Entry 4

It's a mistake

Enrty 4

It didn’t went to what I plan. As much as I am disappointed, a person’s name is added in my friends list. Kim Wonwoo –Mingyu’s older brother. The person who I probably know so much even if I haven’t formally meet him. Mingyu keep talking about him. Like every single time. Also the reason why he came to love Sherlock Holmes too because of Wonwoo/

We became friends immediately when we move in next to them, knowing we had the same interest on books. As much as the resident bookworms are rooting unto the new release books, Wonwoo and I are digging into classic books.

Pride and Prejudice
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Grimm’s fairytales
Three Musketeers
and many more....

 

We would walk together to school, since he is the first one out of their house. I was waiting at our doorstep, hoping to get to walk with Mingyu going to school.

I did able to have a chance to walk with Mingyu and Wonwoo going to school, when we just recently moved in. (It was a lot of fun, but soon felt like a third wheel) Later on, it was always me and Wonwoo all along.

“Good Morning Younghee-ah”

“Wonwoo-oppa good morning”

“Mingyu will be late again, C’mon”

Not that I’m complaining, I do love our conversation always. The more I got to talk to Wonwoo the more I understand why Mingyu look up to him so much. He had a mature mind and so much knowledge on almost everything, the world underneath my feet started to make sense through his sharings. I really enjoyed looking at his eyes with so much enthusiasm when he talks about something he is passionate about. I felt the privileged that I was one of the few people who could witness this kind of side of him. Even if the school find him as the ‘grumpy’ one and ‘boring’ he has so much color bursting inside of him, you just need to stay a little bit more. Look a little bit more.

It was unexpected; Sherlock Holmes wasn’t the only person I look up to when I met Wonwoo.

Like Mingyu, Wonwoo can’t stop talking about his younger brother. It is cute, and I really admire how they look after each other. How they take care of each other. How they love each other.

It made me wish I had a sibling too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*************

 

“Mingyu becoming a playboy wasn’t a surprise for me” Minjeong said, wiping his glasses before continuing. We are seated next to each other with the books in front of us, some research assignment our teacher has given us.

I waited for her to continue.

“Girls are bluntly flirting to him, a guy like him can’t resist it” She shrugged and put her glasses back on. her eyes fixed back on the book. All those news of Mingyu dating was all over the campus, even if you have no intention of knowing it you’ll still be updated about it.

“He’s different” I defend him quickly; even my heart hurts on the thought. My ears are itching to any new rumours spreading around.

I just want it to stop.
I want it to be me.  

“I thought so too”

“I find him interesting on how the popularity didn’t get into his mind so much” She continued. She was copying the topic’s definition in her notebook. While I am still stunned, just watching things passing by me.

Mingyu is oblivious on his popularity, well he do receive tons of gifts and letters, but he still have no idea how the school literally monitoring him. That is why Wonwoo shoved the popularity down when he feels it starting. Mingyu was just being polite as he is, he do love interacting to other people.

“But I have a second theory”

She brimmed her eyes are sparkling just like how she finally figure out the math problem that the class has been mourning about.

“I think he is escaping something

“What do you mean by escaping something?”

“Mingyu is the type of guy with believes and principles, a wise boy –I suppose but...”

“What?”

“I don’t know”

She shrugged, and I felt like I want to flip the table in front of me. I glared to her, and she took it as a warning.  

“Maybe there would be a problem in their family?”

“Or maybe to his friends? That he needs a scapegoat”

“Or he is running away from a fact”

“Or he is completely bored”

Minjeong had a point, and her theory might explain Mingyu’s dating one after another. I have known Mingyu for the longest time, and I know he is not the type of person who just plays with feelings. If he does maybe there would be a good reason behind it.

But which one?

My best guess is, he is running away from a fact. I don’t know what, but all my instincts are pointing to it.

Fact? What truth is he escaping?

“I should be asking you this! You are his neighbour right?” She pinches me at my side to get my attention back, and I was holding myself not to scream inside the library.

“Wonwoo looks fine”

“And Mingyu?” I pursed my lips in a thin line, I fixed my eyes on the book in front of me.

“We don’t go to school together” I am sure that my voice sounds with so much disappointed, and Minjeong surely catch it.

“Then do you think it’s time to use that ‘deduction’ thingy?” She nudged me a little following with a chuckle. Maybe if I had some clue, I could probably trace things. I am not as good as Mr. Holmes, but the my analysis sometimes make sense. But I can’t start with nothing. I need to look more. I need to figure everything out.

“I’m happy though I’m not seeing you sulky”

Her head was resting on his right hand, looking at me. As my bestfriend, she have witness all my dilemmas and shared my secrets. She probably understand what I feel even if I dont even say it. She could read me behind my mask, and I am thankful that I had her. And she is too, to me.

“For a person who has Mingyu a crush for years, you seem not affected”

“I am”

I had so much opportunity given in front of me, but none of them even work.

“...But I was expecting this to happen in the first place”

 

 

 

 

A/N: This is crappy. Im really sorry. Tell me what you think