Tour

Keeping Up With the PTA Moms
Juhyun was surprised when she heard Irene got accepted into the same university as she did. Please do not misunderstand her; she had a legitimate reason behind her reaction.
 
See, Star Museum was one of the most prestigious schools. Irene was not exactly the best students academically, nor was she active in extracurricular activities. Juhyun was the number one student and the president of the student organization.
 
So she asked Irene, about how she got accepted.
 
"You see, my mom is pretty rich..."
 
Irene almost got punched in the face.
 
Juhyun just had too much strength and a fast reaction time.
 
"Alright! I got accepted as a dance student! I've won tons of dance competitions!"
 
"Dance? But your mom looks like she'll faint if she walked ten meters!"
 
"Ten meters? You overestimate her. I'm pretty sure I'm adopted by now."
 
"Hmm. Nope. You two must be biologically related. You have the same fixation."
 
Juhyun had seen stuff that she wished to forget. A child should not see her mother being ogled. A sister should not see her sister being treated in the same manner.
 
"Fine. Why did you mention school?"
 
"Right. Wendy wants you to join us on the school tour."
 
That pained her to say. Even though Juhyun allowed their relationship, she still was a bit wary of Irene. She knew Wendy could protect herself, but she was always going to be worried about her baby sister.
 
"Are you sure you can bear to see me with Wendy?"
 
Ha. Irene had an active imagination.
 
"Oh, no. Ma is gonna drive you."
 
Juhyun was delaying the inevitable reality by separating Irene and Wendy as much as she could.
 
"Who is your Ma again?"
 
"The cooler one."
 
What Juhyun meant was, Ma was the scary one.
 
"And your Mom is the pink monster."
 
"You're not wrong."
 
"Which one is your biological mom again?"
 
"Mom is Wendy's."
 
"Why don't you answer my questions directly?"
 
"Why don't you ask me questions about Wendy?"
 
"Point taken."
 
*=
 
It was really awkward. When Juhyun said Jessica would be driving Irene, she assumed her classmate would come with.
 
"Irene, is it?"
 
"Yes, that is correct."
 
Jessica was intimidating, even though she had barely spoken.
 
"You like Wendy."
 
That was a statement. Jessica knew about Irene's motive and she was going to murder her by faking a crash. Then she was going to pin this all on her and make her go to jail after death.
 
"I'm not going to kill you."
 
Jessica could read minds.
 
"I cannot read minds, if that's what you're thinking."
 
Irene did not believe her.
 
"I'm just curious. How did you get Juhyun's approval?"
 
"I do not know. Please forgive me."
 
"Irene, I'm genuinely curious. What did you do?"
 
"I have not laid a single finger on Wendy. I swear on my mother's grave."
 
"I'm not sure if your mom will be happy about that, given that she is quite alive."
 
"She doesn't have to be! I'll even help!"
 
Jessica raised an eyebrow at her words.
 
Irene just refused to talk after that.
 
Plus, they had arrived at Star Museum University.
 
*=
 
Irene had snatched Wendy away before: a) either of the parents could ask any questions, b) Juhyun beat Irene up, and c) she herself fainted.
 
"Irene unnie! Slow down!"
 
Wendy's stamina was pretty terrible. Irene would have to train with her in the future, like going to the gym together.
 
"Sorry."
 
"Where are we going?"
 
"I want to see the auditorium."
 
"Why?"
 
"I have a dance prepared for you."
 
Irene stepped onto the stage. Wendy sat on the best seat available and waited for Irene's next move.
 
It was a secret, that Irene was a dancer. She had deliberately kept the truth from almost everyone. Her mother might be the only one who knew about it.
 
Until now.
 
She performed a dance routine for Wendy. It was nothing special, just a warm up she usually does before her dance practice.
 
Wendy was mesmerized.
 
"You know, when you told me you are gonna dance, I didn't expect this."
 
"I can't tell if your reaction is good or not."
 
Wendy laughed.
 
"You're amazing."
 
Irene had received a lot of compliments from many people over the course of--well, her whole life up until now, but Wendy's compliment made her heart flutter.
 
"I'm glad you like it."
 
"I love it."
 
"Now, am I going to see you dance?"
 
"I'm a terrible dancer."
 
"You can't be that terrible."
 
"Oh, but I am."
 
"I don't believe you. Your sister can dance to that Shake It song like crazy."
 
Irene shuddered as she recalled the time Juhyun danced. Her dance was terrifyingly perfect.
 
"You must know, my sister is crazy--"
 
"Agreed."
 
"I mean she is crazily talented!"
 
"Let's just simply agree on crazy."
 
*=
 
Jessica and Tiffany had gone to reminisce their time in college together.
 
"Jessi, remember when we first met?"
 
Of course she did.
 
*=
 
It was a snowy morning. Jessica has just woken up from her slumber not long ago. She had plenty of time before her class started, so she decided to talk a walk in the campus.
 
The ground was painted white by snow. If one was not careful, he or she might slip and fall.
 
Just like the girl who walked past Jessica.
 
Ouch.
 
"Are you alright?" Jessica asked as she helped the girl up.
 
"Yes, yes, I am. Thank you so much."
 
The girl looked at her. Her smile shone through her eyes.
 
"I'm Tiffany."
 
Jessica released a shaky breath. She forgot to breathe for a moment.
 
"Jessica."
 
*=
 
"I remember. It was the day I fell."
 
Jessica saw Tiffany's confused face and laughed.
 
"Wait. I thought I fell? When did you fall?"
 
"The moment I met you."
 
Jessica forgot that Tiffany was so easy to tease.
 
"Jessi!"
 
"What?"
 
"Give me a warning if you're gonna say stuff like that!"
 
"Hmm. Alright. I'm gonna say I love you. Are you ready?"
 
"No!"
 
"I love you."
 
Tiffany hugged Jessica and hid her face in the crook of her neck to hide her embarrassment.
 
"I love you, too, even if you always tease me."
 
"Do you not want me to say it then?"
 
Tiffany was silent for a moment.
 
"No, I want you to say it. I like to hear you say you love me."
 
"Then I'm going to say it all the time, yeah?"
 
Tiffany hummed in agreement.
 
"For the record, I fell twice that day."
 
"I knew you couldn't resist me."
 
"No, I couldn't."
 
*=
 
Juhyun was left alone at the entrance. She had decided to join an official tour guided by a current student.
 
"Hello, I will be your guide today."
 
She was pretty.
 
Juhyun was surprised as such thought crossed her mind.
 
"Miss?"
 
"Sorry!"
 
Realizing she was being called out for lagging behind, Juhyun jogged to catch up. The guide girl reached for her hand and directed her to stay in the front of the group.
 
"Just so you don't stray away."
 
Her smile hid a hint of teasing.
 
"I was distracted."
 
"I know I'm too pretty."
 
Although it was an infuriating statement, Juhyun could not argue with that.
 
"What's your name?"
 
"Juhyun."
 
"Pretty. I hope we meet again."
 
"Are you not going to tell me yours?"
 
The guide pointed at her arm. It was a "Hello! My name is:" sticker. On it was a drawing of those Crocs sandals.
 
Things could not be more puzzling than now. The girl was not wearing Crocs products. Was she missing anything?
 
"Unfortunately, I'm going to hand you guys over to another leader. I have to leave for an emergency."
 
People were whispering around them when they noticed her. Some people were already taking pictures. There must be something important she was missing.
 
"Yes, I have a filming I have to get to. I'll see you guys soon! On TV!"
 
So she was an actress. It was not wonder that Juhyun did not recognize her. She was busy with school and neglected to educate herself about recent trends.
 
"By the way, you're adorable."
 
Juhyun received a wink from the girl as she sprinted away after whispering in her ear.
 
That was one of the weirdest things she had ever experienced.
 
*=
 
"So, Juhyun, how was your day?" Tiffany asked as they reunited at the parking lot.
 
Juhyun did not know where to start. Her day was made quite weird when she met the Crocs girl.
 
"Some girl said I was adorable."
 
"Aww. Did you get her phone number?"
 
"What? No."
 
"Then what is the writing on the palm of your hand?"
 
Call me :p
234-5678-901
 
"She's a freaking ninja."
 
TEXT MESSAGE HISTORY BETWEEN JUHYUN AND Crocs
 
9:59 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
JUHYUN:
Hello? This is Juhyun.
 
10:00 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
Crocs:
I was getting worried that you don't find me attractive.
 
10:00 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
JUHYUN:
Are you going to tell me your name?
 
10:01 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
Crocs:
I'm on channel 5.
 
"No way."
 
Juhyun actually watched the drama that was airing. It was the only show she watched during exam period.
 
Yes, the first thought that came to her mind was, "she is pretty," when she first watched the show.
 
It was absurd that she did not recognize the actress when she saw her today.
 
10:05 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
JUHYUN:
You're lying.
 
10:05 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
Crocs:
You saw me today. Was I not the same person?
 
10:06 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
JUHYUN:
You were cheeky! And weird! You can't be her.
 
10:06 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
Crocs:
You're adorable.
 
10:10 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
Crocs:
I was hoping you'd go on a date with me.
 
10:13 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
Crocs:
Hello?
 
10:20 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
Crocs:
Juhyun?
 
10:30 PM, Thursday, Oct 5, 2017
Crocs:
Sweet dreams.
 
******
Read relationship map for age and other information!
So I suddenly have an idea for this story, and I wrote it. Now I struggle with future chapters.
It is fun to write PTA, because I can write crazy stuff and it still would make sense, as long as I have a main idea.
Question of the chapter: Who do you think is Crocs?