself, Jessi, and I don't have an imaginary friend. I never had one."
 
"I will burn your high heels. Also, Wendy has an imaginary friend. It was in your genes."
 
Tiffany clenched her fists, but she knew that it was not the time for her to be enraged. In attempt to calm herself, she breathed in and out, and thought of Prince in pink Halloween costumes.
 
"Alright, enough messing around, I am going to talk to her."
 
"Are you going to tell her to stay away from me?"
 
"No, I am going to recommend her a doctor--an optometrist. Then ask her to check her eyesight, and get a pair of glasses."
 
Tiffany, puzzled by Jessica's words, slightly angled her head and glanced at Jessica like her dear Prince.
 
"If she thinks that you are pretty, then she must have some eye problems."
 
"I wonder what I saw in you that made me fall for you."
 
"Nothing. You saw my face only."
 
*
 
Taeyeon's sole objective tonight was to talk to Tiffany. She had a series of related pickup lines she had planned to use. In the corner, she glanced around, trying to locate Tiffany. She saw her target holding hands with a woman. They seemed close, perhaps they were friends.
 
"Who is that woman next to Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked Hyoyeon, not Sooyoung, as she despised tall people and would never go near them. Apparently, they shared the same mindset.
 
"Jessica."
 
"Who is Jessica?"
 
"Wife."
 
"Whose wife?
 
"Tiffany's wife."
 
"She has a wife?"
 
"She has a wife."
 
The said wife was coming towards their direction. Sensing that something bad was about to occur, Hyoyeon patted on Taeyeon's back and wandered off to the dance floor.
 
"Taeyeon, is it? I am Jessica. Let's have a chat." There was no option for her.
 
*
 
"You are interested in my wife, Tiffany." Jessica did not beat around the bush.
 
Taeyeon was not stupid. She denied the accusation, because she does not want to die a horrible death.
 
Jessica raised her eyebrows at her response. She did not trust her, but what else could she say? So she put on her poker face, crossed her arms, and waited for a further elaboration.
 
"You see, my daughter likes your daughter, so I want to befriend Tiffany!"
 
"Daughter? Which one?"
 
"She didn't mention... The one with a nice ?" Taeyeon guessed, as all she could recall from their talk was "".
 
"Nice ? Must be Wendy. She has Tiffany's genes after all." Jessica reasoned, as Taeyeon imagined the picture of a certain someone's in her mind.
 
"Joohyun really likes Wendy. She paid immense effort on her English test, because she wants to impress Wendy."
 
Jessica nodded in acknowledgment. Joohyun sounded like a girl she and Tiffany would both like; they respected hardworking people. Spotting her daughters with an unfamiliar girl, whom she assumed to be Jooyhyun, she decided to give her some words of encouragement and introduce herself.
 
*
 
While their parents were occupied with their separate tasks, the mission of protecting Wendy was left to her older sister. Juhyun glowered at the devil walking towards her and Wendy. Using her height advantage, Juhyun blocked Wendy's vision by standing in front of the shorter girl.
 
"Hi, Wendy. You didn't reply my text?" Juhyun should have covered up Wendy's ears as well, but it was too late.
 
"Sorry, Juhyun unnie has my phone."
 
"I was clearing up space on her phone. I got rid of the useless stuff." This was the most indirect insult Juhyun could think of. It was pretty genius, if you ask her. She thought she had won.
 
"I am positive that you didn't read our conversation. If you did, you would be in the hospital."
 
"No, I will make you land in the hospital instead."
 
The two older girls were so engaged in their quarrel, and ignored Wendy, whom was staring at them with a shocked expression, eyes almost popping out.
 
"Unnie, calm down. I don't want you to get arrested. Joohyun unnie didn't to anything to me." Wendy wished she could stop them. However, she understood that they will force her to pick a side. She needed to think of a better solution.
 
"Yet." Juhyun scowled at Joohyun's smug face.
 
"I can neither confirm nor deny your statement."
 
Just as Juhyun was about to have another comeback--a stronger one, someone interrupted her speech. She was surprised to see her mother beside her.
 
"Girls, having fun?" Jessica asked. She failed to notice their rigid facial expressions and the awkward atmosphere. She was also deaf to Wendy's silent cries for help.
 
"Joohyun, you are a good kid. Treat Wendy well. Don't disappoint us, alright?"
 
Jessica betrayed Juhyun at the worst time, and in the most unbelievable way. Juhyun's strength and hope were slowly extracted from her body. To her, this world was a lie.
 
"You know what, I will go home and rest. I think I might need go to the hospital if things get weirder."
 
"Good day, Juhyun. I will take care of Wendy."
 
"Thanks."
 
Juhyun definitely was not in her right state of mind, or she would never have handed Wendy off to anyone besides her parents. Sometimes, even her parents cannot be trusted.
 

Joohyun three, Juhyun negative three.

*

I bet you expected the ships.

I do not mean to be difficult, but may I suggest something? When you comment, if you cannot think of something to say, you could mention a line or part you like from the chapter. (I thank those who have written a long comment.) Do not be afraid to have a conversation with me. Also, please, if you did not recognize some jokes (basically, my stories' bases are making fun of people), do yourself a favor, reread. However, do not overthink.

Again, thank you for reading. The next chapter will focus on Joygi. However, I do not know when I will write it.

Not a fan, but congratulations, Me U (or however it is writte, sorry lol).